Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    0 times

Exclamation Really cannot turn on Asus t100,, no LED light on when charging too

Hi , everyone, yesterday, I was watching some videos on my external drive ( which I connected by the USB 3.0 port on the keyboard)

everything went smoothly, then, I had a bathroom break, so I turned the device to sleep (like I always do), but when I came back, It never wake up, no matter what I do, I tried all kind of combination button for hours, nothing, blank screen and no led light on, nothing.

So I thought maybe because it out of battery(but I'm pretty sure that there's still some battery left when i was using it), so I plugged in the device, this time, the red led light next to power button never turn on too, I changed many charger, still nothing, I kept the device plugin for some more hours and still nothing, blank screen, no led light on.

Can someone tell me how to fix this problem please, cause I'm out of solution and exhausted.

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    419 times
    Welcome to the forum Mr.kyle2808...

Since the red LED next to the power button doesn't illuminate while a charger is connected, I'd suspect,

1. A bad charger/cable or microUSB T100 connector/connection. Did you try gently wiggling the plugged in connector?
    2. Something in the internal T100 wiring or charging circuitry has gone bad. A repair would then be needed.
    Rick, loving my T100TA-C1-GR Z3740 64GB Win 10
    BIOS 314. All Windows updates except Bing. All Asus Live Updates. WIFI driver 5.93.99.210
    I get 8-12 hrs use per charge using SLEEP mode. Warning, NEVER calibrate the touchscreen.
    When posting for help, please include Your Model Particulars
    Casters T100 Master Help Guide

Helping Hero & Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    247 times
    Try using a different cable and plug it into a PC, it will not charge very fast but this removes any doubt of the charger and cable.
    Help shortcuts

For TF101 http://www.transformerforums.com/for...tml#post177499
    For T100 http://www.transformerforums.com/for...tml#post344339

My stuff!

ASUS T100 64GB
    TF101 32 GB + Grandkids toy now
    Nokia 635 win 8.1
    ASUS MB Z97-A with I5 CPU (mine home brew PC)
    HP Desktop (wife's)
    Retired: My week is six Saturdays and one Sunday!

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    0 times
    well I did wiggle a lot with 3 different charger, still nothing

and I think the internal wiring and circuit has gone bad too, but the weird thing is that I didnt do any physical impact when it happened, the tablet was laying on the table

I guess this problem need a repair from the technical, I've been using this for a year and still under 3-year warranty, but a few months ago I accidentally crack the touchscreen ( slided of a 20cm edge with a protection cover on, the most fragile glass i ever seen, but the device still worked perfectly, just no touch) so I think Asus not gonna cover my warranty anymore, and now a big problem like this gonna cost me ~200$, which I can't afford .
    I'm very disappointed with the build quality of Asus t100

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by helpifIcan View Post
    Try using a different cable and plug it into a PC, it will not charge very fast but this removes any doubt of the charger and cable.
    Thank you, I did that too, but still no luck, I think the problem is not from the cable or charger

Asus USA Social Media Team
    Member #
    Tablet
    Uncategorised
    Liked
    154 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.kyle2808 View Post
    Hi , everyone, yesterday, I was watching some videos on my external drive ( which I connected by the USB 3.0 port on the keyboard)

everything went smoothly, then, I had a bathroom break, so I turned the device to sleep (like I always do), but when I came back, It never wake up, no matter what I do, I tried all kind of combination button for hours, nothing, blank screen and no led light on, nothing.

So I thought maybe because it out of battery(but I'm pretty sure that there's still some battery left when i was using it), so I plugged in the device, this time, the red led light next to power button never turn on too, I changed many charger, still nothing, I kept the device plugin for some more hours and still nothing, blank screen, no led light on.

Can someone tell me how to fix this problem please, cause I'm out of solution and exhausted.

Mr.kyle2808 - We're very sorry that you've been having difficulty powering on your T100 Transformer. Please email us at socialsupportus@asus.com providing a copy of your posted problem description along with the serial number of your unit. Also if it is possible please provide details of any troubleshooting steps that you've completed on your own.

If you have any further questions, comments or concerns please do not hesitate to let us know. You may reference this case number (N150544389) on your next contact.

Thank you.

In Search of Incredible

Technical Support Department
    ASUS USA :: ASUSTeK Computer Inc. -Support-
    Asus USA is a social support channel for North American purchasers. UK users requiring warranty support should contact their retailer. For other geographic locations, please check your product documentation or the Asus website for your locality and follow the support section instructions.

Transformer Forums is a privately owned "user to user" forum and is not affiliated with ASUSTeK Computer Inc in any way.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book 100TAF
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.kyle2808 View Post

I had the Exact same problem and got a solution for it.

I would not wake up although it had battery.
    I didn't light up the charging LED.
    ( You did not mencioned this but my Screen had the Background light on )

My solution:
    I openned it up, unplugged the battery and plugged again. And everything came back to normal.

If you have any doubt of how to do it look in Youtube for any replacing part video, they all have to open and unplug the baterry and there is where you stop.

Hope this helps anyone with the same issue.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links