Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    0 times

Power management bug

hi friends,

i purchased for my company 10 tablets Asus T100TAL. i had to send 2 of my asus tablets to service because they won t started after were plugged in. i have to mention that the tablets were 100% uncharged.

now, i set on all my tablets the following power options :

- critical battery action : Hibenate
    - low battery level : 15%
    - critical battery level : 10%
    - reserve battery level : 6%

when the battery reach 10% the tablets enter in hibernate. what i expected is to never power on, unless i put the cable to charge the tablet.
    but the tablet is starting with the cable unplugged, and the baterry is going down. in my opinion this is a bug.

any opinions ?

Starscream
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    126 times

Welcome

Welcome to the forum

Not a bug, that is the way Hibernate has always worked for me
    From Hibernate the computer will always turn on as long as the battery has enough charge, 10% is more than enough so the power cable does not need to be connected.

As a side issue, looking at your settings I think you should make a change.
    The default settings are:
    - low battery level : 10%
    - critical battery level : 5%
    - reserve battery level : 7%

As you can see the Reserve level is higher than the Critical so I suggest you change your settings to match that. For example if you want the T100 to Hibernate at 10% then:
    - reserve battery level : 13%
    Asus Transformer Book T100TA - Windows 10 (1607) 32 bit - CPU Z3740 - BIOS 314 - 32GB SSD - 500GB HD - 32GB SanDisk Ultra MicroSDHC Card UHS-1 Class 10 (NTFS)
    Asus MemoPad HD 7 - Android - 16GB

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by FrillyBits View Post
    Welcome to the forum

Not a bug, that is the way Hibernate has always worked for me
    From Hibernate the computer will always turn on as long as the battery has enough charge, 10% is more than enough so the power cable does not need to be connected.

As a side issue, looking at your settings I think you should make a change.
    The default settings are:
    - low battery level : 10%
    - critical battery level : 5%
    - reserve battery level : 7%

As you can see the Reserve level is higher than the Critical so I suggest you change your settings to match that. For example if you want the T100 to Hibernate at 10% then:
    - reserve battery level : 13%

hi, thank for your answer :

2 questions / problems :

1. whats the difference between critically and reserved ?
    2. i want to set the tablet that after it reaches the percent to hibernate to never power on again unless i plug the power cable, or if it power again to power off after the critically level message is displayed . can i do that ?

thanks again

Starscream
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    126 times
    Quote Originally Posted by cavalu View Post
    .....1. whats the difference between critically and reserved ?.....
    Reserve is just a pop-up notification suggesting you plug into power or save your work. There is no option to Hibernate or Shut Down at Reserve level
    Critical is when the T100 will Hibernate or Shut Down depending on the option you chose
    ....2. i want to set the tablet that after it reaches the percent to hibernate to never power on again unless i plug the power cable...
    I don't use Hibernate on my T100 I Shut Down so I can't test but from my experience in the past the computer should not 'wake' from Hibernate unless you push a button
    What is causing your T100 to power on when it is Hibernating, is it software like an alarm?
    .....or if it power again to power off after the critically level message is displayed . can i do that ?.....
    There is no "critical level message" the T100 will just Hibernate or Shut Down depending on the option you chose. There is only a warning message at Low and Reserve levels
    What do you mean by "power off"?
    If you mean go back into Hibernate then it should do that if the battery level is at the Critical level or below
    If you actually mean Shut Down then why not set that as the option for Critical battery action, is it because you want to save the state rather than close everything?
    Last edited by FrillyBits; 07-30-2015 at 03:34 AM. Reason: Clarification
    Asus Transformer Book T100TA - Windows 10 (1607) 32 bit - CPU Z3740 - BIOS 314 - 32GB SSD - 500GB HD - 32GB SanDisk Ultra MicroSDHC Card UHS-1 Class 10 (NTFS)

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by FrillyBits View Post
    What is causing your T100 to power on when it is Hibernating, is it software like an alarm?
    the tablet is not coming automatically from hibernate, i press the power button.
    but what i expect is to never power on again, even if i press the power button, unless i put the power cable

my problem is that, after the tablet enters in hibernate (for example at 10%), i press the power button , it powers on, it stays on and the battery is going down, and it never power off again.

Starscream
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    126 times
    the tablet is not coming automatically from hibernate, i press the power button.
    but what i expect is to never power on again, even if i press the power button, unless i put the power cable...
    I don't think that's possible unless there is some 3rd party software that will allow you to set that option
    ....my problem is that, after the tablet enters in hibernate (for example at 10%), i press the power button , it powers on, it stays on and the battery is going down, and it never power off again.
    I don't know why it is staying on, I'm sure it shouldn't. You do have it set to Sleep after a certain time (not Never) don't you?
    Just for kicks you could try something like this
    - reserve battery level : 10% To give you a warning
    - low battery level : 7% Set to Hibernate
    - critical battery level : 5% Set to Hibernate

So you would get a warning at 10% then the T100 would Hibernate at 7% and check to see if it turns back off again. Even if it doesn't it will Hibernate again at 5%

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links