Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    13 times

Jumping to Start Screen from desktop

So, this is happening *constantly.* I will be working away in Word or RenWeb or some other program in the desktop mode. Suddenly, my T100 will jump out of the desktop into the Start screen. At first this was a minor annoyance and I hoped that it would either go away (perhaps with a firmware update) or I would figure out what I was doing wrong (some gesture on the track-pad on accident, perhaps)? No such luck! I have not been able to notice any rhyme or reason to the screen jumping, and I am starting to loose a lot of time and productivity. Any help on this one?

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Too lazy to choose
    Liked
    291 times
    You aren't by chance accidently hitting the windows key are you? Other thought is, IIRC, there is a gesture to swipe to the start screen. Try running Asus smart gesture application and see what the various gestures are. You should be able to disable any that you don't want to use.

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    42 times
    Quote Originally Posted by HJKeener View Post
    So, this is happening *constantly.* I will be working away in Word or RenWeb or some other program in the desktop mode. Suddenly, my T100 will jump out of the desktop into the Start screen. At first this was a minor annoyance and I hoped that it would either go away (perhaps with a firmware update) or I would figure out what I was doing wrong (some gesture on the track-pad on accident, perhaps)? No such luck! I have not been able to notice any rhyme or reason to the screen jumping, and I am starting to loose a lot of time and productivity. Any help on this one?
    Just disable the Track-pad Fn+f9, either permanently or when you get into the Desktop. Makes life so much easier when using this smaller keyboard.

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    13 times
    Azazel--If I understand what you're saying correctly, I'm not hitting the physical Windows home button, as that is on the side of the tablet and it happens when I am using the track pad.
    exitguy--Thanks for the tip, but I definitely want to be able to use my trackpad, especially when I'm in desktop mode! It may be one of the smart gestures, but I have not been able to figure out if/how that could be. Maybe I'll look over the e-manual some more and see if I can figure it out.

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    13 times
    Yeah, I'm hoping I'm wrong, but the more I tinker with the desktop, the more convinced I am that this is a glitch. I can't find any smart gesture anywhere that is supposed to kick you back to the start menu from the desktop, and it just seems to happen randomly. I am noticing that it happens when I click, not when I swipe.
    Last edited by HJKeener; 10-28-2014 at 10:50 PM. Reason: typo

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    13 times
    Yeah, this is getting maddening. I've spent all night with an Asus customer support guy and I've done a system refresh. No luck. Still the same glitch.
    I went to Office Depot hoping to make an exchange earlier today, but they don't have any in box models in stock. So the gentleman at Office Depot has offered to let me trade it in for a (clearance) in box HP Pavillion x2 11. Should I just go back tomorrow and trade for a HP Pavillion x2 11? It's not exactly what I want, but in many ways it's better than the T100. I really don't want to have to send the keyboard off to who-knows-where and wait a month for a replacement/fix. It does this jump *all* the time!

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    13 times
    Quote Originally Posted by exitguy View Post
    Just disable the Track-pad Fn+f9, either permanently or when you get into the Desktop. Makes life so much easier when using this smaller keyboard.
    It irks me tremendously to have to say this, but it looks like I'm going to have to try disabling the track-pad. Being able to use the keyboard *WITH* trackpad on the desktop is a huge part of the reason I bought the T100TA in the first place. I could have gotten a much nicer Android Tablet for less money had I not wanted a notebook that would allow me to use full Windows functionality *INCLUDING A WORKING TRACK PAD*!!!!!!!

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Too lazy to choose
    Liked
    291 times
    Have you tried running the Asus smart gesture application to see if one of the darned gestures is doing it?

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    13 times
    Azazel--where do I find that? I doubt that's it, due to the way that it happens (alwaystry when I left click, and it seems as though the cursor jumps to the start button on the taskbar). I've read through the PDF manual and I can find no such gesture. And the Asus support guy last night never suggested that as a possibility. *BUT* I'm definitely willing to try the smart gesture app to see if that does it.
    More anon.

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    13 times
    Yeah, I can't find any smart gesture app. What am I missing? Pardon my benightedness :-)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links