Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    3 times

T100TA Unable To Boot

Hi all,

I'm hoping to get some input on a T100TA that won't boot.

The unit is less than a year old, and a few days ago while browsing the internet it just shut off (it was almost fully charged at the time).
    After that it wouldn't boot anymore - it would load up the splash screen and display 'Preparing Automatic Repair', then would shut off after about 10 seconds. I could get into the BIOS, but it would do the same thing and just power off after about 10 seconds.

When I plugged the charger in, the LED was white indicating full charge.

After reading up on some troubleshooting, I took the back off and unplugged the battery, leaving it unplugged for about an hour before putting it back together again.
    Now it won't even boot - the only sign of life is the LED next to the power button, which flashes white very rapidly 4 or 5 times when you hold the power button in.

I've tried holding the power button in for 30 seconds, as well as the other button combinations, but still can't get it to turn on.

Is there anything else I can try, and does anyone know what the flashing white power light means?

Thanks,
    Paul.

Asus USA Social Media Team
    Member #
    Tablet
    Uncategorised
    Liked
    154 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Relmz View Post
    Hi all,

I'm hoping to get some input on a T100TA that won't boot.

The unit is less than a year old, and a few days ago while browsing the internet it just shut off (it was almost fully charged at the time).
    After that it wouldn't boot anymore - it would load up the splash screen and display 'Preparing Automatic Repair', then would shut off after about 10 seconds. I could get into the BIOS, but it would do the same thing and just power off after about 10 seconds.

When I plugged the charger in, the LED was white indicating full charge.

After reading up on some troubleshooting, I took the back off and unplugged the battery, leaving it unplugged for about an hour before putting it back together again.
    Now it won't even boot - the only sign of life is the LED next to the power button, which flashes white very rapidly 4 or 5 times when you hold the power button in.

I've tried holding the power button in for 30 seconds, as well as the other button combinations, but still can't get it to turn on.

Is there anything else I can try, and does anyone know what the flashing white power light means?

Thanks,
    Paul.
    Sorry to hear that you are having issues. We will be more than happy to assist you. Please email this post to us at socialsupportus@asus.com with your serial number attached for further assistance.

If you have any further questions, comments, or concerns please do not hesitate to let us know. We will be more than happy to assist you. Once again, thank you for choosing ASUS products and services.

Thank you,

-In Search of Incredible-

Technical Support Department
    ASUS :: ASUS Service | North America
    Asus USA is a social support channel for North American purchasers. UK users requiring warranty support should contact their retailer. For other geographic locations, please check your product documentation or the Asus website for your locality and follow the support section instructions.

Transformer Forums is a privately owned "user to user" forum and is not affiliated with ASUSTeK Computer Inc in any way.

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    417 times
    @Relmz, if you follow the route suggested by Asus_USA, please post back here with your results and experiences.
    Rick, loving my T100TA-C1-GR Z3740 64GB Win 10
    BIOS 314. All Windows updates except Bing. All Asus Live Updates. WIFI driver 5.93.99.210
    I get 8-12 hrs use per charge using SLEEP mode. Warning, NEVER calibrate the touchscreen.
    When posting for help, please include Your Model Particulars
    Casters T100 Master Help Guide

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    3 times
    Thanks Asus_USA, I will send an email shortly with the requested details.

@rickscheller, I'll be sure to update this thread once an outcome has been reached.

Thanks.
    Swipe and rickscheller like this.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    0 times
    Hello, ме identic symptoms errors. I use bcdedit a by inexperience made incorrect import bcd nor swoop files hidden partition 100 MB, thereafter reboot ...not picture LED light in screen !
    Transformer create april 2014 year.
    Thanks,
    Peter.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    0 times
    I have the same sometimes. After sleep, it does not boot even. In my case it boots after a few attemps. The power button is so bad that, sometimes its blocked inside, and that's when the light starts blinking, and it wont boot

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    3 times
    As promised, I'm back to report with the outcome to the problem I was having with my T100TA.
    Although the T100TA was less than a year old, I was concerned about where I stood regarding the warranty due to the fact the item was purchased through Amazon while in the U.S. and brought back to Australia.

I emailed the address provided by @Asus_USA and, after providing my serial number, they were able to confirm that my Transformer was still covered by a global warranty and eligible for repair, and provided me with a contact phone number for servicing.
    After calling Asus, they directed me to the nearest service centre and I dropped it off the next day.
    I received a call about a week later, and was then able to pick up my repaired Transformer.

Apparently, the problem was with the mainboard in the tablet part and it needed to be replaced.

The entire process was one of the most efficient and hassle-free warranty experiences I have ever had and, even though I was a little dismayed at my relatively new tablet needing a new mainboard, I really can't praise Asus enough for their exemplary customer care.

Thanks again @Asus_USA!
    Swipe likes this.

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    417 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Relmz View Post
    As promised, I'm back to report with the outcome to the problem I was having with my T100TA.
    Although the T100TA was less than a year old, I was concerned about where I stood regarding the warranty due to the fact the item was purchased through Amazon while in the U.S. and brought back to Australia.

I emailed the address provided by @Asus_USA and, after providing my serial number, they were able to confirm that my Transformer was still covered by a global warranty and eligible for repair, and provided me with a contact phone number for servicing.
    After calling Asus, they directed me to the nearest service centre and I dropped it off the next day.
    I received a call about a week later, and was then able to pick up my repaired Transformer.

Apparently, the problem was with the mainboard in the tablet part and it needed to be replaced.

The entire process was one of the most efficient and hassle-free warranty experiences I have ever had and, even though I was a little dismayed at my relatively new tablet needing a new mainboard, I really can't praise Asus enough for their exemplary customer care.

Thanks again @Asus_USA!
    Thanks for the retelling of your Asus contact and repair experience.
    Rick, loving my T100TA-C1-GR Z3740 64GB Win 10
    BIOS 314. All Windows updates except Bing. All Asus Live Updates. WIFI driver 5.93.99.210
    I get 8-12 hrs use per charge using SLEEP mode. Warning, NEVER calibrate the touchscreen.
    When posting for help, please include Your Model Particulars
    Casters T100 Master Help Guide

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links