AFX
    Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    15 times
    here is some information i have gathered from my testing:

%100: plugged USB 3.0 external 2.5" drive into USB 3.0 port on dock - no shutdown
    %88: plugged USB 3.0 external 2.5" drive into USB 3.0 port on dock - no shutdown
    %85: plugged USB 3.0 external 2.5" drive into USB 3.0 port on dock - system shutdown
    -turned computer back on with hard drive plugged in, computer powered on
    -removed hard drive and plugged back in - system shutdown
    -turned computer back on with hard drive unplugged, now Windows is booting but now Scanning and repairing drive C:

Computer then went through the process of diagnosing the computer to find out why Windows wouldn't start normally. got the option to restart afterwards. checked my event viewer logs and the usual Kernel-PnP messages are there (failed to load driver for ACPI messages)

I will repeat steps with another USB 3.0 device

I just spoke with a local retailer who has the T100TA on display to see if I could dock my T100TA on their keyboard to see whether its the port or the battery of my unit. will send an update.
    Last edited by AFX; 03-21-2015 at 11:17 AM.

AFX
    Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    15 times
    docking port isnt the issue here as i was able to replicate the same issue on another dock. so i will call asus for an RMA. even my local computer technician store suggested the same thing as they have looked up the issue and found it is only isolated to my computer model.

AFX
    Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    15 times
    i have set up an RMA and hopefully this will resolve my issue

AFX
    Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    15 times
    just wanted to say that my unit came back today and so far, my problem has been fixed. it appears ASUS replaced the battery as i had requested.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    0 times
    I know it has been over a year since the last post, but I hope someone sees this. My T100TA DK064H was working normally fine since it was purchased last February. (Side note: some time in March, I upgraded the OS from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10) A few weeks back until today, whenever there are quite heavy apps (in my case, Youtube in Edge, Total Commander, Movie Maker and many more) running when the battery is around or 50% and below, the system crashes. Today, I plan on calibrating my battery using Caster's guide because last night I checked my battery wear level. 90.2%! Is that normal for a 2 month old Transformer Book? Anyways, today, while running a Calibrate Battery power plan according to the guide, I ran Lightshot to take a screenshot of the event viewer. As I was saving the screenshot, the system crashed! Just a black screen, just like the other many crashes in the past. I turned it back on and now that event viewer is the only running program (I am using another computer for writing this instead), it isn't shutting down anymore. (After every crash the battery percentage remains the same as before it crashed.) Here are the events which occured during the most recent crash:

Event levels: Error and Warning (there were many events), Source: DeviceSetupManager, Event IDs- 121, 123, 200, 201, 202 (There are more than 10 events like this)
    Event level: Error, Source: Application Error, Event ID: 1000, Task Category: (100)
    Event levels: Warning & Error, Source: Kernel-EventTracing, Event IDs: 3 and 4, Task Category: Session for ID 3 and Logging for ID 4
    Event level: Error, Source: PerfNet, Event ID: 2004
    Event level: Error, Source: Perflib, Event ID: 1008 (there were many events like this, at least 10)
    Event level: Error, Source: Service Control Manager, Event ID- 7000 (many events again)

I remember seeing something like kernel-pnp too but the system suddenly crashed, probably because I was in the process of calibrating the battery. I hope the info I typed was enough for diagnosis. Any help would be appreciated.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    0 times

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by BanTategi View Post
    I know it has been over a year since the last post, but I hope someone sees this. My T100TA DK064H was working normally fine since it was purchased last February. (Side note: some time in March, I upgraded the OS from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10) A few weeks back until today, whenever there are quite heavy apps (in my case, Youtube in Edge, Total Commander, Movie Maker and many more) running when the battery is around or 50% and below, the system crashes. Today, I plan on calibrating my battery using Caster's guide because last night I checked my battery wear level. 90.2%! Is that normal for a 2 month old Transformer Book? Anyways, today, while running a Calibrate Battery power plan according to the guide, I ran Lightshot to take a screenshot of the event viewer. As I was saving the screenshot, the system crashed! Just a black screen, just like the other many crashes in the past. I turned it back on and now that event viewer is the only running program (I am using another computer for writing this instead), it isn't shutting down anymore. (After every crash the battery percentage remains the same as before it crashed.) Here are the events which occured during the most recent crash:

Event levels: Error and Warning (there were many events), Source: DeviceSetupManager, Event IDs- 121, 123, 200, 201, 202 (There are more than 10 events like this)
    Event level: Error, Source: Application Error, Event ID: 1000, Task Category: (100)
    Event levels: Warning & Error, Source: Kernel-EventTracing, Event IDs: 3 and 4, Task Category: Session for ID 3 and Logging for ID 4
    Event level: Error, Source: PerfNet, Event ID: 2004
    Event level: Error, Source: Perflib, Event ID: 1008 (there were many events like this, at least 10)
    Event level: Error, Source: Service Control Manager, Event ID- 7000 (many events again)

I remember seeing something like kernel-pnp too but the system suddenly crashed, probably because I was in the process of calibrating the battery. I hope the info I typed was enough for diagnosis. Any help would be appreciated.

Hi mate,

I have been having the same issues with mine for ages (intermittently) -it's about a year old. I have now uninstalled my AV software (back to using defender) and uninstalled any apps and unnecessary auto-start apps and it seems to be working OK. I think that the memory / resource usage is too great (especially with multiple web pages / browsers open) and the firmware cant prioritise effectively ...so system shut down. I've seen heaps of posts :re possible battery issue ...but I think it is just the battery ...but it may be processor DC power required when everything is going flat-out that causes an issue with the rate of power supply ...ie insufficient power at that instant -despite the battery having plenty of charge left.

I don't really care too much if this is the problem, I like this model because it is light and easy to use for web access when mobile ...and if I reduce the power consumption rate will have longer battery time available. Also find its very fast user experience if I keep the memory/usage low.

I'm going to check the resource usage of different browsers, but I know that MS Edge and Firefox seem comparatively high. Need one that will run Java for me ...so that is at least Firefox -but perhaps Chrome or others?

I also just flashed the lates BIOS ...who knows if they made any improvements.

Give it a try and see if it helps,

Cheers

(apologies ...self-taught ...no geek speak )

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirjohnny View Post
    Hi mate,

I have been having the same issues with mine for ages (intermittently) -it's about a year old. I have now uninstalled my AV software (back to using defender) and uninstalled any apps and unnecessary auto-start apps and it seems to be working OK. I think that the memory / resource usage is too great (especially with multiple web pages / browsers open) and the firmware cant prioritise effectively ...so system shut down. I've seen heaps of posts :re possible battery issue ...but I think it is just the battery ...but it may be processor DC power required when everything is going flat-out that causes an issue with the rate of power supply ...ie insufficient power at that instant -despite the battery having plenty of charge left.

I don't really care too much if this is the problem, I like this model because it is light and easy to use for web access when mobile ...and if I reduce the power consumption rate will have longer battery time available. Also find its very fast user experience if I keep the memory/usage low.

I'm going to check the resource usage of different browsers, but I know that MS Edge and Firefox seem comparatively high. Need one that will run Java for me ...so that is at least Firefox -but perhaps Chrome or others?

I also just flashed the lates BIOS ...who knows if they made any improvements.

Give it a try and see if it helps,

Cheers

(apologies ...self-taught ...no geek speak )
    Hi there! Thanks for the tip, it greatly helped. As I read your post I realized that there was one thing I forgot to mention in my post: Kaspersky Anti Virus (trial version, it is about to last in a few days) is running in the background all the time. When I open up Task Manager to end some processes which cause lag, I notice that Kaspersky is consuming way too many resources. Today, I uninstalled Kaspersky, and used my device normally. I played some games which were not heavy to the processor, uploaded a YT video of one of the games (Geometry Dash) and then watched a few videos. The device didn't shut down at 50% and until now, it's at 27% and it's still running smoothly. It looks like the problem has been solved, but I'll post an update after another day's use of the device tomorrow.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    0 times
    UPDATE: It's back, and it's horrible now.
    It's funny, because the timing is exemplary: everytime I have done a lot of progress and am about to save, the system crashes. Tonight I was chatting with a friend while playing a game (not uber important, but still). I took a screenshot of the game (Geometry Dash) and sent it to my friend... and then the system crashed. The battery was still at 80% when this happened! Usually the system crashes around or below 50%. After uninstalling unnecessary apps, my T100TA was working fine... at least that's what I thought. When something similiar happened last night, I checked the battery wear. It was at 80.5% before, but after a system crash last night, it was at 33%! I checked the wear level every other hour and eventually it became 79.5%. After the crash tonight, the wear level is 44.5%! Now I feel like I shouldn't do anything important on this device anymore, since it just shuts down when it's not plugged in. (Earlier today, no apps were running. It just crashed when the battery level reached 30%.) (Side note: I've noticed in the event log that it's filled with ESENT (event id 490) errors, for almost every minute of the day.) Is this related in any way to the crashes?) What should I do now?

(Update: The following night, I decided to back up my data on Geometry Dash [USB mouse and Ethernet Adapter were connected via USB hub] The battery was at 81%. The system crashed! Since it seems I'm being forced to not do any heavy work with the device which is going to be impossible at school [we do lots of multitasking for research], should I have my battery replaced? Or is there still a way to fix this? BTW, My battery wear this night I used the device, was 28.9%. It's weird because it keeps changing)

(Another update: It turns out that now, the device has to be plugged in in order to perform heavy tasks i.e. playing Undertale or any game, or even running the Windows 10 Facebook/Messenger apps. Edge seems to be running fine. If the device isn't plugged in and any heavy task is started, there is an instant system shutdown.)
    Last edited by BanTategi; 05-05-2016 at 09:12 PM. Reason: Another update...

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TAM
    Liked
    0 times
    When the laptop shuts down on battery power, after you plug it in and then turn on, what % of charge does it show left on the battery?
    Also do the following steps and see if it helps.
    Switch of everything and unplug the charger from the laptop.
    Take the battery out.
    Plug the charger to the laptop and the power supply and switch your laptop on.
    If it switches on, your laptop is OK, the battery is probably the problem part.
    If it switches on, again turn it off, unplug, put the battery back and give it around 10 minutes charge and then switch it on.
    Give it full charge.
    Then try it again on battery power only.

Super Moderator & Spaminator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    248 times
    Most laptops won't power on on AC only, with no battery. After it's powered on you can usually remove the battery, although not always - smaller devices, in particular, seems to feed al the power through the battery.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links