Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By janner43

Thread: t100 window 8.1 auto updates fail , in a boot loop should i just turn off the update?

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    3 times

t100 window 8.1 auto updates fail , in a boot loop should i just turn off the update?

it got like 30ish important updates and many of those failed on the update history. what can i do? should i just ignore em?? thanks

Guide Guru & Forum Administrator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Chromebook
    Liked
    2825 times
    Why did you post this in the Android Tablet General Discussion section...

Specific Model spec & specific details are required...
    Were you / are you plugged into a/c when trying this...
    Windows updates often fail to complete but don't have this effect...
    When you say boot loop - please describe what you are seeing...

If you really want help, help others to help you...

(Moved to T100 help)
    Caster and leeshor like this.

PLEASE Search for existing threads before posting a new one. Thanks.

Your opinion matters. But should you disagree - please try not to be disagreeable

Forum guide - here ~~ T100 FAQs - here ~~ Cold boot - here

Adobe Flash Player & Browser Guide here

Master Help Guide - here ~~ FAQ malware - here ~~ FAQ e-reading - here
    Mobile OS devices personal pantheon...
    ANDROID: Doogee DG310; SGS; Huawei Y300; Motoroloa Xoom 2ME; Razr; Defy Mini; CnM Touchpad II;
    Asus TF101; Lenovo A1; Samsung Tab 2 7.0
    APPLE: iPhone 4s; iPhone 5c; iPhone 6; iPhone 7; iPad 3; iPad Mini 2; iPad Air 2 64gb
    CHROMEBOOK: HP 14-Q010sa Celeron 14 Inch 4GB 16GB Chromebook - White.

Starscream
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    255 times
    MarkYan, keep trying that's what I did and it happened with me too, no matter how many times, they will fail, they will eventually install . You gotta keep trying buddy!
    Proud Owner of Asus 100TA-DK024H, Asus ROG G750JZ, Asus TF700
    Use it daily, I get around 9-10 or more hours per charge daily - Bios 313 - Please use search in the forums, and refer to Guides under every section they are very helpful!
    Forum Rules - Wifi was Working - Now Disconnected? - Wifi Tips & Tricks
    Z3775 Graphics Card Driver Update/Details/Processor Details (How Much Mhz/VRAM does it have!)
    Android Master Help Guide - T100 Master Help Guide

Asus USA Social Media Team
    Member #
    Tablet
    Uncategorised
    Liked
    154 times
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkYan View Post
    it got like 30ish important updates and many of those failed on the update history. what can i do? should i just ignore em?? thanks
    MarkYan - We are sorry to hear about the difficulties you have been facing with installing Windows Updates. Are you still having this issue? If yes, try connecting with an Ethernet cable and attempt the updates again.

If you have any further questions, comments, or concerns please do not hesitate to let us know. We will be more than happy to assist you. Once again, thank you for choosing ASUS products and services.

Thank you,

-In Search of Incredible-

Technical Support Department
    ASUS :: ASUS Service | North America
    Asus USA is a social support channel for North American purchasers. UK users requiring warranty support should contact their retailer. For other geographic locations, please check your product documentation or the Asus website for your locality and follow the support section instructions.

Transformer Forums is a privately owned "user to user" forum and is not affiliated with ASUSTeK Computer Inc in any way.

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    3 times
    thanks for the advice everyone.

my model is T100TA=DB12T-CA got it a week ago.
    it was plugged into AC during the update was using wifi singal is perfect router is at the adjacent room. i will try with cable next time.

what i remember happened was after i did the auto update, window downloaded all the patches like 30ish and after it installs i rebooted and i got this screen saying "We couldn’t complete the updates, Undoing changes. Don’t turn off your computer" i waited for 20-30mins for that and it reboots again same message. sometimes if i am lucky i will get the login screen at which point i checked the update history showing more than half of the updates failed. After that i usually factory reset and start again.

what i finally did was install 1-2 patches at a time but i have yet to install 4 small ones the big one 429mb windows 8.1 update (kb2919355) research shows a lot of people are having a hard time installing the kb2919355 patch. i am not sure if i want to install that one because i have a very bad feeling it will cause a boot loop again which means i need to do the format reinstall again. my computer runs fine i dont notice anything weird so do you think i can leave some updates uninstalled? thanks again.
    Last edited by MarkYan; 02-05-2015 at 11:16 AM.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkYan View Post
    thanks for the advice everyone.

my model is T100TA=DB12T-CA got it a week ago.
    it was plugged into AC during the update was using wifi singal is perfect router is at the adjacent room. i will try with cable next time.

what i remember happened was after i did the auto update, window downloaded all the patches like 30ish and after it installs i rebooted and i got this screen saying "We couldnít complete the updates, Undoing changes. Donít turn off your computer" i waited for 20-30mins for that and it reboots again same message. sometimes if i am lucky i will get the login screen at which point i checked the update history showing more than half of the updates failed. After that i usually factory reset and start again.

what i finally did was install 1-2 patches at a time but i have yet to install 4 small ones the big one 429mb windows 8.1 update (kb2919355) research shows a lot of people are having a hard time installing the kb2919355 patch. i am not sure if i want to install that one because i have a very bad feeling it will cause a boot loop again which means i need to do the format reinstall again. my computer runs fine i dont notice anything weird so do you think i can leave some updates uninstalled? thanks again.
    Same here... VERY VERY ANNOYED really, I bought the tablet yesterday and what I am experiencing is just problem, planning to return it and get an Acer Switch 10, how on earth is possible that they cannot make a tablet that can install updates when they have been making PCs for year? On top of that if it fails the only solutions is reinstalling windows as it gets stuck.............

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    417 times
    Sometimes updates don't work the first time around. I believe in most cases, it's a case of an unstable wifi connection or user impatience.

Make sure you have a solid wifi connection (not Starbucks or McD's, etc.) and then check for and install updates. If some fail, just run the check for updates again. You may have to do this several times but eventually they'll all patch in. Be patient and let the process complete on its own. When updates fail, don't do a format/reinstall or you'll loose any gains made.

It's not advisable to ignore required or important updates. Optional updates are well... optional.
    Rick, loving my T100TA-C1-GR Z3740 64GB Win 10
    BIOS 314. All Windows updates except Bing. All Asus Live Updates. WIFI driver 5.93.99.210
    I get 8-12 hrs use per charge using SLEEP mode. Warning, NEVER calibrate the touchscreen.
    When posting for help, please include Your Model Particulars
    Casters T100 Master Help Guide

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links