Thread: [ SOLVED ] eMMC (HDD) Testing Problem

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    0 times

[ SOLVED ] eMMC (HDD) Testing Problem

Hi I scanned my T100 with HDTUNE and it found 100% damaged blocks. I also did it wil SeaTools and it failed Short DST test. Is anything wrong with the hdd. I have no issues with the tablet itself. Is this a false positive? Thanks
    Last edited by rickscheller; 02-22-2015 at 06:43 AM. Reason: title clarification

Starscream
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    255 times
    Welcome to the forums GamingLife .

Does the 'HDTune' mention the reason, why the damaged blocks or any way to fix those/what they are? Since you are checking your HDD, have you ran a simple Windows built-in disk check and see if any errors pop-up? This should pretty much clear your doubts and answer your questions, if none either way through the built-in disk check, then you can safely ignore. Goodluck & All the best !
    Proud Owner of Asus 100TA-DK024H, Asus ROG G750JZ, Asus TF700
    Use it daily, I get around 9-10 or more hours per charge daily - Bios 313 - Please use search in the forums, and refer to Guides under every section they are very helpful!
    Forum Rules - Wifi was Working - Now Disconnected? - Wifi Tips & Tricks
    Z3775 Graphics Card Driver Update/Details/Processor Details (How Much Mhz/VRAM does it have!)
    Android Master Help Guide - T100 Master Help Guide

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    417 times
    I'm unsure myself, but perhaps those tools can't properly test eMMC (HDD)?

I'm not sure why you're testing your HDD but perhaps try this test... https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/lib.../dn293667.aspx
    Caster likes this.
    Rick, loving my T100TA-C1-GR Z3740 64GB Win 10
    BIOS 314. All Windows updates except Bing. All Asus Live Updates. WIFI driver 5.93.99.210
    I get 8-12 hrs use per charge using SLEEP mode. Warning, NEVER calibrate the touchscreen.
    When posting for help, please include Your Model Particulars
    Casters T100 Master Help Guide

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Too lazy to choose
    Liked
    291 times
    Quote Originally Posted by rickscheller View Post
    I'm unsure myself, but perhaps those tools can't properly test eMMC (HDD)?

I'm not sure why you're testing your HDD but perhaps try this test... https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/lib.../dn293667.aspx
    They can't. eMMC does not do standard SMART reporting, so they are not going to work properly with the eMMC within the T100.
    rickscheller and leeshor like this.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    0 times
    Oh, so do you think it is false? Yes I was not able to read any smart data or any error as it seems that it is not fully supported. I did the chkdsk /f c: And it showed that I passed but had few unnecessary files. I had to reformat this emmc using the recovery partition about 5 times already in about two months already. One driver kept messing my PC as the keyboard did not work.. Do you think is it because of the reformats or anything else? When I first got it, I ran hdtune and showed no error but now it does. And what happens if you have 100% damaged blocks. Doesn't the PC just not work? I think it is a false error. Though I hope someone give me a tip to check and make sure. Thanks everyone!!!

Starscream
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TAM
    Liked
    71 times
    I don't know of any tools that function properly with an eMMC drive. HDTune hasn't been updated in 2 years.
    HD Tune website

Most SSD tools won't work, either. All 3rd party partition managers report the eMMC as unallocated space or don't work at all.
    Read the 2nd to last paragraph of this:
    OPCUG - MiniTool Review
    Repeated here:
    "MiniTool ran fine on machines using both Vista and Windows 7. The developers indicate that it also supports Windows 8. I had recently acquired an Asus Transformer Book T100 (a two-in-one hybrid computer) running Windows 8. MiniTool failed to load on this system with the error message: “Failed to load disk access driver”. My T100 is equipped with a 64 GB eMMC solid-state hard drive. Since this is a fairly new type of SSD, I think the problem is that MiniTool doesn't have support for this specific hardware. The problem was confirmed by Jeff Dubois who couldn't get MiniTool to load on a 32 GB version of the T100. However, Jeff did confirm that MiniTool runs fine under Windows 8 on more conventional hardware. So, while MiniTool will indeed run under Windows 8, if you try to do this on a T100, you may be out of luck until the software is updated."
    Asus Transformer T100TAM-C1-GM, Atom Z3775, 2GB-RAM, 64GB eMMC, Win8.1-32 updated to Win10-32
    ASUSTeK Computer Inc. -Support- Drivers and Download T100TAM

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    0 times
    Thanks everyone! I did a restore from recovery partition and started fresh! Looks like there are no damaged blocks. HDTUNE reports everything is good. I think because the last installation was done by a usb and something might have happened.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links