Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    0 times

T100 booting straight to Bios

Hi everyone,

I bought a second hand T100 win 8 32bit and was told that the emmc chip is faulty as the tablet is booting straight to BIOS not windows.

The bios also doesn’t show any hard drive boot options.

I tried to install a fresh copy of windows 10 over the stock windows 8. But during the windows installation I got an error saying “hard disk space is too small” but my hard disk is 80gb big.

A few separate issues I need help with
    1) how can I check if the Emmc is spoilt?
    2) Can I install and run windows off a thumb drive?
    Because I don’t have access to another harddisk to use in the keyboard dock currently. The keyboard dock’s hard disk is missing

Asus USA Social Media Team
    Member #
    Tablet
    Uncategorised
    Liked
    154 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Anysanser View Post
    Hi everyone,

I bought a second hand T100 win 8 32bit and was told that the emmc chip is faulty as the tablet is booting straight to BIOS not windows.

The bios also doesn’t show any hard drive boot options.

I tried to install a fresh copy of windows 10 over the stock windows 8. But during the windows installation I got an error saying “hard disk space is too small” but my hard disk is 80gb big.

A few separate issues I need help with
    1) how can I check if the Emmc is spoilt?
    2) Can I install and run windows off a thumb drive?
    Because I don’t have access to another harddisk to use in the keyboard dock currently. The keyboard dock’s hard disk is missing
    Hi Anysanser, allow us to apologize for the inconvenience caused and we'll be happy to help. You can try navigating to SECURITY then disable Secure boot options/priority then navigate to BOOT and enable Launch CSM and see if the drive shows under boot options. Try using a boot drive that has a Windows 10 that was made for UEFI bios and try the installation again.
    Asus USA is a social support channel for North American purchasers. UK users requiring warranty support should contact their retailer. For other geographic locations, please check your product documentation or the Asus website for your locality and follow the support section instructions.

Transformer Forums is a privately owned "user to user" forum and is not affiliated with ASUSTeK Computer Inc in any way.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Asus_USA View Post
    Hi Anysanser, allow us to apologize for the inconvenience caused and we'll be happy to help. You can try navigating to SECURITY then disable Secure boot options/priority then navigate to BOOT and enable Launch CSM and see if the drive shows under boot options. Try using a boot drive that has a Windows 10 that was made for UEFI bios and try the installation again.
    After disabling secure boot, I do not see any option to enable launch CSM.
    I tried to reinstall window using a separate tumbdrive but I cannot delete the partitions of the EMMC to relocate space.

Please assist.

Asus USA Social Media Team
    Member #
    Tablet
    Uncategorised
    Liked
    154 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Anysanser View Post
    After disabling secure boot, I do not see any option to enable launch CSM.
    I tried to reinstall window using a separate tumbdrive but I cannot delete the partitions of the EMMC to relocate space.

Please assist.
    Thank you for the response. You won't be able to delete the partitions if the BOOT drive is not UEFI for GPT partition scheme. Create a BOOT drive that complies with this then try again.
    Asus USA is a social support channel for North American purchasers. UK users requiring warranty support should contact their retailer. For other geographic locations, please check your product documentation or the Asus website for your locality and follow the support section instructions.

Transformer Forums is a privately owned "user to user" forum and is not affiliated with ASUSTeK Computer Inc in any way.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links