Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    0 times

T100TA: Touchscreen stopped working after update

Hi all-

After what seems to be a auto-update restart, my son's T100 lost a lot of functionality, including touchscreen capability.

The only place where I can find a way to turn the touchscreen on and off in Windows 8.1 is in Device Manager, under Human Interface. But, when I go into Device Manager, I cannot find anything related to the touchscreen under Human Interface.

I am suspecting that, somehow, these drivers got wiped out by the latest update. But i am wondering if, possibly, I am being misled by a less than obvious name for the drivers. Or, possibly, I should look under some other section? I browsed around but could not find anything obvious.

In the ASUS support site, I cannot find a download that directly relates to the touchscreen either. As a note, the device also lost the network drivers, and appears to have other corrupted drivers as well, as I mentioned in another thread. Given the fact that I have already found a lot of system corruption, I am wondering if trying to solve specific driver issues is even the right method, or if I would possibly need to reinstall everything, from BIOS to the whole OS.

I am not quite sure where to go with this - thankful for any hints!

Guide Guru & Forum Administrator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Chromebook
    Liked
    2824 times
    Welcome to the forum

Having read both your posts (I have moved the network card one into the thread you referenced in it) I think one of two options is likely.
    Either you have a "lemon" and your device is generally faulty & needs replacing under warranty/retailer support or, more likely, Windows has gone fubar on you.

I think, if I were you, I would bite the bullet & do a full ground up rebuild on the device including the BIOS and then see what happens.

On a forum protocol note, given that your difficulties are almost guaranteed to be related to each other, could you restrict your posts & discussion on it to either this one thread, or by posting in existing threads please. It is not helpful to you or us to have a lot of individual threads from one member on related issues with the one device. Thanks for understanding.

Good luck with your device
    Caster likes this.

PLEASE Search for existing threads before posting a new one. Thanks.

Your opinion matters. But should you disagree - please try not to be disagreeable

Forum guide - here ~~ T100 FAQs - here ~~ Cold boot - here

Adobe Flash Player & Browser Guide here

Master Help Guide - here ~~ FAQ malware - here ~~ FAQ e-reading - here
    Mobile OS devices personal pantheon...
    ANDROID: Doogee DG310; SGS; Huawei Y300; Motoroloa Xoom 2ME; Razr; Defy Mini; CnM Touchpad II;
    Asus TF101; Lenovo A1; Samsung Tab 2 7.0
    APPLE: iPhone 4s; iPhone 5c; iPhone 6; iPhone 7; iPad 3; iPad Mini 2; iPad Air 2 64gb
    CHROMEBOOK: HP 14-Q010sa Celeron 14 Inch 4GB 16GB Chromebook - White.

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    416 times
    If your problems started after a Windows update, go in to Windows update and uninstall the most recent update(s).
    fiat_lux likes this.
    Rick, loving my T100TA-C1-GR Z3740 64GB Win 10
    BIOS 314. All Windows updates except Bing. All Asus Live Updates. WIFI driver 5.93.99.210
    I get 8-12 hrs use per charge using SLEEP mode. Warning, NEVER calibrate the touchscreen.
    When posting for help, please include Your Model Particulars
    Casters T100 Master Help Guide

Starscream
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    103 times
    A little early to be thinking about rebuilding the system. Check to see if all updates were installed correctly. Also, you might try to go back to a restore point where the device was working correctly if you have one. Consider manually installing updates. It is so important for them to complete correctly, go through the rebooting process, and not lose power. I usually babysit all of mine, LOL.
    rickscheller likes this.

Asus USA Social Media Team
    Member #
    Tablet
    Uncategorised
    Liked
    154 times
    Quote Originally Posted by camisdad View Post
    Hi all-

After what seems to be a auto-update restart, my son's T100 lost a lot of functionality, including touchscreen capability.

The only place where I can find a way to turn the touchscreen on and off in Windows 8.1 is in Device Manager, under Human Interface. But, when I go into Device Manager, I cannot find anything related to the touchscreen under Human Interface.

I am suspecting that, somehow, these drivers got wiped out by the latest update. But i am wondering if, possibly, I am being misled by a less than obvious name for the drivers. Or, possibly, I should look under some other section? I browsed around but could not find anything obvious.

In the ASUS support site, I cannot find a download that directly relates to the touchscreen either. As a note, the device also lost the network drivers, and appears to have other corrupted drivers as well, as I mentioned in another thread. Given the fact that I have already found a lot of system corruption, I am wondering if trying to solve specific driver issues is even the right method, or if I would possibly need to reinstall everything, from BIOS to the whole OS.

I am not quite sure where to go with this - thankful for any hints!

camisdad - Hi, we're really sorry to hear that you're having this issue with your notebook and would love to see how best we can assist with this. We suggest that you try a reset to resolve the issues that you are experiencing. A reset would re-install the OS which would fix the problem you're having with the drivers for the network adapter and touchscreen issue.

To have a system reset done for your operating system, proceed with the following steps please
    (IMPORTANT: Please be advised that all personal data will be lost after performing these steps. Backing up personal data is strongly recommended before performing a reset):

Step 1: Press Windows Key + I to enter charm settings >
    Step 2: Click "Change PC Settings" >
    Step 3: Click "Update & Recovery" >
    Step 4: Click "Recovery" >
    Step 5: Select "Remove everything and re-install Windows" and click "Get Started" >
    Step 6: Select "Fully clean the drive" and not "Just remove my files" >
    Step 7: Click "Reset" and continue

I should advise you that this reset process may take upwards of an hour for completion. Please ensure to keep the unit on the charger during this process. If you encounter any further issues after the reset is complete, you may contact us at socialsupportus@asus.com.

If you have any further questions, comments, or concerns please do not hesitate to let us know. We will be more than happy to assist you. Once again, thank you for choosing ASUS products and services.

Thank you,

-In Search of Incredible-

Technical Support Department
    ASUS :: http://service.asus.com/
    janner43 likes this.
    Asus USA is a social support channel for North American purchasers. UK users requiring warranty support should contact their retailer. For other geographic locations, please check your product documentation or the Asus website for your locality and follow the support section instructions.

Transformer Forums is a privately owned "user to user" forum and is not affiliated with ASUSTeK Computer Inc in any way.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    0 times

Touchscreen working after hotfix install

Just registered to the forum to share the solution that worked for me.
    After the reinstall of windows 8.1 the touchscreen and soundcard were not working.
    I downloaded the hotfix drivers 'Intel_SOC_Driver_Package Intel official driver updates' from the ASUS support website.

Restarted the computer and the touchscreen and soundcard worked again.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    0 times
    Help Hkoops, which version of the Intel_SOC_Driver_Package Intel official driver updates did you download? Also, do you have a precise idea about which driver is managing the touchscreen? Since I mupdated too Windows 10 then downgraded back to Windows 8.1 my touchscreen has been erratic.
    Thanks for helping.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links