Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: [SOLVED] T100TA Network Card Failure?

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    0 times
    Yes. The exact procedure was as follows:
    Device Manager -> Uninstall Broadcom Adapter (checking the box deleting driver for the device) , same for bcmfn2 -> Restart
    Right now if I go to Device Manager and try to uninstall there is no check box for deleting driver.
    Also I have removed any Broadcom Adapter listing from Programs and Features.
    Also if I try to manually install/update the drivers using the ones from the ASUS website, I get a message "Windows have found drivers for your device but encountered an error trying to install them." and I get the classic error code 10 (cannot start the device).
    Last edited by jan10; 03-26-2015 at 06:16 AM.

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    415 times
    Thanks... I wasn't clear if you'd done both in the same step...

That certainly makes it sound like a hardware failure but I'll let Caster continue down his path of helping you.

Good luck.
    Rick, loving my T100TA-C1-GR Z3740 64GB Win 10
    BIOS 314. All Windows updates except Bing. All Asus Live Updates. WIFI driver 5.93.99.210
    I get 8-12 hrs use per charge using SLEEP mode. Warning, NEVER calibrate the touchscreen.
    When posting for help, please include Your Model Particulars
    Casters T100 Master Help Guide

Starscream
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    252 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jan10 View Post
    Yes. The exact procedure was as follows:
    Device Manager -> Uninstall Broadcom Adapter (checking the box deleting driver for the device) , same for bcmfn2 -> Restart
    Right now if I go to Device Manager and try to uninstall there is no check box for deleting driver.
    Also I have removed any Broadcom Adapter listing from Programs and Features.
    Also if I try to manually install/update the drivers using the ones from the ASUS website, I get a message "Windows have found drivers for your device but encountered an error trying to install them." and I get the classic error code 10 (cannot start the device).
    I doubt the guide posted will work in your case as your case is different then the ones the OP/users had, this looks to me like a hardware issue as well, last resort you can try, go to start and search for 'Remove Everything and Reinstall Windows', the 2nd option, take a backup of your files if there are any. If you still have an issue after this, then definitely this is a hardware related issue and not a software one.

Before attempting the last resort option, try this driver, don't uninstall anything, simply install it on the previous existing installations, its the T100 Chi wifi driver which I use as well, expand Wireless then download it, give it a shot you never know, it might work.

http://support.asus.com/download.asp...FbJFp0VNdPFKqP

Goodluck!
    Last edited by Caster; 03-26-2015 at 07:46 AM.
    Swipe likes this.
    Proud Owner of Asus 100TA-DK024H, Asus ROG G750JZ, Asus TF700
    Use it daily, I get around 9-10 or more hours per charge daily - Bios 313 - Please use search in the forums, and refer to Guides under every section they are very helpful!
    Forum Rules - Wifi was Working - Now Disconnected? - Wifi Tips & Tricks
    Z3775 Graphics Card Driver Update/Details/Processor Details (How Much Mhz/VRAM does it have!)
    Android Master Help Guide - T100 Master Help Guide

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    0 times
    Thanks for your help, maybe I'll try the last resort later and I'll post my findings! First I want to open again the tablet and check if something's wrong that I can see. Do you know maybe which of all these on my board is the network card??!

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    415 times
    It won't be a "network card" in the classic sense... but rather a leaded chip soldered to the mobo.

My guess is somewhere on (or off) the mobo is the metal strip (?) that makes the "wifi antenna" and you've failed to get that reconnected.

Or that last part about the antenna could be wrong?
    BIOS 314. All Windows updates except Bing. All Asus Live Updates. WIFI driver 5.93.99.210
    I get 8-12 hrs use per charge using SLEEP mode. Warning, NEVER calibrate the touchscreen.

Starscream
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    252 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jan10 View Post
    Thanks for your help, maybe I'll try the last resort later and I'll post my findings! First I want to open again the tablet and check if something's wrong that I can see. Do you know maybe which of all these on my board is the network card??!
    Not really sure where and all to be exact, cause I haven't opened one up myself yet, but the chip should also mention something like broadcom and such, soldered on the board, if I were you I would follow a tutorial on youtube or so, whereby I can see and relate to what all I did when replacing the screen and trace back to seeing if I missed something during that or slipped something else, if not then you might definitely need the help of Asus in fixing it for you.

Here's a look at some proper teardown guides of the T100, maybe they can help/assist (great guides to assist and giving some info),
    https://www.ifixit.com/Device/Asus_Transformer_T100

Here's a look at all? the parts (dis-assembly of the T100) with titles, an excellent video to get some more inside input or an idea of a T100 components whereabouts?,

Goodluck & All the best !
    Proud Owner of Asus 100TA-DK024H, Asus ROG G750JZ, Asus TF700
    Use it daily, I get around 9-10 or more hours per charge daily - Bios 313 - Please use search in the forums, and refer to Guides under every section they are very helpful!
    Forum Rules - Wifi was Working - Now Disconnected? - Wifi Tips & Tricks
    Z3775 Graphics Card Driver Update/Details/Processor Details (How Much Mhz/VRAM does it have!)
    Android Master Help Guide - T100 Master Help Guide

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    415 times
    Snipped a pic of a frame in that video. Take a look at the black wire soldered to the trace at the lower left corner of the BT/wifi chip.

wifi_wire.JPG

That possibly has something to do with the antenna connection... check that wire and where it goes.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Caster View Post
    Welcome to the forums Benjiman .

Can you provide some more details as to when this issue started in your case? Many people have different issues leading to this and all cases might not contradict to one another, did your device had any automatic windows updates done? When was the last time this was working? Looking at your case, the UART Bus Enumerator has an exclamation is also similar but does it state (Device cannot start - Code 10) in device manager?, which the OP had in this thread and was fixed when he simply followed steps 1-2 from my first post top. Try to download the SOC as stated in steps 1-2 and then just do a simple restart and give your feedback here, instead of following the rest of the steps.

The more details we know the easier it will be to help you

Hi Caster,

My notebook somehow started getting internet again after my previous post and then the issue came back and I haven't had internet for 4 months now . So the issue has been pretty much on and off. I don't know about automatic updates. But I guess this is irrelevant now as I reset the computer to factory settings today, the result of wich is I still have the same issue, namely UART Bus Enumerator is still flagged and yes it is code 10 error. I downloaded the SOC package and restarted but to no avail.

Any idea as to what may be the problem? Do you need any more information?

Thanks

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    0 times
    I guess I should add this: It seems that after following your steps I get a new message when trying to trouble shoot: "windows did not detect a properly installed network adapter. If you have a network adapter, you will need to re-install the driver". Of course this is all greek to me .

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    415 times
    Search for "device manager" then see if your Broadcom device is listed under "Network Adapter" see pic.

network_adapter.JPG

Does it have an ! in a yellow triangle? If it does or not, right click the device and select uninstall, check to uninstall driver too.

Power cycle your T100. Did that fix it?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links