Thread: [SOLVED] Touchpad Disabled?????

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    32 times

[SOLVED] Touchpad Disabled?????

Somehow today my touchpad was suddenly disabled shortly after installing a new windows security update. Touchscreen works fine though and every time I start my computer the touchpad goes from working for a little bit when on login to disabling itself. Really glad I have a working touchscreen right now. >.<

edit: And suddenly after a longer shut down and re start it works... o.O
    Last edited by DKL; 10-27-2014 at 07:05 AM.

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    32 times
    OK this is still REALLY weird. Only very rarely does the touchpad work. I've had numerous startups/shutdowns to try and get it to work that way and it seems that it will stay on until I login to my account(admin, only one I have setup) and after toying with various settings that one would normally use to disable the mouse(they all appear to be enabled, at least the ones I've found) by turning them off and on again the problem persists.

Using Device Manager to roll back and re-update the drivers and disabling/re-enabling the mouse didn't help either.

One thing that may be a clue is that a pop-up appeared the first time and only the first time that the touchpad was originally disabled. It was in the middle of the screen like when the computer is plugged in or put on battery power and was translucent.

Any help whatsoever would be great! I'm going to try making a 2nd account for this computer to see if that changes anything.

edit:
    This 2nd account is given full access to the mouse. It also has the basic apps I uninstalled from my admin account. And yet the mouse works perfectly for this account. Oddly when logging between the two accounts the touchpad did not work but when this one was set up again and logged into it worked perfectly. A restart and check proved this to indeed be the case. Admin account - no touchpad. Guest account - touchpad. This effectively means that I'm stuck using touchscreen if I want to use my admin account to avoid the tons of password inputs or I have to setup another microsoft email for another account and then remove/add apps again!

Really annoying especially since I have no idea what caused this in the first place. Was it something I said?
    Last edited by DKL; 10-27-2014 at 02:12 PM.

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    17 times
    Try the FN-F9 keyboard combination to turn it back on. Trick is, you have to hit the Function Key and the F9 key at the same time, or it won't register. See if that works.
    DKL and rickscheller like this.

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    32 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ProphetSword View Post
    Try the FN-F9 keyboard combination to turn it back on. Trick is, you have to hit the Function Key and the F9 key at the same time, or it won't register. See if that works.
    Thank you for being a lifesaver. Wondered what that button did lol... now it makes sense. Thank you so much!!!

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    417 times
    One thing that may be a clue is that a pop-up appeared the first time and only the first time that the touchpad was originally disabled. It was in the middle of the screen like when the computer is plugged in or put on battery power and was translucent.
    fn+f9 keys to toggle touchpad on/off is explained in the users manual. Might want to browse through that manual every now and then.
    Rick, loving my T100TA-C1-GR Z3740 64GB Win 10
    BIOS 314. All Windows updates except Bing. All Asus Live Updates. WIFI driver 5.93.99.210
    I get 8-12 hrs use per charge using SLEEP mode. Warning, NEVER calibrate the touchscreen.
    When posting for help, please include Your Model Particulars
    Casters T100 Master Help Guide

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    32 times
    Quote Originally Posted by rickscheller View Post
    fn+f9 keys to toggle touchpad on/off is explained in the users manual. Might want to browse through that manual every now and then.
    I don't read online manuals. I tend to only read manuals I can hold in my hands unless they are rather short(especially since I can read something boring and fall asleep with it without worry). Personal preference(albeit somewhat odd). Might look at it at some point for what all the f keys do though.

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    417 times
    Quote Originally Posted by DKL View Post
    I don't read online manuals. I tend to only read manuals I can hold in my hands unless they are rather short(especially since I can read something boring and fall asleep with it without worry). Personal preference(albeit somewhat odd). Might look at it at some point for what all the f keys do though.
    Actually it's a pdf file that came installed on your T100.
    Rick, loving my T100TA-C1-GR Z3740 64GB Win 10
    BIOS 314. All Windows updates except Bing. All Asus Live Updates. WIFI driver 5.93.99.210
    I get 8-12 hrs use per charge using SLEEP mode. Warning, NEVER calibrate the touchscreen.
    When posting for help, please include Your Model Particulars
    Casters T100 Master Help Guide

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    42 times
    Quote Originally Posted by DKL View Post
    Just print off Page 36 that has all the Fn key combinations & keep in the case/cover (if you have one) that the T100 is fitted into.

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    32 times
    Quote Originally Posted by rickscheller View Post
    Actually it's a pdf file that came installed on your T100.
    True, I knew that but was tired and wrote 'online'... silly me.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links