Thread: my asus transformer book T100TA has problems when booting

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    1 times

my asus transformer book T100TA has problems when booting

Hello. The problem I' ve started to have frequently with my Asus Transformer Book T100TA is that there are times when it doesn't boot. The process starts, the Asus logo appears and then, only a black screen that stays like that forever. All I can do is to force a shutdown using the power button and try again, but the same thing could also happen on the second or third try. Other times, after the Asus logo appears, it simply shuts down.
    Is there something I can do?
    I would be grateful for any suggestion might help me, because apart from that, it's working just fine...

Guide Guru & Forum Administrator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Chromebook
    Liked
    2825 times
    Welcome to the forum

I will move your thread for you to our T100 Help section as you posted it in the Android Tablet General Discussion section

Please could you update your post in line with the following request made to every member starting a new thread for the T100. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by janner43 View Post
    We now have some experience in dealing with all the different models that are available in the T100 model range. Because of the number of models there are, please ensure that all new threads are posted with the following information either...
    • in your forum signature (remembering the 5 line signature maximum), or
    • in the opening paragraph of the first post.

• Model number - eg T100TAS, T100TAM or whatever...
    • CPU - eg Z3740 or Z3775 or whatever...
    • Size of memory - 32Gb, 64Gb, 500Gb HDD in dock or whatever...
    • System BIOS number
    • Windows version
    • Location (USA, Canada, UK, Australia etc.) to assist in recommendations for accessories, for example.

Posts that do not follow this protocol will not get the answers you are looking for and may even be ignored by other forum members as correct answers to questions and any advice offered, will be predicated upon that essential information that is listed above.

PLEASE Search for existing threads before posting a new one. Thanks.

Your opinion matters. But should you disagree - please try not to be disagreeable

Forum guide - here ~~ T100 FAQs - here ~~ Cold boot - here

Adobe Flash Player & Browser Guide here

Master Help Guide - here ~~ FAQ malware - here ~~ FAQ e-reading - here
    Mobile OS devices personal pantheon...
    ANDROID: Doogee DG310; SGS; Huawei Y300; Motoroloa Xoom 2ME; Razr; Defy Mini; CnM Touchpad II;
    Asus TF101; Lenovo A1; Samsung Tab 2 7.0
    APPLE: iPhone 4s; iPhone 5c; iPhone 6; iPhone 7; iPad 3; iPad Mini 2; iPad Air 2 64gb
    CHROMEBOOK: HP 14-Q010sa Celeron 14 Inch 4GB 16GB Chromebook - White.

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    417 times
    I can take a guess... you're not at latest BIOS 313?

Plug into power and...
    Run Asus Live Update and install any recommended updates including BIOS.
    Run Windows update and install any recommended updates.
    Rick, loving my T100TA-C1-GR Z3740 64GB Win 10
    BIOS 314. All Windows updates except Bing. All Asus Live Updates. WIFI driver 5.93.99.210
    I get 8-12 hrs use per charge using SLEEP mode. Warning, NEVER calibrate the touchscreen.
    When posting for help, please include Your Model Particulars
    Casters T100 Master Help Guide

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    1 times
    Thank you for answering me. I have already installed all that Asus Live Update recommended, including the Bios version which is 304 and the programme says "Your computer is up to date". There's no 313 option...yet. Same thing with windows updates.
    TF Book Gray t100ta-dk003h Z3740 64GB
    Bios 304
    Windows 8.1

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    417 times
    304 was a solid BIOS. Perhaps look through your Windows update history and see if any updates show "failed". Make a note of the KB# of any that have failed and look at subsequent dated updates for a successful update for those failed KB#s.
    BIOS 314. All Windows updates except Bing. All Asus Live Updates. WIFI driver 5.93.99.210
    I get 8-12 hrs use per charge using SLEEP mode. Warning, NEVER calibrate the touchscreen.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    1 times
    Just a few hours before you asked me about Bios, I had installed 304 (the previous one was 227). Soon after that, black screen again, but since then, everything has been working fine. Hopefully that was the solution to get rid of the problem!?! I've waited 2 days to post this, just to make sure it's for real
    Thank you!
    TF Book Gray t100ta-dk003h Z3740 64GB
    Bios 304
    Windows 8.1

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    417 times
    Some folks, including me, had stability issues with BIOS 227 and several other 2XX versions.

All the 3XX BIOS versions have been stable.

Hopefully your device will fare as well.

Asus USA Social Media Team
    Member #
    Tablet
    Uncategorised
    Liked
    154 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Simona_p View Post
    Hello. The problem I' ve started to have frequently with my Asus Transformer Book T100TA is that there are times when it doesn't boot. The process starts, the Asus logo appears and then, only a black screen that stays like that forever. All I can do is to force a shutdown using the power button and try again, but the same thing could also happen on the second or third try. Other times, after the Asus logo appears, it simply shuts down.
    Is there something I can do?
    I would be grateful for any suggestion might help me, because apart from that, it's working just fine...

Simona_p - Hey, we're sorry to hear that you're having this issue and would love to assist in resolving it. Please email us at socialsupportus@asus.com with more details on the issue, your serial number and contact information.

Thank you.
    Asus USA is a social support channel for North American purchasers. UK users requiring warranty support should contact their retailer. For other geographic locations, please check your product documentation or the Asus website for your locality and follow the support section instructions.

Transformer Forums is a privately owned "user to user" forum and is not affiliated with ASUSTeK Computer Inc in any way.

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    417 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Asus_USA View Post
    Simona_p - Hey, we're sorry to hear that you're having this issue and would love to assist in resolving it. Please email us at socialsupportus@asus.com with more details on the issue, your serial number and contact information.

Thank you.
    Asus_USA... first, thank you so much for popping into this thread.

However, IMHO, even though I really appreciate seeing an Asus rep show up in these forums, this online community has learned over time (with the T100) to be a DIY community. For you to intervene with a solution of "taking it offline" to provide support kind of goes against that DIY philosophy. Many other folks here have and continue to have similar issues, so it helps the entire community to learn the experiences of resolving these issues.

As an Asus rep, what would really help us all is to make running Asus Live Update an accurate and timely tool for the T100. So many times simply updating the BIOS and drivers fixes many, many issues... it's that simple.
    Also, Windows update is fraught with pit falls because during certain parts of the update, the T100 screen will go black and if the user isn't aware and is anxious, they may force a power off at a critical time and cause unintentional damage to the OS of their device.

THANK YOU

Asus USA Social Media Team
    Member #
    Tablet
    Uncategorised
    Liked
    154 times
    Quote Originally Posted by rickscheller View Post
    Asus_USA... first, thank you so much for popping into this thread.

However, IMHO, even though I really appreciate seeing an Asus rep show up in these forums, this online community has learned over time (with the T100) to be a DIY community. For you to intervene with a solution of "taking it offline" to provide support kind of goes against that DIY philosophy. Many other folks here have and continue to have similar issues, so it helps the entire community to learn the experiences of resolving these issues.

As an Asus rep, what would really help us all is to make running Asus Live Update an accurate and timely tool for the T100. So many times simply updating the BIOS and drivers fixes many, many issues... it's that simple.
    Also, Windows update is fraught with pit falls because during certain parts of the update, the T100 screen will go black and if the user isn't aware and is anxious, they may force a power off at a critical time and cause unintentional damage to the OS of their device.

THANK YOU

rickscheller - Hey thank you so much for your feedback. However, as all issues are not the same we would like to troubleshoot this before we actually post the solution to the problem. Once we have resolved this issue it will definitely be posted so that all our customers will be able to benefit from this procedure.

We thank you for the interest and we are here to assist.
    rickscheller and Swipe like this.
    Asus USA is a social support channel for North American purchasers. UK users requiring warranty support should contact their retailer. For other geographic locations, please check your product documentation or the Asus website for your locality and follow the support section instructions.

Transformer Forums is a privately owned "user to user" forum and is not affiliated with ASUSTeK Computer Inc in any way.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links