Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: My T100TAF is dead, please help!

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book 100TAF
    Liked
    0 times

My T100TAF is dead, please help!

I have the T100ta. Its about 5 months old.

I upgraded to Windows 10 when it came out. This morning I decided to do a factory reset on the tablet because I want to sell it.

The reset was working away, it was at 66% done. I went across the and when I came back an hour later the tablet was off.

It will not power on. I have tried all of the suggestions in the tread. I even called Asus who also had my try all the suggestions in the thread. Asus tech support suggested I send the device in for repair. I have no idea how a simple Windows reset can be causing me so much grief.

When I press the power button the led next to the power button blinks rapidly about 8 times (white)

When I plug the tablet in the led is solid white. The battery was full when I began the reset and as far as I can tell it still is.

I can not get anything out of the screen...nothing. No logo, no white light on the front of the tablet nothing.

The support guy at Asus actually asked my for my Microsoft account password for when they get it going again!

I am really not comfortable sending this into Asus for repair with all my personal data on it.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Starscream
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    103 times
    What happens when you press the power button for 30 sec or so?

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book 100TAF
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by fiat_lux View Post
    What happens when you press the power button for 30 sec or so?
    Nothing at all happens.

Guide Guru & Forum Administrator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Chromebook
    Liked
    2827 times
    Sounds like a hardware fail to me - your choices are pretty stark.
    Bin the device to protect your data or send it to Asus and trust their integrity.

PLEASE Search for existing threads before posting a new one. Thanks.

Your opinion matters. But should you disagree - please try not to be disagreeable

Forum guide - here ~~ T100 FAQs - here ~~ Cold boot - here

Adobe Flash Player & Browser Guide here

Master Help Guide - here ~~ FAQ malware - here ~~ FAQ e-reading - here
    Mobile OS devices personal pantheon...
    ANDROID: Doogee DG310; SGS; Huawei Y300; Motoroloa Xoom 2ME; Razr; Defy Mini; CnM Touchpad II;
    Asus TF101; Lenovo A1; Samsung Tab 2 7.0
    APPLE: iPhone 4s; iPhone 5c; iPhone 6; iPhone 7; iPad 3; iPad Mini 2; iPad Air 2 64gb
    CHROMEBOOK: HP 14-Q010sa Celeron 14 Inch 4GB 16GB Chromebook - White.

Starscream
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    103 times
    If there is no sign of life and you can't get it to try to boot, there is really nothing left but to send it to Asus. I think you would be very lucky if they can get it going without data loss. But you must have everything you need off it anyway if you were going to sell it. I guess I would tell them if they can get it to the login page, just send it back and you will take the risk, especially if it was a power supply hardware failure.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book 100TAF
    Liked
    0 times
    Thank you to everyone that responded.

This is a very disappointing issue to deal with. The tablet was relatively inexpensive, so I think I would rather bin it than trust Asus with my data.

I'm just so surprised that a simple Windows reset (which I've done many many times before) has rendered this tablet useless.

I should also mention that Asus expected me to pay for the repair. The tablet is roughly 6 months old, but I purchased it while on a business trip in the US and I live in Canada, so they told me my warranty was only valid in the US.

This was my first (and definitely my last) Asus product. I guess I should be glad its a $280 tablet and not a $1200 laptop.....
    Last edited by gtp20; 08-31-2015 at 12:42 PM.

Starscream
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    103 times
    What happens if you press the power button and Vol + buttons together? It's not exactly what you are experiencing but can't hurt.
    Updated, now freezes on boot up. What do I do?

Asus USA Social Media Team
    Member #
    Tablet
    Uncategorised
    Liked
    154 times
    Quote Originally Posted by gtp20 View Post
    I have the T100ta. Its about 5 months old.

I upgraded to Windows 10 when it came out. This morning I decided to do a factory reset on the tablet because I want to sell it.

The reset was working away, it was at 66% done. I went across the and when I came back an hour later the tablet was off.

It will not power on. I have tried all of the suggestions in the tread. I even called Asus who also had my try all the suggestions in the thread. Asus tech support suggested I send the device in for repair. I have no idea how a simple Windows reset can be causing me so much grief.

When I press the power button the led next to the power button blinks rapidly about 8 times (white)

When I plug the tablet in the led is solid white. The battery was full when I began the reset and as far as I can tell it still is.

I can not get anything out of the screen...nothing. No logo, no white light on the front of the tablet nothing.

The support guy at Asus actually asked my for my Microsoft account password for when they get it going again!

I am really not comfortable sending this into Asus for repair with all my personal data on it.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.
    Hello gtp20 we are sorry to hear of this issue with your T100 notebook. I would like for us to get more in depth but first may I ask if the notebook was plugged in while performing the system reset?
    rickscheller likes this.
    Asus USA is a social support channel for North American purchasers. UK users requiring warranty support should contact their retailer. For other geographic locations, please check your product documentation or the Asus website for your locality and follow the support section instructions.

Transformer Forums is a privately owned "user to user" forum and is not affiliated with ASUSTeK Computer Inc in any way.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book 100TAF
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Asus_USA View Post
    Hello gtp20 we are sorry to hear of this issue with your T100 notebook. I would like for us to get more in depth but first may I ask if the notebook was plugged in while performing the system reset?
    Yes the tablet was plugged in while performing the reset.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    0 times
    Hi. I'm facing the exact same problem. I tried to update from windows 8.1 to windows 10 yesterday. After updating and installing every driver, I restarted.
    Tablet turned on once and showed a BSoD(didn't note the error code, sorry). After that it never booted again. The charger was plugged in the whole time and the battery was also 100%.
    I've tried all the key/button combinations but so far I've nothing positive to report. Some other forum also reported similar problem and taking out battery connector, pressing power button and putting the battery connector back in helped many(you have to open your tablet for that). That also didn't work for me.
    I've called Asus today but they weren't helpful either. They recommend that I RMA it. It's no longer in warranty and I don't know how I feel about spending 100-150€ on a 300€-1.5-year-old Tablet.
    I'm literally . I'm working with computers for 15+ years and this is the most frustrating experience so far.

EDIT: Sorry that I'm not able to help.
    Last edited by Great88D; 09-03-2015 at 11:05 AM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links