Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    0 times

T100 won't read microSD card

Hi. I'm running Win 8.1 on a T100.

When I put a microSD card into the microSD card slot, the computer won't recognize it at all. Nothing happens, no error message. I've tried this with three different cards and got nothing.

However, when I put the cards into a USB card reader, the computer has no problem reading them.

Any ideas on how to fix this? TIA

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    419 times
    So if you look in My Computer, the microSD doesn't show as drive D:...?
    Rick, loving my T100TA-C1-GR Z3740 64GB Win 10
    BIOS 314. All Windows updates except Bing. All Asus Live Updates. WIFI driver 5.93.99.210
    I get 8-12 hrs use per charge using SLEEP mode. Warning, NEVER calibrate the touchscreen.
    When posting for help, please include Your Model Particulars
    Casters T100 Master Help Guide

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    0 times
    The drive doesn't show up at all.

Starscream
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    255 times
    Happened to me with my new 128 GB cards, make sure the card is properly in, then right click 'Start' button > Device Manager > Right Click your PC name in the top and 'Scan for hardware changes', you will see it pop up as detected and it will appear under 'My Computer' too .

Also let us know what type of card this is brand, make, model, maybe this one is one of those which isn't supported.
    Proud Owner of Asus 100TA-DK024H, Asus ROG G750JZ, Asus TF700
    Use it daily, I get around 9-10 or more hours per charge daily - Bios 313 - Please use search in the forums, and refer to Guides under every section they are very helpful!
    Forum Rules - Wifi was Working - Now Disconnected? - Wifi Tips & Tricks
    Z3775 Graphics Card Driver Update/Details/Processor Details (How Much Mhz/VRAM does it have!)
    Android Master Help Guide - T100 Master Help Guide

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    0 times
    This is weird:

I put a Kingston 4 GB card in and the computer didn't see it. I put a Kingston 8 GB card in and it was recognized. Then I tried a 16 gB Sandisk and it didn't show up. Then a 32 GB Sandisk and it did show up.

Then I put the Kingston 4 GB card back in and it showed up. All the cards showed up.

I guess I have an intermittent problem. Sometimes it reads and sometimes it doesn't.

Starscream
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    255 times
    Quote Originally Posted by BuzzB View Post
    This is weird:

I put a Kingston 4 GB card in and the computer didn't see it. I put a Kingston 8 GB card in and it was recognized. Then I tried a 16 gB Sandisk and it didn't show up. Then a 32 GB Sandisk and it did show up.

Then I put the Kingston 4 GB card back in and it showed up. All the cards showed up.

I guess I have an intermittent problem. Sometimes it reads and sometimes it doesn't.
    If this is the case, and it works and doesn't, I would ask you to go for repair on this or replacement, as it can become quite tedious in the long run. I have tried alot of cards in my built-in card reader from 8 GB, 128 and 32, 64, 128 GB different brands, Ultra/Extreme/Pro and all seem to work fine. If there was something with the card not working or it's file system, it should simply not work, instead of working once and not working later on .
    rickscheller likes this.
    Proud Owner of Asus 100TA-DK024H, Asus ROG G750JZ, Asus TF700
    Use it daily, I get around 9-10 or more hours per charge daily - Bios 313 - Please use search in the forums, and refer to Guides under every section they are very helpful!
    Forum Rules - Wifi was Working - Now Disconnected? - Wifi Tips & Tricks
    Z3775 Graphics Card Driver Update/Details/Processor Details (How Much Mhz/VRAM does it have!)
    Android Master Help Guide - T100 Master Help Guide

Asus USA Social Media Team
    Member #
    Tablet
    Uncategorised
    Liked
    154 times
    Quote Originally Posted by BuzzB View Post
    Hi. I'm running Win 8.1 on a T100.

When I put a microSD card into the microSD card slot, the computer won't recognize it at all. Nothing happens, no error message. I've tried this with three different cards and got nothing.

However, when I put the cards into a USB card reader, the computer has no problem reading them.

Any ideas on how to fix this? TIA
    BuzzB - We are really sorry to hear that you're having this issue with your T100 reading a micro SD card. We would love to assist you in getting this resolved. Please send us an email at socialsupportus@asus.com. Within this email kindly include your T100's serial number and a detailed explanation of the issue(when it started, etc).
    Asus USA is a social support channel for North American purchasers. UK users requiring warranty support should contact their retailer. For other geographic locations, please check your product documentation or the Asus website for your locality and follow the support section instructions.

Transformer Forums is a privately owned "user to user" forum and is not affiliated with ASUSTeK Computer Inc in any way.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links