Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    0 times
    yep, he also talks about making his one bios as he didnt make a backup, has come in handy, wish i spotted it before i started as it could of helped ooo well

I have flashed it back with the known working bios but still not booting, but its not booting, think i might of damaged one of the small resisters that are close by but dont know what value they should be to check

Starscream
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TAM
    Liked
    68 times
    Can you enter the UEFI/BIOS or it won't boot OS?

Did you try the procedure outlined here?
    ASUS T100TA BIOS Recovery

Quote Originally Posted by HairyCube View Post
    Hello,

It seems that I've found a way to launch UEFI BIOS Recovery process on the T100TA. Here is what you need to do:

1. Download the latest BIOS version (313)
    2. Format a USB stick as FAT32
    3. Copy T100TAAS.313 to the root of the USB disk and rename it to T100TA.bin (T100TA has to be uppercase, the extension needs to be lowercase - this is very important)
    4. Connect the keyboard, insert the USB stick into the dock USB port
    5. Make sure the tablet is plugged in (otherwise the flash tool will show an error)
    6. PRESS THE HARDWARE START BUTTON on the left side of the tablet and without releasing the button power on the tablet by holding the Power button for ~2 seconds
    7. When the camera indicator lights up, release the start button and wait
    8. After several seconds you will see the blue screen of the flash utility

I have just tried it on my working T100TA, and I was able to reflash 313 with no issues. Reflashing this way resets NVRAM as well.
    My Manual calls it the Windows Button, which is just below the Volume button.

Google surface mount resistors code
    Last edited by Rocket_Scientist; 06-08-2018 at 02:20 PM.
    Asus Transformer T100TAM-C1-GM, Atom Z3775, 2GB-RAM, 64GB eMMC, Win8.1-32 updated to Win10-32
    ASUSTeK Computer Inc. -Support- Drivers and Download T100TAM

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    0 times
    not even booting now just the white flashing light

Have already googled the and it didnt help much as need a microscope to see the resistors, up side is i do have 2 t100ta and i havent touched one of them so can always find out what they are from the working one but for the time being will put this on hold

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    0 times
    well i have just found the boardview for this motherboard, have found most of the "resisters" around the flash chip are in fact just soldered on jumpers and they are used by the looks of it to select which flash chip to use (wson chip is on there but it can take a BGA chip insted, could come in handy if you wanted to have 2 UEFI and have a switch to select which one you wanted), so just need to solder in place some wire and all should be good

Starscream
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TAM
    Liked
    68 times
    I emailed Asus & their response was less than satisfactory.
    I asked "why is there no T100 series listed here & what are your plans for updating them?"

Their response was the following:

I understand that you would like to download and reinstall the drivers and utilities for your device and I will be more than happy to assist you.

How to update the driver for ASUS product?
    Please refer to the below steps to update the driver:

1. Log in to ASUS official support site and enter model name of your product https://www.asus.com/2-in-1-PCs/ASUS..._Book_T100TAM/
    2. After you enter the product page, click [Support]
    3. Click [Driver & Tools/Utilities], choose your OS edition
    4. Search and download the driver you need at this page (suggested to download the latest edition)
    5. Open the extracted folder and look for the “Setup” file, the file type should be an “Application”.
    6. Double click on the “Setup” file to run the application.
    7. Once installation has been completed, restart the system.

They sent a follow up feedback survey & I responded negatively on every question.
    They make you fill out all these items & then their Technical Support didn't even bother to read what was asked, therefore,
    I WILL NOT PURCHASE ANY ASUS PRODUCT EVER AGAIN.
    Asus Transformer T100TAM-C1-GM, Atom Z3775, 2GB-RAM, 64GB eMMC, Win8.1-32 updated to Win10-32

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    0 times
    WOW way to doge it.

i have got my broken t100ta back from the dead (is there anything the RPI cant do), with updated microcode, but only 1 out of the 3, dont know why if all 3 are updated it will not boot but mah i dont need the other 2, but i have found out the 2nd t100ta i have is not a TA like i thought, i was told they are both the same when i was given them but nope the 2nd one is in fact a 64GB T100TAM just like yours Rocket, this will get the update too after i dump the BIOS.
    Last edited by nullsleep; 07-04-2018 at 03:53 AM.
    Asus t100ta z3775 32gb win10 64bit (unstable, back to life thanks to the Raspberry PI)
    Asus t100tam z3775 64gb win10 32bit (Spectre updated)

Starscream
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TAM
    Liked
    68 times
    You da Man!!

I don't know what makes the guts of the TAM so different from the TA. The BIOS is version 400, so something must be different.
    The TAM is easily recognized from it's metal case on the tablet portion, opposite side of the screen. I think TAM = Metal

You don't actually have to dump the BIOS of the TAM, you can download it from the link in my signature.

BTW, your TA could be a z3735 or z3740, most of them were. Only the last ones they made were z3775.

Unfortunately, these are all "throw away" computers, not meant to last more than a few years, just like phones.
    My previous tablet to TAM was an HP Stream 7 that lasted 29 days, returned it to Office Depot for full refund ($80).
    My next throw away will have to be cheaper than this one was ($300).
    Last edited by Rocket_Scientist; 07-04-2018 at 06:48 AM.

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    0 times
    my t100TA is a z3775 so is my TAM, i now know it has a metal back but when i got them i was told they are the same and just to look at they look the same so i just grabed the first one to start to play with,.

the BIOS from the ASUS site is just the bios that is 4MB in size but the full flash is 8MB there is 4MB of Flash that doesnt get updated and i want the hole flash not just the BIOS/UEFI part just in case some thing goes wrong.

The hole flash contains:

Flash descriptor- contains information about memory regions where Intel TXE firmware and main UEFI are located and R/W access policy
    Intel TXE firmware- firmware for embedded microcontroller which runs independently from OS and CPU
    BIOS/UEFI

from looking at the two boards there isnt much that has changed, most of the chips are in the same place and they are all the same chips too, i have compared the UEFI in a hex editor and they are a little different, one thing i have noted the SD card socket on the TAM is not fussy about what cards i use while the TA just flat out refused to use any thing using SDXC, i did see and used the drivers for the TAM on the TA as ASUS has win10 64bit drivers up for the TAM yet the BIOS is only 32bit, i did read some where they did do a 4gb 64bit version but cant seem to find any thing on ASUS website at all.

one thing i have learned is ASUS`s web site is a load of crap, there support is crap, i am not blaming the people working there as they probly are not given the right information and/or training to help.
    Last edited by nullsleep; 07-04-2018 at 08:25 AM.
    Asus t100ta z3775 32gb win10 64bit (unstable, back to life thanks to the Raspberry PI)

Starscream
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TAM
    Liked
    68 times
    Quote Originally Posted by nullsleep View Post
    ... i did read some where they did do a 4gb 64bit version but cant seem to find any thing on ASUS website at all...
    I got you now, BIOS download is only part of what's in there. The remaining area is "protected".
    Only thing I can find is the "hackaday" website.

Did find this which would explain why BIOS is 32-bit.
    32-bit Windows (x86) is installed on 32-bit UEFI. 64-bit Windows (x64) is installed on 64-bit UEFI.
    This is part of the UEFI specification, which dictates that the underlying firmware match the OS runtime (easier for firmware interfaces).

ver 2.6 is January 2016
    All versions are here.

64-bit UEFI/BIOS models sold in Europe & maybe Asia, only.
    I found Asus T100 support for the UK & another for France, same version as US.

Another difference in the models are:
    1. 32 GB eMMC models had the Windows image burned into an 8GB ROM.
    2. 64 GB eMMC models had enough room for the image on a drive partition.

I don't care if it's 32-bit, just want the BIOS updated for Spectre.
    Maybe they don't intend to do it because it's too big of a performance hit on these older Atom processors.

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    0 times
    yep half of the ROM is for the stupid intel management system that no home user uses and just leaves a nice big hole for some one to exploit with out you knowing.

i am from the UK can cant find any thing to do with a 64bit TAM, i did seem France might of had one?

ooo yer for got about the 32GB had a 8GB usb recovery drive soldered to it, wonder if you could solder one to the 64GB version as it has the space there just missing the chips?

well on my t100TA with 32bit UEFI update microcode, i havent really seen much of a slow down in most tasks, the only time i see slow down is in games but these little things arent gaming rigs so no problem there. Give me some time and dump the ROM on mine and get the BIOS updated with the new Microcode, i will upload it for you if your brave anoth to try it
    Last edited by nullsleep; 07-05-2018 at 07:44 AM.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links