Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    0 times

Asus Live Update not working ? on T100TA

Hi,

I have a transformer T100TA which has been upgraded to Windows 10 (apparently without any major problems).
    However I have noticed that the Asus Live Update doesn't seem to be working. I can click on it and run the update check and it says no updates available but the log shows no updates since May 2014 which was the BIOS 304.

I have checked that is indeed my current BIOS American Megatrends T100TA.304 14/03/2014

So, my questions are:
    How do I get the Asus Live Update to start picking up new updates (or should I bother)?
    Should I update to the latest BIOS and what is the currently recommended method by you guys.
    Are there any other updates that I may be missing? - One thing I have noticed is autorotate function seems to have gone and I tried to update drivers for the Invensense sensor which seems not to be working but there were no available driver updates available.

Thanks

Starscream
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    126 times

Welcome

Quote Originally Posted by achookang View Post
    Hi,

I have a transformer T100TA which has been upgraded to Windows 10 (apparently without any major problems).......
    Welcome to the forum
    Firstly, although you have no major problems there are still some problems affecting some people including me. My Restore Points keep disappearing, I can't fix it and I have tried every 'solution' I could find. So, I strongly recommend you install imaging software and create a backup image, this might be your only way to 'restore' if problems arise. There are many image software out there for free, I use Macrium Reflect Free but search around read the reviews and decide which is best for you.
    ...However I have noticed that the Asus Live Update doesn't seem to be working. I can click on it and run the update check and it says no updates available but the log shows no updates since May 2014 which was the BIOS 304.

I have checked that is indeed my current BIOS American Megatrends T100TA.304 14/03/2014

So, my questions are:
    How do I get the Asus Live Update to start picking up new updates (or should I bother)?......
    As for the updates, I don't expect there to be any new ones, the T100 is updated for Windows 10 and so no need for further updates unless there is a Windows 11. If software updates it's drivers for some reason it will probably come through the Windows 10 update
    Best to just check back here in a regular basis, if there is any new update some member will post about it
    ....I have checked that is indeed my current BIOS American Megatrends T100TA.304 14/03/2014

So, my questions are:
    How do I get the Asus Live Update to start picking up new updates (or should I bother)?
    Should I update to the latest BIOS and what is the currently recommended method by you guys.
    Are there any other updates that I may be missing? - One thing I have noticed is autorotate function seems to have gone and I tried to update drivers for the Invensense sensor which seems not to be working but there were no available driver updates available.
    Yes, update to the latest BIOS 314 after creating a backup image.
    This might fix your auto-rotate problem, if not download and install the latest Invensense sensor driver for Windows 8.1
    Here is the method I use
    Go to your local Asus website @ ASUS
    Click on Support On some sites you must click on Service first then Support
    Enter the Model Name T100TA in the Search field and select ASUS Transformer Book T100TA
    If necessary select Drivers & Tools
    Choose your OS. Windows 8.1 32 bit or 10 32 bit. Windows 10 might only have updates for the Touchpad & ATK these are necessary but the latest Windows 8.1 updates are for Windows 10
    Click on BIOS
    Select the latest version 314
    To the right of Download from click on Global
    After downloading un-zip the file and install the update

Good luck

Edit:
    T100 model# and BIOS Guide - No discussions please
    Last edited by FrillyBits; 10-16-2016 at 10:31 PM.
    janner43 likes this.
    Asus Transformer Book T100TA - Windows 10 (1607) 32 bit - CPU Z3740 - BIOS 314 - 32GB SSD - 500GB HD - 32GB SanDisk Ultra MicroSDHC Card UHS-1 Class 10 (NTFS)
    Asus MemoPad HD 7 - Android - 16GB

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    0 times
    Thanks for the advice. I'll give it a go.

Starscream
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TAM
    Liked
    71 times
    The only thing that Live Update has ever updated is Live Update itself.
    Asus Transformer T100TAM-C1-GM, Atom Z3775, 2GB-RAM, 64GB eMMC, Win8.1-32 updated to Win10-32
    ASUSTeK Computer Inc. -Support- Drivers and Download T100TAM

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links