Thread: Random Shutdowns on my t100, battery isn't low

AFX
    Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    15 times
    just waiting on their response. honestly, it doesnt bother me _that_ much as i am now considering a possible upgrade to the new t300chi or even the t100chi. looks like they dont have a usb 3 port on the keyboard dock which is kind of a deal breaker for me. if i do decide to do the repair ill let you guys know how it goes.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TAS
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by sgsrecords View Post
    Hey guys, i am the one who opened this thread to find an answer but nothing worked. I'm really sorry that then i forgot about this thread and wrote nothing about my tablet and news...
    After seeing that nothing worked i decided to send it to asus in warranty and they confirmed that the battery broke and changed it (totally free, even the shipping was free) and i got my tablet back in about 2-3 days with the problem solved.

In my case there was nothing to do, every software problems weren't involved, it was just a battery that in some ways decided to die.
    Hope you guys solve your similar problems and sorry again 'bout forgettin of this thread
    for my update, I'm currently having it be repaired for 30-45 days.

AFX
    Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    15 times
    Just an update.

Was on the highway trying to copy files to a USB 3 128gb drive and wow, what a pain in the ass. T100 rebooted on me 4 times. I've been in contact with Asus trying to be assured that my ssd and hidden recovery drive will not be tampered with, only my battery tocbe replaced.

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    417 times
    Don't know if you've tried the "trickle charge" technique to revitalize your battery but if not, might be worth a shot. In your case, once your T100 is in the "shutting off mode", try this...

http://www.transformerforums.com/for...tml#post297799

We've had a few folks try it as a last resort and report it worked... let us know either way.
    Rick, loving my T100TA-C1-GR Z3740 64GB Win 10
    BIOS 314. All Windows updates except Bing. All Asus Live Updates. WIFI driver 5.93.99.210
    I get 8-12 hrs use per charge using SLEEP mode. Warning, NEVER calibrate the touchscreen.
    When posting for help, please include Your Model Particulars
    Casters T100 Master Help Guide

AFX
    Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    15 times
    I saved my chat log with asus if anyone wants to see it. Suffice to say, the rep appeared to say that they will copy over the 8gb factory image to the ssd which I do not want to happen. However, could I not just make an image of that drive and save it somewhere? That way if the ssd does contain the factory image, I can just delete it after?

Also, my issue isn't that my device won't charge. I have zero issues charging. The issue is that when the USB 3 port on the dock is used, it turns off my device! There was a user who posted here who got their battery replaced because of this.

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    417 times
    The issue is that when the USB 3 port on the dock is used, it turns off my device!
    That's right, it's easy to become confused ... I forgot that the USB battery drain was your issue. That's the USB drive that gets very warm, right? I assume you've tried a different USB drive with the same results?
    BIOS 314. All Windows updates except Bing. All Asus Live Updates. WIFI driver 5.93.99.210
    I get 8-12 hrs use per charge using SLEEP mode. Warning, NEVER calibrate the touchscreen.

AFX
    Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    15 times
    Its not draining the battery, just shuts off randomly. Its happened with my USB Ethernet adapter and now my flash drive.

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    417 times
    Ahh OK.....

AFX
    Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    15 times
    just had a 2 hour long call with technical support:

i got disconnected with the first agent, but we were both in agreement that this may be a battery issue based on my event viewer logs. second agent appeared to agree with me, but wanted me to test for a week or so (? why should i test again since i have been having this problem for a while now? no changes to the system have been made). anyway, my conclusion is that the usb 3 port is power limited. while i had the second agent on the phone, i plugged in an external 2.5' hard drive that requires no other power source while my AC adapter was disconnected and bam, T100 powers off. i did this twice for him. normally i have this issue while using my USB 3 ethernet adapter and more recently, my USB 3 128gb flash drive. my warranty expires on the 30th of april so if this continues to happen i am going to log the time and the event viewer messages for more proof that there is an issue that needs to be addressed.

in regards to the recovery image that is on the hidden 8gb drive, he assured me that they wouldnt move it over to the SSD, as i explained that i felt like i was being ripped off in terms of drive space (bought the unit with the 8gb read-only recovery drive, i should get it back the same way). worse case scenario, ill just have to make an image from that drive and keep it somewhere safe in the event i need a full system restore.

does anyone with a T100TAM (or newer/different revision) have this problem? or is it just isolated to the original T100TA?
    Last edited by AFX; 03-19-2015 at 07:21 PM.

AFX
    Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    15 times
    so for test sakes, i have a %100 charged T100TA. currently not plugged into the wall, i plugged the external 2.5' drive again and it did not power down, unlike yesterday where it turned off on battery all of the time. so i wonder if this problem only happens if the battery level is low. i will keep an eye on it and post back.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links