Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Can I disable some touchscreen gestures?

Guide Guru & Forum Administrator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Chromebook
    Liked
    2826 times
    Quote Originally Posted by MarjaE View Post
    Thanks. I already tried an iPad. I wasn't able to get the accessibility fixes I need, or the working file system I also need. Unfortunately, the local Apple Store is in a very loud, crowded, brightly-lit mall, and isn't someplace I can handle for long. I think some of these problems may be specific to the configuration of Windows, because people did suggest partial fixes that might have worked, if I had the same set of control panel settings that they did.
    Not wishing to be arguementative, but the accesibility controls on iOS are the best there is in my knowledge. To be honest I strongly doubt your needs are beyond its configuration.

When it comes to a working file system, all you need to do is think differently about the way you handle files and use the app FileBrowser. It handles all file formats that iOS can understand & also links to all other apps & services. It will access NAS devices, shares on other PCs or Macs & all the Cloud services I have ever heard of. Keep all your files organised within it & off you go with a fully functional file system, access to all filetypes and apps & network / cloud services.

As far as the Apple Store is concerned, I think if you telephone Apple & ask for their support I would hope they would offer you a solution.

I'm no salesman for Apple mind you. But I use Apple, Android, Linux & ChromeOS pretty extensively & I fell pretty confidant that iOS can be configured for your needs via a custom configuration of touch controls, voice controls and sensitivity settings.

Hope you find a solution in due course, but as far as Kindle devices go, I think they are all touch screens now, but you may well find one of the original devices with the D button controls if you look online hard enough.

PLEASE Search for existing threads before posting a new one. Thanks.

Your opinion matters. But should you disagree - please try not to be disagreeable

Forum guide - here ~~ T100 FAQs - here ~~ Cold boot - here

Adobe Flash Player & Browser Guide here

Master Help Guide - here ~~ FAQ malware - here ~~ FAQ e-reading - here
    Mobile OS devices personal pantheon...
    ANDROID: Doogee DG310; SGS; Huawei Y300; Motoroloa Xoom 2ME; Razr; Defy Mini; CnM Touchpad II;
    Asus TF101; Lenovo A1; Samsung Tab 2 7.0
    APPLE: iPhone 4s; iPhone 5c; iPhone 6; iPhone 7; iPad 3; iPad Mini 2; iPad Air 2 64gb
    CHROMEBOOK: HP 14-Q010sa Celeron 14 Inch 4GB 16GB Chromebook - White.

Guide Guru & Forum Administrator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Chromebook
    Liked
    2826 times
    Just checked on eBay & there are quite a lot of choices of the original Kindle without the touch screen - that's certainly an option.

PLEASE Search for existing threads before posting a new one. Thanks.

Your opinion matters. But should you disagree - please try not to be disagreeable

Forum guide - here ~~ T100 FAQs - here ~~ Cold boot - here

Adobe Flash Player & Browser Guide here

Master Help Guide - here ~~ FAQ malware - here ~~ FAQ e-reading - here
    Mobile OS devices personal pantheon...
    ANDROID: Doogee DG310; SGS; Huawei Y300; Motoroloa Xoom 2ME; Razr; Defy Mini; CnM Touchpad II;
    Asus TF101; Lenovo A1; Samsung Tab 2 7.0
    APPLE: iPhone 4s; iPhone 5c; iPhone 6; iPhone 7; iPad 3; iPad Mini 2; iPad Air 2 64gb
    CHROMEBOOK: HP 14-Q010sa Celeron 14 Inch 4GB 16GB Chromebook - White.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book 100TAF
    Liked
    0 times
    And apparently some Android devices have built-in buttons and joystcks or wraparound devices with buttons and joysticks for games. I don't know whether those work for navigating between apps, organizing files, and reading, but it might help with my problems.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    0 times

Starscream
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    103 times
    Quote Originally Posted by MarjaE View Post
    And apparently some Android devices have built-in buttons and joystcks or wraparound devices with buttons and joysticks for games. I don't know whether those work for navigating between apps, organizing files, and reading, but it might help with my problems.
    Its not so much the devices but apps that allow voice input and external remote control. I played around with my Nexus 7 tablet and there are apps that don't allow touch input but let the program run. This for when you want to let a small child watch a Netflix stream without working the device. So, if you had a an ereader that allowed you to page turn with the volume buttons that would work. I also played with Aldiko book reader as it had a good rating and sizable download history. It did not allow me to pinch to zoom and it had a lot of brightness settings.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links