Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    2 times

Touch screen generating clicks without being touched

Hi,

The issue started a couple of months ago, with my T100.

Usually when I start up the tablet it first works well. It can continue working well for a long time, until... I am not sure what exactly triggers the problem, but usually it starts during a game of FIFA 2014 - which made me think, could it be that the more aggressive use while in gaming affects the flexible body of the tablet and damages the screen? (but clearly it shouldn't. And I am not that aggressive... I play carefully).

What happens then, the screen suddenly starts to produce "clicks", in places I am not actually touching the screen. Usually, that would happen in 3-4 spots in a repeated manner, sometime it would 'click' every few seconds, sometime it would become more frequent, clicking almost continuously like once-twice per second.

After restarting the tablet this would usually disappear - but not always. Sometimes it will restart with the issue still happening (or it will return after very short use) - sometimes it will be normal and keep working for hours before repeating.

Note - the touchscreen had been replaced after I broke the original. It was replaced at an official dealer lab, and was working fine for a few months before this started happening.

Anyone encountered this issue? Is it definitely a hardware issue, or might it have something to do with drivers or software (or even, FIFA...)? Could it be related to the screen replacement?

Your help would be appreciated! Thanks.

Guide Guru & Forum Administrator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Chromebook
    Liked
    2827 times
    Welcome to the forum

Well it could be the replacement screen - but it might not be.

With Windows & the T100, the standard troubleshooting steps are...

1) Check for BIOS updates
    2) Check for driver updates
    3) Check for Windows updates
    4) Refresh Windows
    5) Restore Windows

If you work through that lot & the problem persists, then a call to Asus or your independant repairer is all that is left to you.

PLEASE Search for existing threads before posting a new one. Thanks.

Your opinion matters. But should you disagree - please try not to be disagreeable

Forum guide - here ~~ T100 FAQs - here ~~ Cold boot - here

Adobe Flash Player & Browser Guide here

Master Help Guide - here ~~ FAQ malware - here ~~ FAQ e-reading - here
    Mobile OS devices personal pantheon...
    ANDROID: Doogee DG310; SGS; Huawei Y300; Motoroloa Xoom 2ME; Razr; Defy Mini; CnM Touchpad II;
    Asus TF101; Lenovo A1; Samsung Tab 2 7.0
    APPLE: iPhone 4s; iPhone 5c; iPhone 6; iPhone 7; iPad 3; iPad Mini 2; iPad Air 2 64gb
    CHROMEBOOK: HP 14-Q010sa Celeron 14 Inch 4GB 16GB Chromebook - White.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    2 times
    Hi, thanks for the speedy response... not sure about BIOS updates - do I get a notification on those (like Windows updates do)? or do I have to somehow actively look for those.
    Eran R. | Asus Transformer T-100 (and one Asus ZenWatch too...)

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    419 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Eran View Post
    Hi, thanks for the speedy response... not sure about BIOS updates - do I get a notification on those (like Windows updates do)? or do I have to somehow actively look for those.
    What BIOS is your T100TA currently at? If it's less than 306 then you can run Asus Live Update to get up to 306. Although 306 is a good BIOS, the current BIOS is 313 which you can get from the Asus website and run Winflash to update.

For your ghost touch issue, do you have a screen protector on your screen? If you keep the device always plugged into power, don't do that... from my personal experience on another (non T100) device, batteries left always charging can heat up and swell causing these "ghost touches".
    Rick, loving my T100TA-C1-GR Z3740 64GB Win 10
    BIOS 314. All Windows updates except Bing. All Asus Live Updates. WIFI driver 5.93.99.210
    I get 8-12 hrs use per charge using SLEEP mode. Warning, NEVER calibrate the touchscreen.
    When posting for help, please include Your Model Particulars
    Casters T100 Master Help Guide

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    2 times
    Well, now that you've mentioned that - I don't use a screen protector but I think the situation tends to appear more often when battery is low, rather than when it's high - not sure about battery physics here, would that have an effect on heating? I wonder if the location of the 'ghost touches' hints at source of the problem. I'll try to map their exact location next time it happens.
    rickscheller likes this.

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    419 times
    Well, now that you've mentioned that - I don't use a screen protector but I think the situation tends to appear more often when battery is low, rather than when it's high - not sure about battery physics here, would that have an effect on heating? I wonder if the location of the 'ghost touches' hints at source of the problem. I'll try to map their exact location next time it happens.
    I had an Android tablet that began having the ghost touch issues because of a swollen battery and it never recovered even when the battery level was very low. i.e. once the battery had expanded to cause the problem, it never "shrank down in size" to let the problem go away. The tablet became junk.
    BIOS 314. All Windows updates except Bing. All Asus Live Updates. WIFI driver 5.93.99.210
    I get 8-12 hrs use per charge using SLEEP mode. Warning, NEVER calibrate the touchscreen.

Asus USA Social Media Team
    Member #
    Tablet
    Uncategorised
    Liked
    154 times
    Hi,

The issue started a couple of months ago, with my T100.

Usually when I start up the tablet it first works well. It can continue working well for a long time, until... I am not sure what exactly triggers the problem, but usually it starts during a game of FIFA 2014 - which made me think, could it be that the more aggressive use while in gaming affects the flexible body of the tablet and damages the screen? (but clearly it shouldn't. And I am not that aggressive... I play carefully).

What happens then, the screen suddenly starts to produce "clicks", in places I am not actually touching the screen. Usually, that would happen in 3-4 spots in a repeated manner, sometime it would 'click' every few seconds, sometime it would become more frequent, clicking almost continuously like once-twice per second.

After restarting the tablet this would usually disappear - but not always. Sometimes it will restart with the issue still happening (or it will return after very short use) - sometimes it will be normal and keep working for hours before repeating.

Note - the touchscreen had been replaced after I broke the original. It was replaced at an official dealer lab, and was working fine for a few months before this started happening.

Anyone encountered this issue? Is it definitely a hardware issue, or might it have something to do with drivers or software (or even, FIFA...)? Could it be related to the screen replacement?

Your help would be appreciated! Thanks.
    Eran - We're very sorry that you've been having such a troublesome experience with the screen of your T100. We would love to assist in resolving this. Please email us at socialsupportus@asus.com providing the serial number of your Transformer along with a copy of your posted problem description. Also if you've performed any troubleshooting steps of your own you may also include this within your email.

If you have any further questions, comments or concerns please do not hesitate to let us know. You may reference this case number (N150526716) on your next contact. We will be more than happy to assist you.

Thank you.

In Search of Incredible

Technical Support Department
    ASUS USA :: ASUSTeK Computer Inc. -Support-
    Asus USA is a social support channel for North American purchasers. UK users requiring warranty support should contact their retailer. For other geographic locations, please check your product documentation or the Asus website for your locality and follow the support section instructions.

Transformer Forums is a privately owned "user to user" forum and is not affiliated with ASUSTeK Computer Inc in any way.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    2 times
    Thanks Asus USA, I will gather the info and Email you.

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    419 times
    Thanks Asus USA, I will gather the info and Email you.
    Eran,

Let us know how that route works out for you.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by rickscheller View Post
    Eran,

Let us know how that route works out for you.
    I just emailed Asus. I will update on results.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links