Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Asus_USA

Thread: tried to factory reset, failed half way through and now i can't boot into windows

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    0 times

tried to factory reset, failed half way through and now i can't boot into windows

A few days ago i decided to factory reset my asus t100ta it got about half way through the reset and then it failed for an unknown reason.

Now everytime i boot windows automatic repair tries to fix the problem and i get this error message "Automatic repair couldn't repair your PC" with the path to this log file: C:\Windows\System32\Logfiles\Srt\SrtTrail.txt

I don't really care about getting into windows i just want to either put linux or some form of android on it but with the windows 8 secure boot i don't know how and i can't get into windows to disable the secure boot.

So really my question is: What should i do now? is there anyway i can disable the secure boot without getting into windows or will i need to find a way to get back into windows first?

Guide Guru & Forum Administrator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Chromebook
    Liked
    2825 times
    Welcome to the forum

AFAIK - and I don't own a Windows machine - you can turn on the ability to boot from external media from within the BIOS. From that point you should be able to wipe the drive an install anything you like.

PLEASE Search for existing threads before posting a new one. Thanks.

Your opinion matters. But should you disagree - please try not to be disagreeable

Forum guide - here ~~ T100 FAQs - here ~~ Cold boot - here

Adobe Flash Player & Browser Guide here

Master Help Guide - here ~~ FAQ malware - here ~~ FAQ e-reading - here
    Mobile OS devices personal pantheon...
    ANDROID: Doogee DG310; SGS; Huawei Y300; Motoroloa Xoom 2ME; Razr; Defy Mini; CnM Touchpad II;
    Asus TF101; Lenovo A1; Samsung Tab 2 7.0
    APPLE: iPhone 4s; iPhone 5c; iPhone 6; iPhone 7; iPad 3; iPad Mini 2; iPad Air 2 64gb
    CHROMEBOOK: HP 14-Q010sa Celeron 14 Inch 4GB 16GB Chromebook - White.

Asus USA Social Media Team
    Member #
    Tablet
    Uncategorised
    Liked
    154 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Zatreo View Post
    A few days ago i decided to factory reset my asus t100ta it got about half way through the reset and then it failed for an unknown reason.

Now everytime i boot windows automatic repair tries to fix the problem and i get this error message "Automatic repair couldn't repair your PC" with the path to this log file: C:\Windows\System32\Logfiles\Srt\SrtTrail.txt

I don't really care about getting into windows i just want to either put linux or some form of android on it but with the windows 8 secure boot i don't know how and i can't get into windows to disable the secure boot.

So really my question is: What should i do now? is there anyway i can disable the secure boot without getting into windows or will i need to find a way to get back into windows first?
    Hi, allow us to apologize for the inconvenience that this has caused and we will be happy to assist you. You are able to Disable secure boot by doing the following:

1. Enter the BIOS setup menu by pressing and holding F2 key when powering on.
    2. Switch to "Boot" and set “Launch CSM” to Enabled.
    3. Switch to "Security" and set "Secure Boot Control" to Disabled.
    4. Press F10 to save and exit.
    5. Press and hold ESC key to lunch boot menu when the notebook restarts.
    sculptedstylus and janner43 like this.
    Asus USA is a social support channel for North American purchasers. UK users requiring warranty support should contact their retailer. For other geographic locations, please check your product documentation or the Asus website for your locality and follow the support section instructions.

Transformer Forums is a privately owned "user to user" forum and is not affiliated with ASUSTeK Computer Inc in any way.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links