Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    0 times

Typing text with keyboard is unstable caused by cursor erratic behaviour

When typing text I encounter cursor issues.

The location of "next" character is normally expected to the right of the last one typed.
    However, it happens very often (especially while typing speed is a bit higher) that the next letter appears anywhere.

The wrong location can be anywhere either above the current line, either within the same line, either below at an empty space.
    Sometimes letter e seems to be not being typed. Sometimes a return is inserted anytime anywhere.
    All my text above this line has been typed slowly, and corrected, so there are no errors shown.

I will reproduce a fictive example below:
    "The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog 1234567890 times" could become :

"The quick brown fox jum4567ps ovr the lazy dog 123
    890 times.

When typing on this rather small keybord on the T00 I usually have my eyes on the keyboard instead of on the display.
    In this example the string 4567 becomes at the wrong place on the SAME line, but this might occur at any location on my screen, above or even on an unwritten empty place below text (not-typed returns inserted).

I'm never sure where next charachter will appear, unless typing deadslow !!!
    Should I return this T00 unit ? How can I troubleshoot such issue ?
    It doesn't matter which text editor is used.
    Thank you

Starscream
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    255 times
    Merel, always good to see, when a community member posts details, helps alot .

In order to troubleshoot the issue, disconnect the dock and simply use the on screen keyboard and see if the problem persists? If it doesn't something is definitely wrong with the dock. Reconnect and see, also note in which and where do these errors/typos occur? Is it a browser? Is it everywhere on the OS, when you simply type on a text field? I write alot of reviews/documentations/emails/knowledge base articles from my T100TA and haven't yet came across this type of an error in multiple and different apps especially while typing. Just a guess, but disable the Trackpad and then type and see? Maybe you're palm touches the Trackpad, so it moves the cursor to the same line but random place? Don't think so but could be a possibility, anything to narrow down the issue properly is much better, to resolving the same. Have a look on the below article too, it will definitely help,

Cursor Jumps or Moves Randomly while typing!

Keep us posted, Goodluck!
    Last edited by Caster; 03-21-2015 at 05:04 PM.
    Proud Owner of Asus 100TA-DK024H, Asus ROG G750JZ, Asus TF700
    Use it daily, I get around 9-10 or more hours per charge daily - Bios 313 - Please use search in the forums, and refer to Guides under every section they are very helpful!
    Forum Rules - Wifi was Working - Now Disconnected? - Wifi Tips & Tricks
    Z3775 Graphics Card Driver Update/Details/Processor Details (How Much Mhz/VRAM does it have!)
    Android Master Help Guide - T100 Master Help Guide

Asus USA Social Media Team
    Member #
    Tablet
    Uncategorised
    Liked
    154 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Merel View Post
    When typing text I encounter cursor issues.

The location of "next" character is normally expected to the right of the last one typed.
    However, it happens very often (especially while typing speed is a bit higher) that the next letter appears anywhere.

The wrong location can be anywhere either above the current line, either within the same line, either below at an empty space.
    Sometimes letter e seems to be not being typed. Sometimes a return is inserted anytime anywhere.
    All my text above this line has been typed slowly, and corrected, so there are no errors shown.

I will reproduce a fictive example below:
    "The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog 1234567890 times" could become :

"The quick brown fox jum4567ps ovr the lazy dog 123
    890 times.

When typing on this rather small keybord on the T00 I usually have my eyes on the keyboard instead of on the display.
    In this example the string 4567 becomes at the wrong place on the SAME line, but this might occur at any location on my screen, above or even on an unwritten empty place below text (not-typed returns inserted).

I'm never sure where next charachter will appear, unless typing deadslow !!!
    Should I return this T00 unit ? How can I troubleshoot such issue ?
    It doesn't matter which text editor is used.
    Thank you
    Merel - We're very sorry that you're having difficulty typing on your T100 Transformer. If you've completed the troubleshooting step recommended to you by Caster and you're still having typing difficulties with your Transformer, kindly email us at socialsupportus@asus.com providing a copy of your posted problem along with the serial number of your unit.

If you have any further questions, comments, or concerns please do not hesitate to let us know. You may reference this case number (N150375306) on your next contact.

Thank you.

In Search of Incredible

Technical Support Department
    ASUS :: http://service.asus.com/
    Asus USA is a social support channel for North American purchasers. UK users requiring warranty support should contact their retailer. For other geographic locations, please check your product documentation or the Asus website for your locality and follow the support section instructions.

Transformer Forums is a privately owned "user to user" forum and is not affiliated with ASUSTeK Computer Inc in any way.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links