Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    Researching Tablets
    Liked
    0 times

T100 is it right for me?

Hello all

I'm going round in circles trying to decide if the T100 is right for me I was hoping for some help.

I've tried a clone tablet almost the same spec and found it hard to put down. I had come to the conclusion that the t100 was a proper tool all other tablets were essentially toys. However the things that worry me are the build quality and screen issues such as scratches and cracks.

I'm dyslexic so a full spell check is a big draw, I also need to use google sketch up quite a bit this year, two big bonuses for the t100. We're doing up a very old house and keep having to move out into a caravan while things get done. This means we have slimed down on every thing so it would be a multi purpose main PC, TV and tablet. This wouldn't normally be an issue except we have a 2 year old who is a master of disaster and in a caravan, large though it is, he can get to and break everything in the blink of an eye.

The second option is an android tablet like a samsung tab 4 running VNC linked to my PC over the local network via wifi and my Bluetooth mouse and keyboard. The advantage is for around the £50 to £100 cheaper I would get gorilla glass and better screen, something slightly more robust and access to a more comprehensive selection of military grade cases! Do you think VNC would be fast enough for these kind of apps or would it drive me mad with the lag?

Are the reports of broken screens and poor build quality as big issue as I've read or have I fallen into the trap of reading too many reviews?

Thanks for any advise

Jonnym

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    Researching Tablets
    Liked
    0 times
    Just a quick follow up. After a lot thought I went for a surface pro 1.

A manufacturer reconditioned one for £274. Which was cheaper than the Asus and a far better device for my needs. The battery life is dreadful in comparisons but this year that won't be a big issue for me, the 5 to 6hours I get are fine.

Now if I wanted a pure tablet for surfing the web etc I would look again at an android tablet but to be honest would probably end up with a T100 as they make much more sense for me as they are so flexible with epic battery life.

Jon

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    416 times
    WOW... 11 months to decide ... glad the SP1 is best choice for you.
    Rick, loving my T100TA-C1-GR Z3740 64GB Win 10
    BIOS 314. All Windows updates except Bing. All Asus Live Updates. WIFI driver 5.93.99.210
    I get 8-12 hrs use per charge using SLEEP mode. Warning, NEVER calibrate the touchscreen.
    When posting for help, please include Your Model Particulars
    Casters T100 Master Help Guide

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    Researching Tablets
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by rickscheller View Post
    WOW... 11 months to decide ... glad the SP1 is best choice for you.
    Not sure where your getting 11 months from, its under 1 month.

Jon

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    416 times
    Imagine my embarrassment... I read your first post as dated 1/27/2014...
    Rick, loving my T100TA-C1-GR Z3740 64GB Win 10
    BIOS 314. All Windows updates except Bing. All Asus Live Updates. WIFI driver 5.93.99.210
    I get 8-12 hrs use per charge using SLEEP mode. Warning, NEVER calibrate the touchscreen.
    When posting for help, please include Your Model Particulars
    Casters T100 Master Help Guide

Starscream
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    103 times
    Sorry you didn't get any responses to your post. Must have slipped through the cracks. Anyway, the SP1 is still relevant tech but there are a couple newer iterations that they have improved wifi and Bluetooth. It probably generates more heat along with the lower battery life. It is more of a PC than a tablet in this regard. The T100 is more a mobile device. It is in the $3-400 price range so it was designed fairly cost-consciously but I don't find the quality that bad. I don't think you will find anything that is 2-yo-proof unless you can get an Otterbox case for it. LOL.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    Researching Tablets
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by rickscheller View Post
    Imagine my embarrassment... I read your first post as dated 1/27/2014...
    Hang your head in shame

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    Researching Tablets
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by fiat_lux View Post
    Sorry you didn't get any responses to your post. Must have slipped through the cracks. Anyway, the SP1 is still relevant tech but there are a couple newer iterations that they have improved wifi and Bluetooth. It probably generates more heat along with the lower battery life. It is more of a PC than a tablet in this regard. The T100 is more a mobile device. It is in the $3-400 price range so it was designed fairly cost-consciously but I don't find the quality that bad. I don't think you will find anything that is 2-yo-proof unless you can get an Otterbox case for it. LOL.
    Yes Sp1 better spec in every regard except weight and battery. Its got all the robustness of the metal housing and gorilla glass which is going to be handy.

If I needed it to be portable, to say use in a café or out at meetings all day then it wouldn't do, I would be reaching for a T100. But this sp1 a lot more beast for less money!

Jon

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links