Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    None
    Liked
    0 times

Keyboard and Touchpad not working (usb and standby switch does)

Hi,

Since a month, my keyboard and touchpad doesn't work anymore. There is no sound when I plug the dock. However, I can plug a USB Key on the USB Port and use it. And when I close the screen and the dock, the screen turns off well.
    I tried to reinstall Windows, but nothing happen...

Starscream
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    255 times
    Welcome to the forums Ahkro .

Seems more like there could be dust between the connectors since you can use the USB 3.0 port?, not so sure though, it could also require some troubleshooting. Try to clean the connectors on the hinge and blow the air there, saw it here someone had a similar problem and after cleaning was able to fix it. But it could also be hardware related, to rule that out, you would definitely need to do some troubleshooting,

1. Clean both of the Dock's connectors on the hinge, you can try compressed air too.
    2. Try to Undock and connect again firmly with a click sound couple of times, you sure you don't hear any sound when connected? Is your tablets volume high not muted?
    3. Reisntall Windows? Have you tried a factory reset? Search for 'Remove everything and Reinstall Windows' on the start, if you want to do that.
    4. Uninstall the Keyboard from device manager, and Asus Touchpad while undocked & plug back to reinstall (someone had done this too, and it fixed it for them).

If all fails, then definitely it's the physical keyboard/pad on the dock & you can go for RMA/Repair or purchase a new dock keyboard only from Asus Parts website. Good luck !
    Proud Owner of Asus 100TA-DK024H, Asus ROG G750JZ, Asus TF700
    Use it daily, I get around 9-10 or more hours per charge daily - Bios 313 - Please use search in the forums, and refer to Guides under every section they are very helpful!
    Forum Rules - Wifi was Working - Now Disconnected? - Wifi Tips & Tricks
    Z3775 Graphics Card Driver Update/Details/Processor Details (How Much Mhz/VRAM does it have!)
    Android Master Help Guide - T100 Master Help Guide

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    419 times
    @Ahkro..
    There is no sound when I plug the dock.
    That could mean more than one thing. Please be more specific?
    Rick, loving my T100TA-C1-GR Z3740 64GB Win 10
    BIOS 314. All Windows updates except Bing. All Asus Live Updates. WIFI driver 5.93.99.210
    I get 8-12 hrs use per charge using SLEEP mode. Warning, NEVER calibrate the touchscreen.
    When posting for help, please include Your Model Particulars
    Casters T100 Master Help Guide

Asus USA Social Media Team
    Member #
    Tablet
    Uncategorised
    Liked
    154 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahkro View Post
    Hi,

Since a month, my keyboard and touchpad doesn't work anymore. There is no sound when I plug the dock. However, I can plug a USB Key on the USB Port and use it. And when I close the screen and the dock, the screen turns off well.
    I tried to reinstall Windows, but nothing happen...
    Ahkro - We are sorry to hear about your keyboard issues. If you attempted the troubleshooting steps that Caster recommended and saw no difference please email us at socialsupportus@asus.com with your serial number and your post on this thread for further assistance.

Thank you,

-In Search of Incredible-

Technical Support Department
    ASUS :: http://service.asus.com/
    Asus USA is a social support channel for North American purchasers. UK users requiring warranty support should contact their retailer. For other geographic locations, please check your product documentation or the Asus website for your locality and follow the support section instructions.

Transformer Forums is a privately owned "user to user" forum and is not affiliated with ASUSTeK Computer Inc in any way.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    None
    Liked
    0 times
    I mean no Windows Sound (not muted of course).
    I tried to blow in the connector, uninstall the keyboard and plug it, but nothing happen.
    And yes it's already a Factory Reset.

I don't understand why the physical keyboard and touchpad would stop working at the same time, meanwhile my usb port is working. I dismounted the Dock to clean, I didn't see anything wrong. It can't be Software ? Like BIOS or something else ?

Starscream
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    255 times
    Ahkro, You can try and see if there's a BIOS upgrade from the official Asus T100 Support & Drivers Page for your T100,
    ASUSTeK Computer Inc. -Support- Drivers and Download T100TA

Follow the T100 Master Help Guide in my signature, to see how to check which BIOS you have and then look for the certain one for your system from the above link (under BIOS), you would need Winflash (under BIOS-Utilities) it could be on your system by default, you can search for that too on the Start, follow the instructions onscreen after downloading the correct BIOS file from the above link.

You can never know when a hardware breaks, and it can happen eventually to anyone at any moment, that's just how it is. It could also be the connecting ports on the tablet itself, Good Asus_USA took interest in this, contact them too and keep us posted on the resolution by them to help others having same problems, if all fails like I said, Replacement/RMA would be ideal .
    Proud Owner of Asus 100TA-DK024H, Asus ROG G750JZ, Asus TF700
    Use it daily, I get around 9-10 or more hours per charge daily - Bios 313 - Please use search in the forums, and refer to Guides under every section they are very helpful!
    Forum Rules - Wifi was Working - Now Disconnected? - Wifi Tips & Tricks
    Z3775 Graphics Card Driver Update/Details/Processor Details (How Much Mhz/VRAM does it have!)
    Android Master Help Guide - T100 Master Help Guide

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links