Thread: Random Shutdowns on my t100, battery isn't low

AFX
    Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    15 times
    Caster: nope not yet, because I am waiting for the problem to happen again (it hasnt happened since i originally posted about it). Once it does i will try your steps.

Starscream
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    255 times
    Quote Originally Posted by AFX View Post
    Caster: nope not yet, because I am waiting for the problem to happen again (it hasnt happened since i originally posted about it). Once it does i will try your steps.
    AFX, That's a good sign, hope there is no need, let's keep our fingers crossed, Goodluck & All the best
    Proud Owner of Asus 100TA-DK024H, Asus ROG G750JZ, Asus TF700
    Use it daily, I get around 9-10 or more hours per charge daily - Bios 313 - Please use search in the forums, and refer to Guides under every section they are very helpful!
    Forum Rules - Wifi was Working - Now Disconnected? - Wifi Tips & Tricks
    Z3775 Graphics Card Driver Update/Details/Processor Details (How Much Mhz/VRAM does it have!)
    Android Master Help Guide - T100 Master Help Guide

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TAS
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Caster View Post
    Something similar, to what I am starting to experience on my T100, I am in the process of observing trying/fixing crashes as these but definitely it's gonna take it's time since they can't just be fixed like that. It's a BSOD/System Crash (random) caused by your ACPI (Advanced Configuration and Power Interface) component drivers after certain events and it's unable to load a certain driver/s, anything plug-n-play which you are connecting/using to the dock, in a nutshell I can tell you it's driver is also mainly causing this as well and would recommend stop using it for the time being to observe and uninstall any drivers it installed on your T100 when you used it previously, or get an updated driver from the manufacturers website, give the below a go it should help,

1- Open 'Run Command' by pressing WIN Key + R from your dock keyboard or Right Click-Start > Run
    2- Type 'services.msc' and press Enter/Ok
    3- Press 'W' from your keyboard on the list & Look for 'Windows Driver Foundation - User-mode-Driver Framework'
    4- Right-Click > Properties > Change Start-up type to 'Automatic' from 'Manual (Triggered)'
    5- Reboot after changing the setting & Log-on normally and see the above setting if it's in action
    6- If yes, plug in your USB device see the event viewer for any error messages
    7- Repeat steps 5-6 again, to see and monitor your event viewer for such errors to pop back again or a crash to occur

All of those errors/issues should disappear (if it relates to such drivers failing to load).

But unlike you, I am getting 3 different *cough* *wink* BSOD's/system crashes That's why I have been insisting people here to see their Event Viewers on their systems, instead of plain complaints without any further details as they help miraculously to not only us, help them better, but themselves knowing what is causing this. One more thing which people do is relate these kind's of crashes to an actual auto-shutdown, which is not exactly the case at all, it's a system crash and a system crash can happen at any moment of time and your system will be rebooted the very least Windows says otherwise, and they happen alot with faulty drivers/drivers failing to load/corrupt etc., only an event viewer /(proper read of a memory dump file) of a system would rule this out properly.

Your best bet, as Rick suggested for now would be Asus_USA, till I have done all of my observations/isolation's & proper troubleshooting/explanation on them with root causes and was able to fix all of my BSOD's/crashes along with any other issues concerning them on my T100, you'll have to wait on my next guide probably for such, in-depth details to troubleshoot/reach the actual root cause and fix these problems, but until then, you can try my suggestion above while your at it as well, to see if it even helps, Goodluck !

AFX, That's a good sign, hope there is no need, let's keep our fingers crossed, Goodluck & All the best

done everything... but this keeps on happening... set to automatic right?

Starscream
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    255 times
    Quote Originally Posted by LysLana View Post

done everything... but this keeps on happening... set to automatic right?
    LysLana, Yes automatic, but this will only work if you're BSOD/Crash happens due to USB devices which you use with your tablet/dock and did you do a restart after doing that change? You have to see the details of those Kernel PnP issues, relate them to the time happening of various administrative/system logs to see if there is anything related to something else/drivers which is failing to load during the time of the crash. If yes, then you have a similar issue that we both had, then you can try this fix and give it a go, if not your issue is caused by something else which you would need to dig in deeper in the Event logs matching the time of the crash. Also you need to be more specific, in explaining your problem not all crashes are same, not all BSODs contradict to one another. Kernel Power issues are usually related to something else, which can be found out more by looking at the time frame and what all events happened in that particular time when the crash/BSOD occurred, and what happened physically with your device when it occurred, what did you notice when it happened, and how? More details always help.

See this post here, and this post here, both will assist in narrowing down to help with the logs/issues in finding out what happened. Unplugging the USB devices definitely help, but in only case if the issue is similar to what relates from the Event logs/memory dumps, as ours or if it states otherwise, it could be a whole different story. Goodluck, let us know what you find!
    Use it daily, I get around 9-10 or more hours per charge daily - Bios 313 - Please use search in the forums, and refer to Guides under every section they are very helpful!
    Z3775 Graphics Card Driver Update/Details/Processor Details (How Much Mhz/VRAM does it have!)

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TAS
    Liked
    0 times

My tablet shuts itself again at 50% battery and all of these events happened at the same time. What do I need I to see?
    Last edited by LysLana; 03-10-2015 at 01:51 AM.

Starscream
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    255 times
    LysLana, since you haven't even answered what all I asked in my post, I am assuming you didn't even read it completely. Please read my post above, it explains clearly what you need to look for, and even links to further posts which assists in telling you similar to what exactly you need to look for, then only my fix can assist you. You'll need to be patient and do some research/answer questions/explain more details about the problem, in order for us to even know, if you have similar issues or not, or you have an hardware or different issue altogether.
    Last edited by Caster; 03-10-2015 at 04:31 AM.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TAS
    Liked
    0 times
    LysLana, Yes automatic, but this will only work if you're BSOD/Crash happens due to USB devices which you use with your tablet/dock and did you do a restart after doing that change? You have to see the details of those Kernel PnP issues, relate them to the time happening of various administrative/system logs to see if there is anything related to something else/drivers which is failing to load during the time of the crash. If yes, then you have a similar issue that we both had, then you can try this fix and give it a go, if not your issue is caused by something else which you would need to dig in deeper in the Event logs matching the time of the crash. Also you need to be more specific, in explaining your problem not all crashes are same, not all BSODs contradict to one another. Kernel Power issues are usually related to something else, which can be found out more by looking at the time frame and what all events happened in that particular time when the crash/BSOD occurred, and what happened physically with your device when it occurred, what did you notice when it happened, and how? More details always help.

See this post here, and this post here, both will assist in narrowing down to help with the logs/issues in finding out what happened. Unplugging the USB devices definitely help, but in only case if the issue is similar to what relates from the Event logs/memory dumps, as ours or if it states otherwise, it could be a whole different story. Goodluck, let us know what you find!
    I had problems in loading my 64 GB transcend sdcard after rebooting right after the crash and there is an event log related to that. btw, i'm currently reformatting my tablet for the 6th time. I'll just inform you if this problem persists.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    3 times
    Hey guys, i am the one who opened this thread to find an answer but nothing worked. I'm really sorry that then i forgot about this thread and wrote nothing about my tablet and news...
    After seeing that nothing worked i decided to send it to asus in warranty and they confirmed that the battery broke and changed it (totally free, even the shipping was free) and i got my tablet back in about 2-3 days with the problem solved.

In my case there was nothing to do, every software problems weren't involved, it was just a battery that in some ways decided to die.
    Hope you guys solve your similar problems and sorry again 'bout forgettin of this thread
    Caster, Swipe and rickscheller like this.

AFX
    Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    15 times
    Quote Originally Posted by sgsrecords View Post
    Hey guys, i am the one who opened this thread to find an answer but nothing worked. I'm really sorry that then i forgot about this thread and wrote nothing about my tablet and news...
    After seeing that nothing worked i decided to send it to asus in warranty and they confirmed that the battery broke and changed it (totally free, even the shipping was free) and i got my tablet back in about 2-3 days with the problem solved.

In my case there was nothing to do, every software problems weren't involved, it was just a battery that in some ways decided to die.
    Hope you guys solve your similar problems and sorry again 'bout forgettin of this thread

thats interesting because when i have the issue, i am on battery only. when im plugged in the issue never happens.

i just sent an inquiry to asus to see if they will replace my battery and NOT touch my SSD and separate recovery partition (as users have mentioned that upon return from a warranty claim, their recovery partition was moved to the SSD instead) as i am nearing my warranty.
    Last edited by AFX; 03-13-2015 at 07:54 PM.

Starscream
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    255 times
    Quote Originally Posted by AFX View Post
    thats interesting because when i have the issue, i am on battery only. when im plugged in the issue never happens.

i just sent an inquiry to asus to see if they will replace my battery and NOT touch my SSD and separate recovery partition (as users have mentioned that upon return from a warranty claim, their recovery partition was moved to the SSD instead) as i am nearing my warranty.
    Good choice, from the looks of it like you said, it does look like your battery can't survive alone without the AC Power, which is worrisome and I would definitely have it checked and fixed up too before the warranty does run out. Goodluck and keep us posted, on how it works out!

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links