Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    0 times

My T100TA always in Alt key mode

Greetings all,
    i know lots of post related to T100 keyboard malfunctioning. I'm at my wits end. It's like this for few months already. I can't type any using T100 keyboard, usb wireless keyboard nor virtual keyboard. No filter set. The only thing i can type using T100 is when i use teamviewer, but unfortunately i just uninstall it cause i read in a thread here that after he uninstall teamviewer his T100 keyboard works fine. But, i'm not. its's still stuck at Alt key. when i press F key, i can open [F]ile menu. When i prest [F4] key i can shutdown. well that's a relief when you can't use touch screen (my screen cracked few days ago, and i have to turn off the touch screen). touch pad and enter key work just fine. only A-Z,0-9 and all symbols not working. I have no idea why it's happens. maybe it's started to acting weird after i upgrade win8 to 10 then downgrade it after few minutes cause i didn't like win10 functions. I even pull out the Alt key, and nothing under it. even with bare alt key, the keyboard sill act like in alt mode. what to do? any idea? the only thing that i didn't do yet is formatting nor reinstalling windows.
    Last edited by lizahayati; 02-27-2018 at 09:45 PM.

Asus USA Social Media Team
    Member #
    Tablet
    Uncategorised
    Liked
    154 times
    Quote Originally Posted by lizahayati View Post
    Greetings all,
    i know lots of post related to T100 keyboard malfunctioning. I'm at my wits end. It's like this for few months already. I can't type any using T100 keyboard, usb wireless keyboard nor virtual keyboard. No filter set. The only thing i can type using T100 is when i use teamviewer, but unfortunately i just uninstall it cause i read in a thread here that after he uninstall teamviewer his T100 keyboard works fine. But, i'm not. its's still stuck at Alt key. when i press F key, i can open [F]ile menu. When i prest [F4] key i can shutdown. well that's a relief when you can't use touch screen (my screen cracked few days ago, and i have to turn off the touch screen). touch pad and enter key work just fine. only A-Z,0-9 and all symbols not working. I have no idea why it's happens. maybe it's started to acting weird after i upgrade win8 to 10 then downgrade it after few minutes cause i didn't like win10 functions. I even pull out the Alt key, and nothing under it. even with bare alt key, the keyboard sill act like in alt mode. what to do? any idea? the only thing that i didn't do yet is formatting nor reinstalling windows.
    Hi lizahayati, allow us to apologize for the inconvenience caused and we'' be happy to help as best as we can. Please try to boot into Safe Mode and check if the issue persists. Here are the steps to launch Safe Mode:

1. Click on the Power button on the login screen.
    2. Press and hold the SHIFT key on keyboard and simultaneously click on Restart option.
    3. Once your PC restarts, on the Choose an option screen, tap or click Troubleshoot. If you don't see the Startup Settings option, tap or click Advanced options.
    4. Tap or click Startup Settings.
    5. Tap or click Restart.
    6. On the Startup Settings screen, choose the startup setting for Safe Mode with Networking (Generally F5 key is pressed to select this setting).
    7. Sign in to your PC with a user account that has administrator rights. Check if the issue persists in Safe Mode.
    Asus USA is a social support channel for North American purchasers. UK users requiring warranty support should contact their retailer. For other geographic locations, please check your product documentation or the Asus website for your locality and follow the support section instructions.

Transformer Forums is a privately owned "user to user" forum and is not affiliated with ASUSTeK Computer Inc in any way.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links