Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    0 times

Unhappy Touchscreen won't work, camera light on.

T100- Had a reputable adware cleaner scan my computer the other night...found some malware (as expected) and quarantined it. Then it restarted the computer for the changes to take effect. Once this program restarted the computer, the touch screen wouldn't work once it was back on. Also, the camera light up top is now on constantly (?). My keyboard and mouse work just fine so I can still use the computer. Also, the volume button doesn't work and the top button doesn't work to lock the screen. HOWEVER, the top button does work to turn on/restart the tablet (holding it).

When I go into device manager>human interface devices the only thing listed is "hid compliant wireless radio controls". I can't find "hid compliant touch screen" or "i2c hid device".

The only thing in device manager that has a yellow exclamation mark next to it is Intel Power Management IC Device. I've been looking for answers all over and can't find a solution to my exact problem- the touchscreen not working and the camera light staying on.

Asus USA Social Media Team
    Member #
    Tablet
    Uncategorised
    Liked
    154 times
    Quote Originally Posted by kaylaeastman View Post
    T100- Had a reputable adware cleaner scan my computer the other night...found some malware (as expected) and quarantined it. Then it restarted the computer for the changes to take effect. Once this program restarted the computer, the touch screen wouldn't work once it was back on. Also, the camera light up top is now on constantly (?). My keyboard and mouse work just fine so I can still use the computer. Also, the volume button doesn't work and the top button doesn't work to lock the screen. HOWEVER, the top button does work to turn on/restart the tablet (holding it).

When I go into device manager>human interface devices the only thing listed is "hid compliant wireless radio controls". I can't find "hid compliant touch screen" or "i2c hid device".

The only thing in device manager that has a yellow exclamation mark next to it is Intel Power Management IC Device. I've been looking for answers all over and can't find a solution to my exact problem- the touchscreen not working and the camera light staying on.

Kaylaeastman - ​Hi we're seeing that you're having a touchscreen issue with your transformer book and we would love to see how best we can assist. Based on the information you provided this could be a driver related problem and we suggest that you update the chipset driver. Please complete the following steps to have the driver updated.

May I ask you to follow this link please : ASUSTeK Computer Inc. -Support- Drivers and Download T100TA

Select the OS (Current OS) in the drop down menu corresponding to what you are using on the unit.
    After selecting your OS, click "Chipset" (SOC Driver Package(VGA and camera drivers included) Version V106) then follow these steps for the driver file listed in the drop down.

Step 1: Click "Global" ( not "Global DLM" ) for the driver to be installed and save folder to desktop >
    Step 2: Locate folder on desktop, right click it and click "Extract All" >
    Step 3: Open extracted folder and run "Setup" application file (The setup file may be located by looking for a file labelled as "Application" in the "Description" column in the window) >
    Step 4: Restart device

If you have any further questions, comments, or concerns please do not hesitate to let us know. We will be more than happy to assist you. Once again, thank you for choosing ASUS products and services.

Thank you,

In Search of Incredible

Technical Support Department
    ASUS USA :: ASUSTeK Computer Inc. -Support-
    Asus USA is a social support channel for North American purchasers. UK users requiring warranty support should contact their retailer. For other geographic locations, please check your product documentation or the Asus website for your locality and follow the support section instructions.

Transformer Forums is a privately owned "user to user" forum and is not affiliated with ASUSTeK Computer Inc in any way.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    0 times
    The above response didn't address the issue of the camera light staying on. My Asus T100 has that problem. Sometimes even when I turn the power off, the camera light stays on. It stays on all the time. It drains my battery terribly. Are there any solutions for how to turn the camera light off?

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    419 times
    Quote Originally Posted by mitchr View Post
    The above response didn't address the issue of the camera light staying on. My Asus T100 has that problem. Sometimes even when I turn the power off, the camera light stays on. It stays on all the time. It drains my battery terribly. Are there any solutions for how to turn the camera light off?
    Welcome to our forum mitchr... the camera light issue was just one of many the OP has.

If you haven't already, you may want to follow the same suggested path from Asus_USA.

You didn't say specifically what your system status is other than the camera light issue but you might also want to make sure you're BIOS is at the latest 313 for the TA and all drivers (run Asus Live Update) and Windows updates are current.

Let us know status and how things go.
    Last edited by rickscheller; 05-08-2015 at 04:06 PM.
    Rick, loving my T100TA-C1-GR Z3740 64GB Win 10
    BIOS 314. All Windows updates except Bing. All Asus Live Updates. WIFI driver 5.93.99.210
    I get 8-12 hrs use per charge using SLEEP mode. Warning, NEVER calibrate the touchscreen.
    When posting for help, please include Your Model Particulars
    Casters T100 Master Help Guide

Asus USA Social Media Team
    Member #
    Tablet
    Uncategorised
    Liked
    154 times
    Quote Originally Posted by mitchr View Post

mitchr - Hello, sorry for the issue you're having with the camera light. To fix this issue please try the following steps:

1. Ensure the notebook is off.
    2. Un-dock the tablet and remove the charger
    3. Press and hold the power button for 30 seconds
    4. Turn the tablet on and inspect for the light.
    5. Check for and install windows updates

If you have any further questions, comments, or concerns please do not hesitate to let us know. Your case number is N150520220. We will be more than happy to assist you. Once again, thank you for choosing ASUS products and services.

Thank you,

In Search of Incredible

Technical Support Department
    ASUS USA :: ASUSTeK Computer Inc. -Support-
    Asus USA is a social support channel for North American purchasers. UK users requiring warranty support should contact their retailer. For other geographic locations, please check your product documentation or the Asus website for your locality and follow the support section instructions.

Transformer Forums is a privately owned "user to user" forum and is not affiliated with ASUSTeK Computer Inc in any way.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    0 times
    My Windows Updates were current and Asus Live Update said my BIOS was up to date. After doing every possible thing I could think of using common sense, Google, and suggestions from you guys, I decided to just remove everything and re-install Windows. That has fixed the problem (which I believe was missing drivers). Now I2C HID Device and HID Compliant Touch Screen are listed under Device Manager again!!! Still not sure how they were deleted in the first place...

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    0 times
    Still not sure what that constant camera light was all about, but it has also gone away with the reset.

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    419 times
    Quote Originally Posted by kaylaeastman View Post
    My Windows Updates were current and Asus Live Update said my BIOS was up to date. After doing every possible thing I could think of using common sense, Google, and suggestions from you guys, I decided to just remove everything and re-install Windows. That has fixed the problem (which I believe was missing drivers). Now I2C HID Device and HID Compliant Touch Screen are listed under Device Manager again!!! Still not sure how they were deleted in the first place...
    Resets are a pain but glad you got resolution.
    Rick, loving my T100TA-C1-GR Z3740 64GB Win 10
    BIOS 314. All Windows updates except Bing. All Asus Live Updates. WIFI driver 5.93.99.210
    I get 8-12 hrs use per charge using SLEEP mode. Warning, NEVER calibrate the touchscreen.
    When posting for help, please include Your Model Particulars
    Casters T100 Master Help Guide

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links