Thread: T100HA - flipped front camera

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100HA
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by gilu View Post
    I am a new user of Asus t100ha with Windows 10 64x already built in. I am another person with flipped front camera. I tried all those fixes above but nothing seems to help. I searched what I could but I'm helpless. To sum up I reinstalled drivers from Asus official support site: there are CameraFilters (tried both versions), SOC package (tried it). FAQ on Asus site seems to be useless. I dont have any options with Unicam availible in Skype. I also tried installing older drivers via Action menu in Device Manager. What else can i do?
    Quote Originally Posted by ASUSFAN0001 View Post
    While I'm not directly familiar with the T100HA model...if the driver installs haven't resolved the problem...I'd recommend you return/exchange the unit.
    Quote Originally Posted by AIguy View Post
    The FAQ on the ASUS site fixed the problem for me with respect to the "personal" version of Skype, but not for Skype for Business. Also, we use a video conferencing system at work from Bluejeans.com and on that, in the settings page the ASUS T100HAN Camera option does show up, and it is then possible to select the front camera "UNICAM Front" but the image is still upside down. So it seems that there are some ad hoc fixes for specific software systems for this problem, but more work is required to come up with a general solution.
    Hi, I'd like to refer to the three messages I quoted above. I had the same problem of upside down camera in various video applications (skype or Google Hangouts) when I bought my T100HA laptop. It was sent back to Asus for repairing but after a month and half of waiting I was informed that it couldn't be repaired and that I would receive and brand new T100HA...

So now I am with a brand new laptop and... SURPRISE! I still have the same issues... Note that with the windows camera app, the front camera is working well. I tried some fixes, installed new drivers and finally found this post : https://www.asus.com/support/faq/1015069

It helped me fixing the skype issue but as AIguy said previously there still is an issue with other video applications. In Google Hangouts parameters for example, I can select the "ASUS T100HAN Camera" but it's not working and I have a black screen, while when I select the "UNICAM FRONT" the image is still flipped upside down...

To conclude, i don't think there is much use in returning and exchanging the unit. But what I would like to know is if there was a general fix for all various video application (which could be useful for every T100HA user)?

If not could you please help me finding a solution for using the front camera with Google Hangouts?

*Rescue Squad*
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    911 times
    Quote Originally Posted by IdrisL View Post
    Hi, I'd like to refer to the three messages I quoted above. I had the same problem of upside down camera in various video applications (skype or Google Hangouts) when I bought my T100HA laptop. It was sent back to Asus for repairing but after a month and half of waiting I was informed that it couldn't be repaired and that I would receive and brand new T100HA...

So now I am with a brand new laptop and... SURPRISE! I still have the same issues... Note that with the windows camera app, the front camera is working well. I tried some fixes, installed new drivers and finally found this post : https://www.asus.com/support/faq/1015069

It helped me fixing the skype issue but as AIguy said previously there still is an issue with other video applications. In Google Hangouts parameters for example, I can select the "ASUS T100HAN Camera" but it's not working and I have a black screen, while when I select the "UNICAM FRONT" the image is still flipped upside down...

To conclude, i don't think there is much use in returning and exchanging the unit. But what I would like to know is if there was a general fix for all various video application (which could be useful for every T100HA user)?

If not could you please help me finding a solution for using the front camera with Google Hangouts?
    Yours is actually a great post.

It seems to point to the fact that the drivers for the camera must be the key...and apparently are not "mature" in terms of support the most common applications (including Hangouts).

Agree that returning these units will do little based on your information. That would likely only leave waiting for a driver update as the alternative.
    OWNER OF ASUS 64GB T100TA w/128GB microSD, and now running Windows 10

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100HA
    Liked
    0 times
    I have the same problem with my t100ha the front camera is upside down and i always lost the communication with the mouse pad. I have do a clean install of Windows 10 x64 but i have the same trouble. i will not paid to return it i will lost my money, the after sale service is very poor from asus. Sorry for my English i'm speak french..

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100HA
    Liked
    0 times
    Skype recognizes my AsusT100HA webcamera (the other 2 are flipped), Skype for Business 2016/Windows 10 does not. I've tried new drivers and all other fixes mentioned on this forum and online. Windows 10 doesn't have the option to flip the video and other software makes no effect on Skype for business. Can't wait for a solution.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    Uncategorised
    Liked
    0 times
    Hi,

install the virtual camera driver from the t100HA camera filter package and select the virtual camera in skype will fix the upside down issue for the t100ha.

CU
    9000h

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100HA
    Liked
    0 times
    I am from the Polish, Translated by the translator - I'm sorry.
    I also had a problem with the camera turned on Skype.
    Now everything works.
    I did so:

1. Uninstall the driver (manager adjoining equipment: 1. An apparatus for imaging: AVStream Camera 2. Equipment systems caused by 2 drivers Camera sensor.
    Warning - do not restart the computer
    uninstall.PNG

2. Install new drivers chipset ASUS Transformer Book T100HA | 2w1 | ASUS Polska
    Note - in my setup does not work because I installed the drivers from the file * .inf (km2051, iacamera64, iaisp64, oc5670 - open individual directories, then click on the ppm * .inf file and install)
    Warning - do not restart the computer

3. Start setup with Camera Filter (ASUS Transformer Book T100HA | 2w1 | ASUS Polska - download Camera).
    Then select uninstall (Note - do not restart the computer) - close
    Once again install (setup) - close and restart the computer.

4. Enter Camera and select a camera ASUS T100HA Camera - as in the picture
    Camera OK.PNG
    That's it .

Regards
    juros

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    14 times
    I updated to latest BIOS 221 (T100HAN) http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/nb/...0HAN-AS221.zip

Then I reset/reinstall my Windows from Recovery.

Once Windows is up and running, the camera works as it should be. No flip camera in Skype.
    Cube iWork 10 Flagship/Ultimate
    Asus TF Book T100HA (sold) - Asus TF Book T100TA(RIP)
    Samsung ATIV Pro - Asus Zenbook UX32VD
    Asus A42JA
    PIPO X8 - PIPO X7S
    Ainol Mini PC - Onda V919 3G Air Dual OS 64GB

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    Please select one
    Liked
    0 times
    I got ASUS Transformer Book T100HA with Windows 10, and the front-facing webcam image is upside down in Skype and Hangouts, while it's correct in Windows Camera app. Opened a ticket with Asus support, first they told me to reinstall chipset drivers, then recover the whole system. Did that, but that did not help. (And I also tried whatever solutions were suggested in this thread). Sent the device to Asus Repair Center. Got it back today. There was an image on the desktop apparently demonstrating that the webcam works correctly in Windows Camera app, but still upside down in Skype and Hangouts. So it looks like Asus service did not do anything at all. This is just atrocious on the part of Asus.

*Rescue Squad*
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    233 times
    I don't use either app but since it works correctly in the ASUS camera app, is there something in the 2 apps that allows you flip the camera.
    janner43 likes this.
    Help shortcuts

For TF101 http://www.transformerforums.com/for...tml#post177499
    For T100 http://www.transformerforums.com/for...tml#post344339

My stuff!

ASUS T100 64GB
    TF101 32 GB + Dock was mine now my wife's
    Nokia 635 win 8.1
    ASUS MB Z97-A with I5 CPU (mine home brew PC)
    HP Desktop (wife's)
    Retired: My week is six Saturdays and one Sunday!

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    Please select one
    Liked
    0 times
    I would not have bothered with reinstalling operating system and sending device to service center if this could be fixed by changing settings from inside the apps.
    Quote Originally Posted by helpifIcan View Post
    I don't use either app but since it works correctly in the ASUS camera app, is there something in the 2 apps that allows you flip the camera.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links