Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TAM
    Liked
    0 times

Asus T100TAM not seeing USB

Hello everyone this is my first post, I have been reading through the forum and couldn't find any threads that covered the issues I seem to be having so I apologize in advance if this is covered somewhere but my googling and forum reading have left me with nothing. I work fr a computer repair store and my manager just gave me a T100TAM, he said it wouldn't work and i could have it and try to fix it. Unfortunately every possible solution i have thought f is coming up empty. First it has windows 8 but boots into blue screen saying It needs to be repaired. Asus told me to buy a $50 recovery tool. I don't want that because Id like to put Linux on it anyways. However this device will not recognize a USB drive if i put it in the slot on the keyboard or a microSD. I see guides saying to turn on CSM in bios but my bios does not have that option. I believe flashing a new BIOS will fix the issue but if i cant get it to read any media then im not sure how to update BIOS. Basically this device is just a brick if I cant get it to read any other media. Thank you in advance for any help and I can give any more information you may need.

Starscream
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TAM
    Liked
    64 times
    There is no CSM. BIOS is UEFI only.
    Turn off Secure Boot in BIOS.
    Insert bootable USB into keyboard slot, restart.
    When you see camera light flash, keep tapping ESC key which will bring up boot device selection menu, select the one that looks like it's likely the USB. Contrary to all the other help, holding key down does not work.

What are the Boot Option Keys for T100?

ESC: Boot device selection menu
    DEL: Boot into BIOS Setup (same as F2)
    F2: Boot into BIOS Setup
    F9: Boot into windows recovery mode
    Vol Down: Boot Device Selection Menu

Asus T100 Master Help Guide

BTW, Windows 8.1 with Bing is what was installed. Standard 8.1 won't install. Both are 32-bit.
    https://www.howtogeek.com/195934/wha...e-to-use-bing/

There is no official MS download for 8.1 w/Bing, but I just found an iso download by Googling for "windows 8.1 with bing download iso free". Legal for you to use on the T100, no PID required, it's tied to the UEFI security (TPM) chip.
    Last edited by Rocket_Scientist; 02-16-2017 at 05:39 PM.
    Asus Transformer T100TAM-C1-GM, Atom Z3775, 2GB-RAM, 64GB eMMC, Win8.1-32 updated to Win10-32
    ASUSTeK Computer Inc. -Support- Drivers and Download T100TAM

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TAM
    Liked
    0 times
    Well I created a UEFI USB of 8.1 with bing, using Rufus. I turned on the tablet and hit ESC to enter the boot options and the only option was enter setup. I have secure boot turned off and USB Controller select set to ECHI and USB ECHI debug set to Enable. those were the only setting that look like they would affect this. Im also on BIOS version 204 if that matters. I know there is a newer version but I cant get it to update.

Starscream
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TAM
    Liked
    64 times
    Keep tapping ESC & don't stop as soon as you turn it on. If the USB is bootable, it will recognize it. 204 is an older BIOS but shouldn't matter. Updating BIOS must be done through Windows application. Make sure no uSD card is in slot. Manual has no reference to BIOS at all, like it doesn't exist. USB Controller select set to XCHI & Disabled.
    Asus Transformer T100TAM-C1-GM, Atom Z3775, 2GB-RAM, 64GB eMMC, Win8.1-32 updated to Win10-32

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TAM
    Liked
    0 times
    I changed the USB setting like you said and kept hitting ESC. the only boot option that appeared was enter setup. I tried the USB im using in another computer and wasn't able to boot from it so I think it may be the formating on the usb. I used Rufus to create this one following a guide but now i believe that the usb is the issue so I will have to try putting a UEFI bootable OS on a usb using another method.

Starscream
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TAM
    Liked
    64 times
    Rufus always works for me, don't know what you're doing. The guides you're following could be wrong, many are. Use Rufus default settings, don't change anything, except pointing to the correct iso file & the correct USB letter. It should be NTFS not FAT32. Maybe you're not using a bootable iso?

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links