Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Random Shutdowns on my t100, battery isn't low

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    1 times
    AFX, I'm curious to know if you've noticed a time pattern it shuts down? aprox. 30 minutes? thanks.

AFX
    Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    15 times
    no time patterns. sometimes it has happened consecutively after turning on after each reboot. it doesnt happen too often but at least 5 times a month i would say. i can start keeping track of it to give you an idea. but just to inform you that i dont use it every day.

Asus USA Social Media Team
    Member #
    Tablet
    Uncategorised
    Liked
    154 times
    Quote Originally Posted by joestcyr View Post
    (bear with me, new guy) I have a t100ta with a similar shutdown problem. Got this for my son @ walmart new. after some 4-5 months he started complaining of random shutdowns. At first I figured probably malware. scanned with updated malwarebytes, nothing found. it's built in antivirus reports nothing. now, it's got my attention as a far more serious problem. Now the the recommendation I see a lot from here and others is: RETURN IT. Call me paranoid, but, this t100 is just chock full of me & my sons passwords etc. my belief is if the average joe like myself has the software & ability to purge long since deleted info off any hard drive, anyone really hell bent on doing so CAN & WILL. So, returning is not an option. past warranty now.
    Back to my problem. ive tried much info posted in this fine forum. At this point, im wavering between believing this is software, or a hardware defect. I have to say the one glimmering hope that this MAY be a software problem is....the shutdowns occur.......EXACTLY EVERY 30 MINUTES! ive run different temperature programs. they all never read above aprox. 50 or so degrees, even when stressed with cpu test. I run a program timer & handheld. 30 minutes. here's a list of what I can remember trying(sorry-chemo-brain): Of course the first thing I did when bought was update from win 8.0 to 8.1. therefore when I went to do a full format & recovery. recovery failed. didn't know at the time upgrade to 8.1 broke recovery. I went ahead downloading win 8.1 from Microsoft instead. keeping in mind the hard drive still had win 8.1 WITH the office student I paid for. with a fresh copy of win 8.1, went ahead and fired it up.(the install restarts so never reached the dreaded 30 min. mark.) with timer in hand, I waited anxiously for 28, 29, 30....lights out.
    so, this tells me its not windows causing shutdown. which leaves me suspicious of bios, (UEFI-still a grey area to me).......and maybe replacing battery. however im stuck at replacing current bios 313 with the same, see if bios corrupted? and finally if still a no go, install a prior bios 307 to see if any difference. and beyond that replacing the battery even though through all this it never wavers beyond being (showing) full charge). so, right now both programs both in & outside windows has given me the "bios is older than current" and refuses to update with 313 or 307. I apologize for the looong post. Please feel free with any suggestions as i'm on desperation blvd. Thanks in advance.
    here's the specifics, Off the box:
    ASUS T100TA-C1-GRMMC
    CPU INTEL Z3740 (BYT-T)BGA
    P/N 90NB0451-M00030
    O.S WIN 8.1 32 BIT
    HDD 64G EMMC
    RAM 2G 1067

joestcyr - We are sorry to hear about this issue that you are having and is more than willing to assist you with getting this resolved.
    Go to your device manager and select "Realtek USB FE Family Controller". Open its Properties, clicked "Advanced" and check if "Selective suspend" was set to "Disable". If it is, enable it and monitor the battery drain from there and also if it powers off while being used. If this issue persists please email us at socialsupportus@asus.com with your serial number attached for further assistance.

If you have any further questions, comments, or concerns please do not hesitate to let us know. We will be more than happy to assist you. Once again, thank you for choosing ASUS products and services.

Thank you,

-In Search of Incredible-

Technical Support Department
    ASUS :: ASUS Service | North America
    Asus USA is a social support channel for North American purchasers. UK users requiring warranty support should contact their retailer. For other geographic locations, please check your product documentation or the Asus website for your locality and follow the support section instructions.

Transformer Forums is a privately owned "user to user" forum and is not affiliated with ASUSTeK Computer Inc in any way.

Asus USA Social Media Team
    Member #
    Tablet
    Uncategorised
    Liked
    154 times
    Quote Originally Posted by AFX View Post
    glad i found this thread as i have been experiencing the same issue (or almost similar).

i own the original t100ta 32gb SSD w/ keyboard dock and i have been noticing that while i am in the middle of work, my computer shuts down and i have to power it back up. the battery is at a good level when this happens. i thought this could of been power related as sometimes i would plug a usb 3 ethernet adapter into a PoE switch (i work on security cameras) and that there could of been a power spike. however, when i plug in the charging cable this issue does not happen. the other day i was loading some software and it turned off on me. i was plugged into a non PoE switch this time though and was doing nothing else. again battery level was at a good level. i was thinking of doing a restore to see if this would help me out. i have a few months left of warranty but i am worried that i will be given a unit with the recovery partition lost.
    AFX - We are sorry to hear about this issue that you are having and is more than willing to assist you with getting this resolved.
    Go to your device manager and select "Realtek USB FE Family Controller". Open its Properties, clicked "Advanced" and check if "Selective suspend" was set to "Disable". If it is, enable it and monitor the battery drain from there and also if it powers off while being used. If this issue persists please email us at socialsupportus@asus.com with your serial number attached for further assistance.

If you have any further questions, comments, or concerns please do not hesitate to let us know. We will be more than happy to assist you. Once again, thank you for choosing ASUS products and services.

Thank you,

Asus USA is a social support channel for North American purchasers. UK users requiring warranty support should contact their retailer. For other geographic locations, please check your product documentation or the Asus website for your locality and follow the support section instructions.

Transformer Forums is a privately owned "user to user" forum and is not affiliated with ASUSTeK Computer Inc in any way.

AFX
    Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    15 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Asus_USA View Post
    AFX - We are sorry to hear about this issue that you are having and is more than willing to assist you with getting this resolved.

Thank you,

unless i enable "show hidden devices" i cannot see this. when i enable this option i see it, but it is reported as not connected to the computer at this time. also, mine had a listing of Realtek USB GBE Family Controller.

AFX
    Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    15 times
    it just happened again. checking the event viewer shows:

Warning 2015-02-17 9:30:20 PM Kernel-PnP 219 (212): The driver \Driver\WudfRd failed to load for the device ACPI\INVN6500\3&35f3e24a&0.
    Warning 2015-02-17 9:30:20 PM Kernel-PnP 219 (212): The driver \Driver\WudfRd failed to load for the device ACPI\CPLM3218\1.
    Critical 2015-02-17 9:30:20 PM Kernel-Power 41 (63): The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly.
    Error 2015-02-17 9:30:33 PM EventLog 6008 None: The previous system shutdown at 8:43:51 PM on ‎2015-‎02-‎17 was unexpected.

i was just doing some basic internet browsing using the wireless card (no ethernet adapters this time). i am at %28 battery

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    417 times

Warning 2015-02-17 9:30:20 PM Kernel-PnP 219 (212): The driver \Driver\WudfRd failed to load for the device ACPI\INVN6500\3&35f3e24a&0.
    Warning 2015-02-17 9:30:20 PM Kernel-PnP 219 (212): The driver \Driver\WudfRd failed to load for the device ACPI\CPLM3218\1.
    Critical 2015-02-17 9:30:20 PM Kernel-Power 41 (63): The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly.
    Error 2015-02-17 9:30:33 PM EventLog 6008 None: The previous system shutdown at 8:43:51 PM on ‎2015-‎02-‎17 was unexpected.

i was just doing some basic internet browsing using the wireless card (no ethernet adapters this time). i am at %28 battery
    Have you contacted Asus_USA? That may be your best avenue.
    Caster likes this.
    Rick, loving my T100TA-C1-GR Z3740 64GB Win 10
    BIOS 314. All Windows updates except Bing. All Asus Live Updates. WIFI driver 5.93.99.210
    I get 8-12 hrs use per charge using SLEEP mode. Warning, NEVER calibrate the touchscreen.
    When posting for help, please include Your Model Particulars
    Casters T100 Master Help Guide

Starscream
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    255 times

Something similar, to what I am starting to experience on my T100, I am in the process of observing trying/fixing crashes as these but definitely it's gonna take it's time since they can't just be fixed like that. It's a BSOD/System Crash (random) caused by your ACPI (Advanced Configuration and Power Interface) component drivers after certain events and it's unable to load a certain driver/s, anything plug-n-play which you are connecting/using to the dock, in a nutshell I can tell you it's driver is also mainly causing this as well and would recommend stop using it for the time being to observe and uninstall any drivers it installed on your T100 when you used it previously, or get an updated driver from the manufacturers website, give the below a go it should help,

1- Open 'Run Command' by pressing WIN Key + R from your dock keyboard or Right Click-Start > Run
    2- Type 'services.msc' and press Enter/Ok
    3- Press 'W' from your keyboard on the list & Look for 'Windows Driver Foundation - User-mode-Driver Framework'
    4- Right-Click > Properties > Change Start-up type to 'Automatic' from 'Manual (Triggered)'
    5- Reboot after changing the setting & Log-on normally and see the above setting if it's in action
    6- If yes, plug in your USB device see the event viewer for any error messages
    7- Repeat steps 5-6 again, to see and monitor your event viewer for such errors to pop back again or a crash to occur

All of those errors/issues should disappear (if it relates to such drivers failing to load).

But unlike you, I am getting 3 different *cough* *wink* BSOD's/system crashes That's why I have been insisting people here to see their Event Viewers on their systems, instead of plain complaints without any further details as they help miraculously to not only us, help them better, but themselves knowing what is causing this. One more thing which people do is relate these kind's of crashes to an actual auto-shutdown, which is not exactly the case at all, it's a system crash and a system crash can happen at any moment of time and your system will be rebooted the very least Windows says otherwise, and they happen alot with faulty drivers/drivers failing to load/corrupt etc., only an event viewer /(proper read of a memory dump file) of a system would rule this out properly.

Your best bet, as Rick suggested for now would be Asus_USA, till I have done all of my observations/isolation's & proper troubleshooting/explanation on them with root causes and was able to fix all of my BSOD's/crashes along with any other issues concerning them on my T100, you'll have to wait on my next guide probably for such, in-depth details to troubleshoot/reach the actual root cause and fix these problems, but until then, you can try my suggestion above while your at it as well, to see if it even helps, Goodluck !
    rickscheller likes this.
    Proud Owner of Asus 100TA-DK024H, Asus ROG G750JZ, Asus TF700
    Use it daily, I get around 9-10 or more hours per charge daily - Bios 313 - Please use search in the forums, and refer to Guides under every section they are very helpful!
    Forum Rules - Wifi was Working - Now Disconnected? - Wifi Tips & Tricks
    Z3775 Graphics Card Driver Update/Details/Processor Details (How Much Mhz/VRAM does it have!)
    Android Master Help Guide - T100 Master Help Guide

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    417 times
    Thanks Casper... (your obvious expertise) and plain language user guidance should go a long way towards rooting out some of these issues. Keep up the excellent work.
    Caster likes this.
    Rick, loving my T100TA-C1-GR Z3740 64GB Win 10
    BIOS 314. All Windows updates except Bing. All Asus Live Updates. WIFI driver 5.93.99.210
    I get 8-12 hrs use per charge using SLEEP mode. Warning, NEVER calibrate the touchscreen.
    When posting for help, please include Your Model Particulars
    Casters T100 Master Help Guide

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    0 times

Lightbulb We are Having the Same Issues

Hey Everyone,

Chiming in here.

My girlfriend has the same model ASUS and she is having the same issue as well.

I figured I would post the Event Log and all of it's details to help with some problem solving.

Full Detail Event Log:

[XML] Event Viewer - Full Detail - Pastebin.com

Small Detail Event Log:
    Code:
    Error	2/19/2015 11:57:55 AM	DptfPolicyLpmService	1	None
    Error	2/19/2015 11:57:01 AM	Eventlog	1101	Event processing
    Error	2/19/2015 11:57:01 AM	EventLog	6008	None
    Error	2/19/2015 11:57:01 AM	BugCheck	1001	None
    Warning	2/19/2015 11:56:53 AM	Kernel-PnP	219	(212)
    Critical	2/19/2015 11:56:50 AM	Kernel-Power	41	(63)
    Lowdown on what Happened:

The issue she described was that she pulled the laptop out of her bookbag at our University and opened it, waking it from sleep mode, and as soon as it turned on she received a blue screen with the following message below.

2015-02-19.jpg

What We Are Testing:

Currently, we are testing one of the above solutions described by a forum member about removing USB devices from the dock to see if that makes a difference over the next couple of days, if not I will update here and let everyone know.

I will post back any details as we work towards solving this issue with everyone.

I work as an IT Systems Administrator so hit me with whatever technical who-ha that you would like.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links