Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: My T100TA missing, sound, camera, sensors icons . . .

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    3 times

My T100TA missing, sound, camera, sensors icons . . .

Hi.

I have several serious problems with my Asus T100TA laptop, bought january 2015.

the sound is gone
    camera is gone
    sensor to control the light on the screen is gone
    sensor to rotate the image when I turn the screen does not work
    indicator (icon) for battery status is gone

When I go into the device manager for these, I get the same message to everyone:

"This hardware device is not currently connected to your computer (Code 45). Connect the hardware to your computer to solve the problem"

Some summary and overview. This is an Asus T100TA computer new in January 2015 originally with Win 8.1, upgraded for free to Windows 10 Home 32bit this summer. The upgrade went smoothly and everything mentioned in the above points worked OK (except low audio) until, - either after a general update of all drivers, or a Windows update this fall.

So what could it be that makes these devices do not work? How to solve the problem? It seems that it is something that touches all these "units" simultaneously.

Lars H.

Guide Guru & Forum Administrator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Chromebook
    Liked
    2825 times
    As I read your post I would say your choices are either...
    1) Fresh wipe and reinstall of Windows together with all the Asus SoC drivers etc
    2) Reinstall the required drivers
    3) Search & read here for the solutions to issues I know have come up here before - camera and sound issues have certainly been covered.

Or, as your device is still under warranty, you could simply return it to either your retailer or Asus and have it fixed free of charge.

PLEASE Search for existing threads before posting a new one. Thanks.

Your opinion matters. But should you disagree - please try not to be disagreeable

Forum guide - here ~~ T100 FAQs - here ~~ Cold boot - here

Adobe Flash Player & Browser Guide here

Master Help Guide - here ~~ FAQ malware - here ~~ FAQ e-reading - here
    Mobile OS devices personal pantheon...
    ANDROID: Doogee DG310; SGS; Huawei Y300; Motoroloa Xoom 2ME; Razr; Defy Mini; CnM Touchpad II;
    Asus TF101; Lenovo A1; Samsung Tab 2 7.0
    APPLE: iPhone 4s; iPhone 5c; iPhone 6; iPhone 7; iPad 3; iPad Mini 2; iPad Air 2 64gb
    CHROMEBOOK: HP 14-Q010sa Celeron 14 Inch 4GB 16GB Chromebook - White.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    3 times
    1) I hope to avoid the fresh wipe and Win 10 reinstall.
    2) Reinstalling drivers did not help. I tried even old drivers for the sound.
    3) Oh yes, I have searched here and "the rest of the web!" for solutions. No luck.

I have contacted Asus here in Norway, and received a very negative answer telling that as long as the unit was delivered with Win 8,1 they had minor support when upgraded to Win 10. The told me to reinstall Win 8.1!!

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T102HA
    Liked
    1225 times
    Hi. Try this link for suggestions on a fix for your problem:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/w...0-f273c32a4ae7
    Last edited by Swipe; 11-13-2016 at 10:44 AM.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    3 times
    That didn't help. I was told that I had driver problems with the sound system, and nothing about the other problems. In addition the report said: "Windows update configured to never install drivers. Hardware changes may not be detected." Could that last statement be a clue?

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T102HA
    Liked
    1225 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Siddisen View Post
    In addition the report said: "Windows update configured to never install drivers. Hardware changes may not be detected." Could that last statement be a clue?
    Sounds like a clue to me. You may have to try step 1 2 or 3 of Janner43's suggestions. Good luck.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    3 times
    Right now I'm reinstalling Win 10 with the option 'Keep personal files and apps'. And that takes time!

Guide Guru & Forum Administrator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Chromebook
    Liked
    2825 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Siddisen View Post
    Right now I'm reinstalling Win 10 with the option 'Keep personal files and apps'. And that takes time!
    That's not the way I would have done it. You would have been better off backing up your files and then wiping the device and reinstall from scratch.

These new "helpful" settings may well be designed to be user friendly, but if you are going to use a Windows based system, learning how to format, partition and keep system images should be fundamental and learned by everyone. After all, doing a wipe and clean install with all required drivers doesn't cost anything except time. Then use Macrium Reflect free to keep a system image of that clean system. The install all your apps and get them configured and take a further system image of that system.

Using the cloud for regular backups of files etc etc is a simple enough thing to do & then fixing stuff is as easy as restoring a clean system image.

PLEASE Search for existing threads before posting a new one. Thanks.

Your opinion matters. But should you disagree - please try not to be disagreeable

Forum guide - here ~~ T100 FAQs - here ~~ Cold boot - here

Adobe Flash Player & Browser Guide here

Master Help Guide - here ~~ FAQ malware - here ~~ FAQ e-reading - here
    Mobile OS devices personal pantheon...
    ANDROID: Doogee DG310; SGS; Huawei Y300; Motoroloa Xoom 2ME; Razr; Defy Mini; CnM Touchpad II;
    Asus TF101; Lenovo A1; Samsung Tab 2 7.0
    APPLE: iPhone 4s; iPhone 5c; iPhone 6; iPhone 7; iPad 3; iPad Mini 2; iPad Air 2 64gb
    CHROMEBOOK: HP 14-Q010sa Celeron 14 Inch 4GB 16GB Chromebook - White.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    3 times
    I think you are right. The reinstall didn't work. All looked fine for many different screens, but then after a long time the screen turned black. I waited for almost an hour, en then turned the PC off and on again. Then the PC went back to the previous version with the same problems.

An other option to clean Win install, is to follow the instructions from Asus Norway and go back to Win 8.1. Here what they e-mailed to me. What about that?

Dear Asus customer,

Thank you for your e-mail.

Sorry you're experiencing problems with your Asus product after updating to Windows 10.

Asus has very limited support for Windows 10 since Windows 10 is not preinstalled by Asus.

Before the release of Windows 10, we published the following:

Not all features are available when you upgrade to Windows 10 from Windows 7 or Windows 8.1 PCs. Your system may require additional hardware, drivers, software, firmware, and / or BIOS update. Upgrade between versions may incur additional charges.

Unfortunately we do not know what this is due - if you update all the drivers that have come Windows 10 for this model ATK and Pointing Device from the support page for your Asus product (see the link at the end of this email) and that Microsoft Support has no solution then we recommend restoring the originally Asus customized Windows 8.1 and see if you experience the same thing there.

As you upgrade to Windows 10, you need to follow this guide:

https://www.asus.com/support/faq/1013001 - this guided only works if recovery partition is not damaged or deleted.

If problems are gone in originally Asus customized Windows 8.1 so there is no hardware failure and then it was something with the installation of Windows 10. If you want help with upgrading to Windows 10 again then contact Microsoft support - by phone 23 50 05 00.
    Last edited by Siddisen; 11-15-2016 at 07:15 AM.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T102HA
    Liked
    1225 times
    I would follow the advice given by Janner43 in post #2 and #8. REINSTALL Windows 10 from scratch. Good luck.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links