Thread: Unresponsive touchscreen

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    1 times

Unresponsive touchscreen

My T100TAM is afflicted with a periodically unresponsive touchscreen. When I power it up, sometimes the screen will work, sometimes not. Downloading drivers from the ASUS site will get it working again (for a while); doing the RESET also will return the touchscreen function for a while. It has been back to ASUS twice and still has the same problem. Anyone else with this issue? Hints on resolving it?

Thanks,
    John

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    0 times
    Hi John,

I have/had the same problem with a T100TAM i just got. Everything was fine for a few days and then all of a sudden it started acting up yesterday. Working fine one startup, shutting it don, and then a hour later starting it up, without a working touchscreen. All i could find about the problem was this topic, so i did some more searching (instead of sending it back to Asus, which didn't work in your case).

I noticed that under device manager -> Human Interface Devices that there was a problem with the "I2C HID-Device". Some kind of hardware problem preventing the device from working and therefore disabled by Windows. After doing a repair installation of the Asus ATK Package and a reboot, it works fine again (problem is also gone in device manager) but after a few reboots the problem returns.

I think i traced it down to a optional Windows update i installed just before the problems started. The update is called: "Capella Microsystems - Light Sensor - Capella Micro CM3218x Ambient Light Sensor". I thought it couldn't do much harm but now i'm not so sure. After some research i found out that the Asus ATK Package a collection of drivers is, including those for the Touchscreen, Touchpad, Function keys and the Light Sensor. I have a hunch that the updated Light Sensor driver may have created a conflict in the ATK package causing a problem with the Touchscreen initialisation. I un-installed the Capella driver (in Device manager of Windows under Sensors, right click on the Capella light sensor and then select Uninstall), did one last Repair installation of the APK package, rebooted and thusfar no more problems. The optional update for the Capella light sensor is also back in the Windows Update screen, so i know for sure that it's not installed anymore.

Maybe the problems with return, but i've left it on, power save mode, rebooted it, turned it off and on and even left it off for an hour or so before turning it on. The problem hasn't come back. Hopefully it wont be back.

Perhaps this will help you, and other people who found this topic as well with the same problem. I'll keep this topic updated in case the problem comes back (or if it stays fixed).

Kind regards

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    0 times
    Just a small update, it's been serveral days and even though I intensively used the T100TAM, i've not had any touchscreen issues since uninstalling the aforementioned Windows update. I'll declare my problems fixed, hopefully it also works for you John.

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    415 times
    @Voyager_sput... take a look through your Windows update history and see if there are any that show "failed" that don't then show "successful" at a some later date.

I'm thinking you had a failed update prior to the date that the "Capella Microsystems - Light Sensor - Capella Micro CM3218x Ambient Light Sensor" was installed that caused it to mess up your touchscreen.
    Caster likes this.
    Rick, loving my T100TA-C1-GR Z3740 64GB Win 10
    BIOS 314. All Windows updates except Bing. All Asus Live Updates. WIFI driver 5.93.99.210
    I get 8-12 hrs use per charge using SLEEP mode. Warning, NEVER calibrate the touchscreen.
    When posting for help, please include Your Model Particulars
    Casters T100 Master Help Guide

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    0 times
    Nope, no failed updates, everyting updated smoothly. Was one of the first things I checked at the time.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    0 times

Thank you but new hurdle....

Quote Originally Posted by Voyager_sput View Post
    Just a small update, it's been serveral days and even though I intensively used the T100TAM, i've not had any touchscreen issues since uninstalling the aforementioned Windows update. I'll declare my problems fixed, hopefully it also works for you John.
    Thank you for the detailed explanation Voyager. I had the same problem and with your detailed description I was able to fix my touch screen problem. Now I seem to have the problem of the capella driver reinstalling itself. Do you know how I can prevent this from continually happening?

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    0 times
    I updated my transformer book to windows 10 and now my touch, speakers, mic won't work plz can anyone tell me how to fix it

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    415 times
    Quote Originally Posted by wenurakolitha View Post
    I updated my transformer book to windows 10 and now my touch, speakers, mic won't work plz can anyone tell me how to fix it
    Install the latest ATK driver from Asus support.
    BIOS 314. All Windows updates except Bing. All Asus Live Updates. WIFI driver 5.93.99.210
    I get 8-12 hrs use per charge using SLEEP mode. Warning, NEVER calibrate the touchscreen.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TAM
    Liked
    1 times

Unhappy After Windows 10 Install

Quote Originally Posted by rickscheller View Post
    Install the latest ATK driver from Asus support.
    I agree with all those who have complained about losing functionality of the touchscreen after a certain optional update from MS pertaining to the "Capella Microsystems - Light Sensor - Capella Micro CM3218x Ambient Light Sensor". I had gone in and uninstalled this update when I first had a problem with the touchscreen not working. Fast forward a year later with free upgrade to Windows 10 and guess what, the same problem again with the touch screen failing to work every time I close the and re-open the lid on the darn thing. Disable and re-enable the i2c HID driver and then everything is fine again. This is not related to the power saver settings because I tried setting the lid to do nothing upon closing and any other settings that may impact a return from "sleep or hibernate" mode of operation. So far the only solution is to shutdown the touchpad after each use and when restarting is completed everything works fine. Not really a good solution since it takes longer to boot up. Anyone out there have a solution short of going back to Windows 8.1 after installing Windows 10 to correct this problem? All ready tried the ATK driver package and the Windows 10 device manage indicates that there is already a superior driver for this and that function. UGH!

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    415 times
    Welcome Techman...

Your post covers a lot of topic, so to get to the heart of the issue, I need .some clarification.

Is your issue with the touchscreen or the touchpad?

How did you perform the Win 10 upgrade? Was it through the Win 8.1 update function or through using the MediaCreationTool?

The Cappella light sensor should have no affect on touch but rather on auto adjustment of screen brightness.

Did you go into programs and uninstall the current ATK package before installing the Win 10 ATK package?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links