Thread: Asus Miracast dongle - Windows 10 problem

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    1 times

Asus Miracast dongle - Windows 10 problem

I got my T100TA with Windows 8.1 installed on it. Then I got an Asus Miracast dongle, installed it, and it worked fine with my Vizio HDTV. Then, I updated my OS to Windows 10 home. Now, the miracast connects, but the TV screen is black, with the exception on the mouse pointer, which shows up fine. I updated the dongle firmware, but no help. Also, even though the dongle connects, after a few minutes it drops the connection, and I have to tell it to reconnect.
    I guess my main question is this: is Windows 10 home compatible with the Asus Miracast Dongle? If yes, can anyone tell me what to try next? I submitted the problem to Asus support, but they only acknowledged that they had received the information, and opened a trouble ticket, never did hear back from them. When I went back in to inquire about the status, they replied with this:
    Dear Valued Customer,

I'll feedback this to the related department to help you solve the problem.

Then they included a feedback form to see how satisfied I was with the solution. So much for getting any help there.
    If anyone has solved this problem, I would appreciate any help.

Edit: Solved...thanks.
    Last edited by cliff42; 08-18-2015 at 02:37 PM.

Starscream
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    103 times
    Have you tried to reboot your router, on/off your TV, and reboot the T100? Sounds like it is close but internet/network connection is not quite up to par. Does your TV have any firmware updates?

mde
    Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by cliff42 View Post
    I got my T100TA with Windows 8.1 installed on it. Then I got an Asus Miracast dongle, installed it, and it worked fine with my Vizio HDTV. Then, I updated my OS to Windows 10 home. Now, the miracast connects, but the TV screen is black, with the exception on the mouse pointer, which shows up fine. I updated the dongle firmware, but no help. Also, even though the dongle connects, after a few minutes it drops the connection, and I have to tell it to reconnect.
    I guess my main question is this: is Windows 10 home compatible with the Asus Miracast Dongle? If yes, can anyone tell me what to try next? I submitted the problem to Asus support, but they only acknowledged that they had received the information, and opened a trouble ticket, never did hear back from them. When I went back in to inquire about the status, they replied with this:
    Dear Valued Customer,

I'll feedback this to the related department to help you solve the problem.

Then they included a feedback form to see how satisfied I was with the solution. So much for getting any help there.
    If anyone has solved this problem, I would appreciate any help.
    I had the same trouble with Netgear PTV3000. Working fine with win 8.1, not working after upgrade to win.10. Solved by downloading Intel driver update software found in Intel support site. The programm scanned my T100-TA and found an upgrade of Intel-HD driver available, for win 10. After the intel driver update my Netgear PTV3000 works fine . So it was a win 10 compatibility issue , now solved. Hope it will help you too.
    rickscheller likes this.

Starscream
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    103 times
    Quote Originally Posted by mde View Post
    I had the same trouble with Netgear PTV3000. Working fine with win 8.1, not working after upgrade to win.10. Solved by downloading Intel driver update software found in Intel support site. The programm scanned my T100-TA and found an upgrade of Intel-HD driver available, for win 10. After the intel driver update my Netgear PTV3000 works fine . So it was a win 10 compatibility issue , now solved. Hope it will help you too.
    The Netgear does WiDi (and also Miracast), which is Intel's version of Miracast. I believe Miracast is the standard but there are other manufacturer versions as well. They are a little different from my experience, e.g. WiDi will stream Netflix but Miracast will not (due to DRM reasons). The Intel drivers may or may not help the OP unless the Asus dongle supports WiDi as well as Miracast. Can't hurt to see if the Intel upgrade tool will work, though.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    1 times
    Thanks for the suggestions. I downloaded the Intel driver update utility and ran it. It found an update for the video, which I downloaded and installed. That seems to have solved the problem, so far. I'll keep checking with Asus to see if they get an update for the dongle.

Starscream
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    103 times
    Looks like the Asus does support WiDi:
    ASUS Miracast Dongle | Phone Accessory | ASUS Global

Can I ask what driver version it installed? My T100TA worked fine after the Win 10 upgrade with my PTV2000 (WiDi) and Roku Stick (Miracast).

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by fiat_lux View Post
    Looks like the Asus does support WiDi:
    ASUS Miracast Dongle | Phone Accessory | ASUS Global

Can I ask what driver version it installed? My T100TA worked fine after the Win 10 upgrade with my PTV2000 (WiDi) and Roku Stick (Miracast).
    It installed this one:

Release Version: Production Version
    Driver Version: 15.33.38.4252

Package:
    Intel(R) Graphics Driver: 10.18.10.4252
    Intel(R) Display Audio Driver: 6.16.0.3154

Operating System(s):
    Microsoft Windows* 7
    Microsoft Windows* 8
    Microsoft Windows* 8.1
    Microsoft Windows* 10 (compatibility mode)

3rd Generation Intel(R) Core(TM) Processor family
    Valleyview

Release Date: July 29, 2015
    fiat_lux likes this.

Starscream
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    103 times
    Quote Originally Posted by cliff42 View Post
    It installed this one:

Release Version: Production Version
    Driver Version: 15.33.38.4252

Package:
    Intel(R) Graphics Driver: 10.18.10.4252
    Intel(R) Display Audio Driver: 6.16.0.3154

Operating System(s):
    Microsoft Windows* 7
    Microsoft Windows* 8
    Microsoft Windows* 8.1
    Microsoft Windows* 10 (compatibility mode)

3rd Generation Intel(R) Core(TM) Processor family
    Valleyview

Release Date: July 29, 2015
    Thanks. I'll have to compare to what the update loaded for me when I get home. Then I'll update this post. Kinda strange that drivers for ValleyView work for Bay Trail processors.

Update: Yeah, those are the ones I have installed but my upgrade installed them for me. I didn't have to do anything special. My driver date was 7/10/15 but Intel must have had to give them Microsoft early.
    Last edited by fiat_lux; 08-19-2015 at 04:33 PM.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    0 times

Question

Quite dated to jump on this thread but here goes - I have t100ta I have been running win 10 for about a year,runs decent - Thinking about purchasing the Asus Miracast Wireless Display Dongle to cast to Mircast capable LG TV - can anyone confirm that this will work before I purchase. Many Thanks to all

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links