Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    0 times

Some keys on keyboard not working [ASUS T100]

I'm typing this using the on-screen keyboard right now. Anyway I encountered this problem three days ago, the keys T,E,P,L,;,(," and the caps lock key do not work. I kept turning the tablet on and off, did the filter keys fix, none worked. I shut it down and went to sleep, then it worked fine again the next morning.

Now the problem is back, same keys not working. It doesn't fix even after leaving it off for a day. Please help me solve this issue. I didn't let Windows make an update, the last one was still in March... Thank you in advance.

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    416 times
    Welcome reecema...

Are you at the latest BIOS for your model? Are you up to date on the keyboard driver for your model?

Beyond that you likely have a dock connection issue.
    Rick, loving my T100TA-C1-GR Z3740 64GB Win 10
    BIOS 314. All Windows updates except Bing. All Asus Live Updates. WIFI driver 5.93.99.210
    I get 8-12 hrs use per charge using SLEEP mode. Warning, NEVER calibrate the touchscreen.
    When posting for help, please include Your Model Particulars
    Casters T100 Master Help Guide

Asus USA Social Media Team
    Member #
    Tablet
    Uncategorised
    Liked
    154 times
    Quote Originally Posted by reecema View Post
    I'm typing this using the on-screen keyboard right now. Anyway I encountered this problem three days ago, the keys T,E,P,L,;,(," and the caps lock key do not work. I kept turning the tablet on and off, did the filter keys fix, none worked. I shut it down and went to sleep, then it worked fine again the next morning.

Now the problem is back, same keys not working. It doesn't fix even after leaving it off for a day. Please help me solve this issue. I didn't let Windows make an update, the last one was still in March... Thank you in advance.

Hi Reecema, we are sorry to hear about the issue you are experiencing with some keys on your keyboard. We will be doing our best to have this resolved. Have you checked to see if there is an update for your bios? If not, you are able to do so here: ASUSTeK Computer Inc. -Support-. If your bios is up to date, send an email to socialsupportus@asus.com with your serial number and location attached for further assistance.

If you have any further questions, comments, or concerns please do not hesitate to let us know. You may reference this case number (N150887433) on your next contact. We will be more than happy to assist you. Once again, thank you for choosing ASUS products and services.

Thank you,

-In Search of Incredible-

Technical Support Department
    ASUS USA :: ASUSTeK Computer Inc. -Support-
    Asus USA is a social support channel for North American purchasers. UK users requiring warranty support should contact their retailer. For other geographic locations, please check your product documentation or the Asus website for your locality and follow the support section instructions.

Transformer Forums is a privately owned "user to user" forum and is not affiliated with ASUSTeK Computer Inc in any way.

rkk
    Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    None
    Liked
    0 times
    I have same problem from 1,5 week. I got some observations - when I plug in other, external keyboard via USB placed in dock the problem was repeated but during writing on that external keyboard, other keys don't work (when i write on standard, dock keyboard "r". "Caps Lock" etc. don't work, and on external keyboard "i". "enter" etc.).

But when I plug in external keyboard via micro USB placed on tablet all keys work perfectly. So I suppose it could be hardware problem but not software (connection of dock and tablet).

I have my ASUS T100 from 2,5 year and during that time it was at least 2 times repaired during warranty, because of hardware failures, so I suppose in this time it could be also some other hardware problem.

I had ASUS Eee PC 1215 earlier, it was great (I still use it as backup computer) and because of that i bought T100. But now my T100 had 3 serious failures during 2,5 year. If I'm right and this won't be software problem, I will buy new computer (even if I will pay for repair this time, I afraid that soon something else will spoil and soon repair costs will exceed the value of the equipment) but this time it certainly would not be ASUS.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links