Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Newcomer with multiple problems and questions - Office 365, EasyFlash, WinFlash, BIOS

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T102HA
    Liked
    2 times

Newcomer with multiple problems and questions - Office 365, EasyFlash, WinFlash, BIOS

Bought my T100TAF on Thursday last, and since have spent an inordinate amount of time trying to redeem my free year's subscription to Office 365 that came with the machine.
    After several hours spent with MS techs remoting into the machine, they have come to the opinion that the Product Key needs to be activated by Asus for my use first, before I can redeem it from MS.

Never seen this before - does anyone have any experience of this and how do I go about it?

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T102HA
    Liked
    2 times

Issues in trying to upgrade BIOS

Upgraded to Windows 10 perfectly oK.
    Now need to update BIOS to use Windows 10 Continuum.
    1. Can't run installed Winflash - path not valid.
    2. Downloaded newest version of Winflash - can't install it because there's another version installed - can't uninstall prior version as "the feature that you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable"

How do I run winflash to upgrade the BIOS? (BTW, NO instructions on how to upgrade contained in the BIOS download - FAIL ASUS.....)

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T102HA
    Liked
    2 times
    OK - downloaded file, extracted it, launched Easy Flash, selecting the file, press enter nothing happens.
    How to I actually flash the BIOS?

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T102HA
    Liked
    2 times

Easy Flash Utility doesn't see flash file

Downloaded the latest BIOS update (314, currently on 207) extracted to a FAT32 USB with nothing on and freshly formatted, gone to BIOS, executed Easy Flash Utility - the utility sees the USB drive, but it doesn't see the BIOS update file!

Am I missing something here or is there something wrong?

I have to say I'm getting EXTREMELY frustrated here with BIOS not updating, Office not installing etc etc.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T102HA
    Liked
    2 times
    I also have problems in that I can't run Winflash!
    It gives me an error of "The file you are trying to access is on an inaccessible Network drive"

Update

Restored to Windows 8.1, which replaced the Recovery Partition that the Win 10 install took away and was able to use Winflash to upgrade the BIOS.
    However, that is a worry if there are BIOS updates available after Win 10 installed - how do you update then?
    Last edited by Gordonbp; 10-27-2015 at 09:20 AM. Reason: Additional info

Guide Guru & Forum Administrator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Chromebook
    Liked
    2826 times
    Hello Gordon & welcome to the forum

I am going to cut you some slack here as a newcomer to the forum. However, please review our forum rules.
    I have merged three of your single threads into this one and given your thread a different title. I have also moved another post from the new BIOS thread.

Please restrict your posts on your new device challenges to this one thread as all your issues will be related.

We have various FAQs for new users & multiple guide threads about all the issues you raise and you'll be well advised to study them before taking any nuclear options.

PLEASE Search for existing threads before posting a new one. Thanks.

Your opinion matters. But should you disagree - please try not to be disagreeable

Forum guide - here ~~ T100 FAQs - here ~~ Cold boot - here

Adobe Flash Player & Browser Guide here

Master Help Guide - here ~~ FAQ malware - here ~~ FAQ e-reading - here
    Mobile OS devices personal pantheon...
    ANDROID: Doogee DG310; SGS; Huawei Y300; Motoroloa Xoom 2ME; Razr; Defy Mini; CnM Touchpad II;
    Asus TF101; Lenovo A1; Samsung Tab 2 7.0
    APPLE: iPhone 4s; iPhone 5c; iPhone 6; iPhone 7; iPad 3; iPad Mini 2; iPad Air 2 64gb
    CHROMEBOOK: HP 14-Q010sa Celeron 14 Inch 4GB 16GB Chromebook - White.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T102HA
    Liked
    2 times
    Hi Janner43,
    Thanks for the comments.
    I may be a newbie on this forum, but I am certainly not a newbie in performing the operations I am trying to do.
    I have upgraded BIOS on quite a few different makes of computer successfully and easily.
    I found instructions (if indeed there are any) extraordinary difficult to find on this site even with several different search parameters.. I found plenty of answers for problems, but no explicit instruction on how to (for example) run WinFlash. I found the install file entirely by accident, hidden deep within the eSupport folder in the root of C. Now who on earth would look there for a BIOS flash utility? Even the video on the Asus web site just showed the setup file being clicked - it didn't tell you WHERE this file is located!
    Maybe there's a place for some simple tutorials here on precisely things like how to run Winflash, and how exactly to flash the BIOS. I would be happy to contribute to such tutorials...

Guide Guru & Forum Administrator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Chromebook
    Liked
    2826 times
    If you visit the T100 FAQs link in my signature, you will find a wealth of guide threads. Including flashing the BIOS, a foolproof way to move to W10 and an entire Master Help Thread that covers almost every subject known to affect the T100...

PLEASE Search for existing threads before posting a new one. Thanks.

Your opinion matters. But should you disagree - please try not to be disagreeable

Forum guide - here ~~ T100 FAQs - here ~~ Cold boot - here

Adobe Flash Player & Browser Guide here

Master Help Guide - here ~~ FAQ malware - here ~~ FAQ e-reading - here
    Mobile OS devices personal pantheon...
    ANDROID: Doogee DG310; SGS; Huawei Y300; Motoroloa Xoom 2ME; Razr; Defy Mini; CnM Touchpad II;
    Asus TF101; Lenovo A1; Samsung Tab 2 7.0
    APPLE: iPhone 4s; iPhone 5c; iPhone 6; iPhone 7; iPad 3; iPad Mini 2; iPad Air 2 64gb
    CHROMEBOOK: HP 14-Q010sa Celeron 14 Inch 4GB 16GB Chromebook - White.

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    419 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Gordonbp View Post
    Hi Janner43,
    Maybe there's a place for some simple tutorials here on precisely things like how to run Winflash, and how exactly to flash the BIOS. I would be happy to contribute to such tutorials...
    Did you find this tutorial thread?

T100 model# and BIOS Guide - No discussions please
    Rick, loving my T100TA-C1-GR Z3740 64GB Win 10
    BIOS 314. All Windows updates except Bing. All Asus Live Updates. WIFI driver 5.93.99.210
    I get 8-12 hrs use per charge using SLEEP mode. Warning, NEVER calibrate the touchscreen.
    When posting for help, please include Your Model Particulars
    Casters T100 Master Help Guide

Starscream
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    103 times
    Although I haven't had any significant problems with Win 10, I haven't really been challenging it. I haven't tried to update my bios yet in Win 10 as I am frankly a bit scared at the moment. Win 10 is a little fragile right now and you have to expect issues after updating. It is frustrating sometimes to be an early adopter. I thought I lost Cortana after the last update Tuesday as it broke and I had to set it up again. That uninstall error re: network resource unavailable is due to a MS installer issue associated with large OS updates like service packs. I would also expect your Office activation issue to be related to the update. Wait til the Threshold 2 update hits next month and give it another chance. I know it's not fun when a new device misbehaves but stick around as there is a lot of info here on the T100 and users willing to help out.
    Last edited by fiat_lux; 10-27-2015 at 05:38 PM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links