Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    0 times

T100TAM missing drivers issue clean install of 8.1

Hi,

New user, new owner. Not being able to leave well enough alone, I used BackTracker to create a recovery USB for my brand new T100TAM. I installed ubuntu 14.04 to see how well it's supported on this device. Couldn't get a few devices going so I went to try to boot off the USB disk. Recovery stopped 1/2 way through saying the recovery image is corrupt . . . Oh well, always preferring a fresh install I got windows 8.1 x86 from MSDN and started down that route. Uneventful untill I get to the Drivers . . .

First issue off the bat is that my unit has Bios 2.05 and the Asus website lists the latest firmware as 2.04 leading me to belive that some production driver updates did not make it onto the support website.

In any case . . .

I have tried a dozen drivers from the AUSU site for each of the following 3 devices but they still don't work . . .
    Ambient Light Sensor, driver cannot start (maybe affecting issue with camera below)
    InvenSense Sensor, driver cannot start, STATUS_DEVICE_POWER_FAILURE The effect is that the screen does not rotate in tablet mode.

Intel Imaging Signal Processor 2400 apears to have the correct driver loaded, Camera.
    Launching the windows camera app it says there is something wrong with the camera, check the manuf website.
    In Skype however, the camera DOES see very, very bright objects like when I shine a flashlight directly into the lens.

Hoping that someone can point me in the right direction for drivers for this version or maybe someone with the same model would be kind enough to use BackTracker to save the drivers from the machine and post them??

I have a support request into ASUS but have not heard anything back yet.

Thanks for your time . . .
    Asus T100TAM-C12-GR
    Intel Atom Z3775 / 64 GB
    Bios 2.05
    Windows 8.1 ( Reinstalled Retail Version )

Starscream
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    255 times
    Welcome to the forums cluther12 .

It can get quite confusing, seeing Asus Live Updates and the support page states otherwise or vice versa. I would suggest following this approach and seeing you also have a case registered with Asus they will shed more on the same if unresolved,

1. Uninstall the following driver 'Capella Ambient Light Sensor' this is mainly working on your Ambient light sensor the other two doesn't apply and check the box, 'delete the driver downloaded' when uninstalling from your Device Manager,

2015-01-28 02_12_59-Device Manager.png

2. Uninstall the WebCam Imaging '2400' driver as well and check the box 'delete the driver downloaded' when uninstalling, it's been stated here in a couple of threads before, the one on the site especially for Imaging 2400, does not work properly, the one from Microsoft works just fine.

3. Download the following SOC drivers from Asus Support & Drivers Page and install the SOC Chipset Drivers assuming your 32bit as the TAM support site shows 64/32 bits both but if your 64bit, just change OS to 64bit and get V102 which is the only one available there, if your 32bit and can't install or there is an error with V112 below, go for the bottom one there which is V10E, but try the V112 first,

2015-01-28 02_14_57-ASUSTeK Computer Inc. -Support- Drivers and Download T100TA.png

4. Reboot the system and see if it makes a difference, try NOT to use/download any Asus Support drivers for 'Capella Ambient Light Sensor' & 'Intel Imaging Signal Processor 2400' and rely more on the Microsoft built-in ones if the ones on the site doesn't work, which you should get when you restart the system automatically. I use the ones coming from Microsoft as well for both of them, and it's working great, more over for specific drivers from Asus Support & Drivers such as above, it has been noticed they produce abnormal issues when installed.

Goodluck, hope it helps !
    Last edited by Caster; 01-27-2015 at 03:31 PM.
    rickscheller likes this.
    Proud Owner of Asus 100TA-DK024H, Asus ROG G750JZ, Asus TF700
    Use it daily, I get around 9-10 or more hours per charge daily - Bios 313 - Please use search in the forums, and refer to Guides under every section they are very helpful!
    Forum Rules - Wifi was Working - Now Disconnected? - Wifi Tips & Tricks
    Z3775 Graphics Card Driver Update/Details/Processor Details (How Much Mhz/VRAM does it have!)
    Android Master Help Guide - T100 Master Help Guide

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    0 times
    Thanks so much for the detailed post . . .

I've uninstalled the device and driver software for the three problem devices. Already did the chipset, both 112 and 10E. The 10E firmware logs alot of messages in its install log about not replacing newer versions so I'm not that concerned but to be sure, I installed 112 again.

The camera gets the ISP Camera Device from Windows update, its not recognized as a camera but shows up under other devices, now skype doesn't see it at all.

The Inverness sensor shows up as Unknown Device.

The Ambient light sensor shows up under sensors, but cannot start.

Capture.JPG

I feel really strongly that ASUS came up with a new bundle for this TAM model (which uses BIOS 2.05) but never updated their web site. ASUS support says to return it so they can re-flash the eMMC. I'm going to try to go back to the retails store and see if they will let me do a recovery backup and driver backup from the floor model. Otherwise I can simply return it and get a new one. Hopefully they will see the logic that if I do that, they will just get it back again

Thanks again and I'll post back with what happens next . . .
    Asus T100TAM-C12-GR
    Intel Atom Z3775 / 64 GB
    Bios 2.05
    Windows 8.1 ( Reinstalled Retail Version )

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    417 times
    I was prepping for a solo one week trip with my T100 on 12/26 to visit family and friends. I really wanted to use Skype while away so my wife could "Skype in" as I visited people. So, the last full week before Christmas holiday week, I got serious about setting up Skype to work on all our various devices. I got them all working great including the T100.

Wouldn't you know on 12/23, Windows update offered an update for the "Intel Imaging Signal Processor 2400" which broke the T100 camera function. When I launched Skype, an error message popped up and said something like "Please install a camera"... WHAT!!!!!

I immediately rolled back the "Intel Imaging Signal Processor 2400" driver and things worked properly again. When Windows foisted that update on me again, I right clicked and "hide" it.

My trip was great and my wife got to Skype over about 6 sessions (3 hrs total) with family and friends.

MS should be ashamed for sending out that update two days before Christmas. How many other people found their Skype broken at a critical Christmas holiday. And MS owns Skype too.
    Caster likes this.
    Rick, loving my T100TA-C1-GR Z3740 64GB Win 10
    BIOS 314. All Windows updates except Bing. All Asus Live Updates. WIFI driver 5.93.99.210
    I get 8-12 hrs use per charge using SLEEP mode. Warning, NEVER calibrate the touchscreen.
    When posting for help, please include Your Model Particulars
    Casters T100 Master Help Guide

Starscream
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    255 times
    Quote Originally Posted by cluther12 View Post
    Thanks so much for the detailed post . . .

I've uninstalled the device and driver software for the three problem devices. Already did the chipset, both 112 and 10E. The 10E firmware logs alot of messages in its install log about not replacing newer versions so I'm not that concerned but to be sure, I installed 112 again.

The camera gets the ISP Camera Device from Windows update, its not recognized as a camera but shows up under other devices, now skype doesn't see it at all.

The Inverness sensor shows up as Unknown Device.

The Ambient light sensor shows up under sensors, but cannot start.

Capture.JPG

I feel really strongly that ASUS came up with a new bundle for this TAM model (which uses BIOS 2.05) but never updated their web site. ASUS support says to return it so they can re-flash the eMMC. I'm going to try to go back to the retails store and see if they will let me do a recovery backup and driver backup from the floor model. Otherwise I can simply return it and get a new one. Hopefully they will see the logic that if I do that, they will just get it back again

Thanks again and I'll post back with what happens next . . .
    That's good to hear, if you can't get the V10E installed, don't bother V112 should have done the trick. However, do keep us posted on the outcome. As far as these components go, they might have trouble with certain drivers, hence you will need to Right Click your Device Manager and 'Scan for Hardware Changes' when you uninstall anything, to get an actual default MS driver downloaded, then notice the behavior in the long run.

For Bios, the site says 204, hence I can't comment much on that part, but as far as 205 goes, I think if yours came with 205 then it should be there but the T100TA Support page shows alot of BIOS drivers for various models 313, 227, 207 TAS, I think if you can see from my signature the 'T100 Master Help Guide' and see how to check your bios version? Maybe one of them will be good for you from T100TA page as both devices seem similar, but then I doubt that too. Or maybe Asus loaded the TA model 205 Bios on yours instead of that 204 TAM the page shows, which is not working correctly for yours? Only they can tell, quite confusing .

Keep us posted none the less, good luck !
    Proud Owner of Asus 100TA-DK024H, Asus ROG G750JZ, Asus TF700
    Use it daily, I get around 9-10 or more hours per charge daily - Bios 313 - Please use search in the forums, and refer to Guides under every section they are very helpful!
    Forum Rules - Wifi was Working - Now Disconnected? - Wifi Tips & Tricks
    Z3775 Graphics Card Driver Update/Details/Processor Details (How Much Mhz/VRAM does it have!)
    Android Master Help Guide - T100 Master Help Guide

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links