Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Uni supplied BIOS protected TF100 - can I wipe & install fresh Win 8?

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    0 times
    Guyz, our IT department is full of dumb guyz, don't give them more credit than they deserve, I'm sure they left a lot of gaping hole because they too underestimate my student powers , I need to try stuff, tell me how to start! I'm familiar with PC, did so many windows installs on my computer, up to windows 7, I'm not familiar with this transformer book or windows 8 however, that's the problem! can you plz tell me how to bring the boot device menu while starting up? and how to check if I have a built in restore?

P.S. I also fear that they might spying on me, the camera light flashes every time i restart or shut down, is it a routine flash that has nothing to do with the camera?

Thank you.
    Last edited by UnD3R0aTh; 01-26-2015 at 08:25 PM.

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    419 times
    Please don't be offended but it's really hard to take you seriously. Everything you're asking "how to do" is well documented in these forums. You just need to do a little searching. The purpose of the light next to the camera is well documented too but if you're paranoid about "them watching you"... as suggested in these forums a piece of tape works wonders. Seriously

To reset your entire system (assuming your school hasn't altered the recovery partition), search on "remove" then select "Remove everything and reinstall Windows".
    Caster likes this.
    Rick, loving my T100TA-C1-GR Z3740 64GB Win 10
    BIOS 314. All Windows updates except Bing. All Asus Live Updates. WIFI driver 5.93.99.210
    I get 8-12 hrs use per charge using SLEEP mode. Warning, NEVER calibrate the touchscreen.
    When posting for help, please include Your Model Particulars
    Casters T100 Master Help Guide

Starscream
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    255 times
    I completely agree with Rick above, If you know about Windows 7, it's basically similar not much has changed apart from the GUI in Windows 8.1, however the 'ESC' key during boot will bring up the Boot Selection Menu. For recovery if they haven't altered, Move mouse all the way to the right for Charms bar > Settings > Change PC Settings > Update & Recovery > Recovery > Remove everything and reinstall Windows, in the Recovery menu you will have all what you need.

My second post on this thread, covers all your other questions with direct links to the threads in a nutshell too to get you started, again as I said before, you need to read and go through those links with what people have done to understand better which will help you and lastly use search it's the best tool on these forums.
    rickscheller likes this.
    Proud Owner of Asus 100TA-DK024H, Asus ROG G750JZ, Asus TF700
    Use it daily, I get around 9-10 or more hours per charge daily - Bios 313 - Please use search in the forums, and refer to Guides under every section they are very helpful!
    Forum Rules - Wifi was Working - Now Disconnected? - Wifi Tips & Tricks
    Z3775 Graphics Card Driver Update/Details/Processor Details (How Much Mhz/VRAM does it have!)
    Android Master Help Guide - T100 Master Help Guide

Shockwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    163 times
    One of the big changes from Win7 to Win8 is the OS support for portable devices, which includes having some "Reset" recovery options which is exactly what you need right now.

What you're looking to access is the "Advanced Startup Options". You indicated earlier, you don't have admin rights, which probably means you might not be able to access the Advanced Startup Options screen once you're logged in.

No problem. Here's 6 methods to access the "Advanced Startup Options" and once you're there, you can perform a reset which uses the T100's built in recovery partition to reset the PC to a Factory state, as if you just purchased the T100. Some of these methods include not having to log in.

How To Access Advanced Startup Options in Windows 8 or 8.1

I believe you can use Method #1. Where on the Login Screen there is a Power button on the lower right of the touch screen. If you press and hold the Power button, you will see the "Restart" option appear.

I also believe you may be able to press and hold the "F9" and then Press the Power Hard button to boot and it will bring you into the Advanced startup as well. This is specific to Asus devices.

Even if you fail to startup properly a couple times in a row, as in boot up, then hold your power button down to force a shut down, then Win8 will boot you into the advanced startup options screen.

So there's a lot of ways to get there, but that's what you're looking for "Advanced Startup Options".

Once you're in advanced start up press Troubleshoot -> Reset Your PC.
    Last edited by Rednroll; 01-28-2015 at 06:28 AM.
    Transformer Book T100TA (T100TA-C1-GR,CPU:Baytrail Z3740 1.3Ghz,64GB,BIOS:313,WIN 8.1)
    Transformer Pad TF701t (K00C,CPU:Tegra 4 1.9Ghz,32GB,Android 4.4.2)
    Transform Pad TF103CE (CPU: Baytrail-T Z3745 1.33Ghz,16GB,Android 5.0)
    (4)MeMO Pad HD7 (ME173X/ME173L,CPU:MediaTek MT8125 1.2GHz,16/8GB,Android 4.2.2)
    Ultrabook 15.6 (N53SN,CPU:Core i7-2630QM 2.0Ghz,750GB,Win7 Ult 64bit)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links