Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    0 times

Angry Is the T-100TAM as much of a piece of junk as it seems?

This machine has been nothing but trouble since I bought it. All I need it to do is run word/excel/powerpoint, go online and work (via the approved ASUS adapter) with a VGA projector. I have loaded no extra software at all, made no changes and never taken the device out of my office.

The T100 crashes with blue screen, screen corruption and multiple windows load-time error messages whenever I:
    1. Connect or disconnect the keyboard sometimes.
    2. Connect the official approved Asus micro HDMI-VGA adapter to any projector always
    3. Try to get it out of sleep mode from the well-known problems it has with sleep mode about half the time
    4. It also wont turn on from sleep mode about half the time.

I have done reboots, reloads of Windows and fresh loads of Windows using the T-100 repair facility at least ten times. I makes no difference to the problems.

I CANNOT show up to a client to do a powerpoint presentation with a machine that might not turn on, might crash or might not work. If its not 100% reliable, I dont want it.

It looks to me as if the quality in the Asus brand is just not there. I am planning to return this machine for a refund.

If there's something simple I am missing that will make this machine as reliable as my old HP Mini 110 - which it was supposed to replace - then I'd love to know what it is.

Guide Guru & Forum Administrator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Chromebook
    Liked
    2826 times
    Welcome to the forum

It sounds to me as if your particular device is a "lemon". The T100 has got hundreds of happy owners on this forum & they seem very, very happy with it.

I think I would suggest a complete return for either a replacement or refund & then try another T100 device.

You can follow the advice in our T100 FAQS section (linked below) for setup guidance including BIOS & Windows updates & the all important anti-virus/malware protection which is so vital on any Windows machine.

All the best

PLEASE Search for existing threads before posting a new one. Thanks.

Your opinion matters. But should you disagree - please try not to be disagreeable

Forum guide - here ~~ T100 FAQs - here ~~ Cold boot - here

Adobe Flash Player & Browser Guide here

Master Help Guide - here ~~ FAQ malware - here ~~ FAQ e-reading - here
    Mobile OS devices personal pantheon...
    ANDROID: Doogee DG310; SGS; Huawei Y300; Motoroloa Xoom 2ME; Razr; Defy Mini; CnM Touchpad II;
    Asus TF101; Lenovo A1; Samsung Tab 2 7.0
    APPLE: iPhone 4s; iPhone 5c; iPhone 6; iPhone 7; iPad 3; iPad Mini 2; iPad Air 2 64gb
    CHROMEBOOK: HP 14-Q010sa Celeron 14 Inch 4GB 16GB Chromebook - White.

Shockwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    163 times
    I use my T100 for exactly what you described. The only problem I have had is with finding a HDMI to VGA adapter that works well with the T100.

The problem seems to be that most of these HDMI to VGA adapters are powered from the T100's HDMI port and the HDMI port does not provide enough power to adequately turn on the adapter. So you're better off finding a HDMI to VGA adapter which has an external power connection. Although, the adapter you have may have the "Asus" name on it, that doesn't necessarily mean it is guaranteed to work with every Asus device. I haven't heard of an "official approved" Asus HDMI to VGA adapter.
    Last edited by Rednroll; 10-25-2014 at 08:41 AM.

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    419 times
    Can't say this enough...
    keep your model BIOS updated to the latest,
    run Asus Live Update and install all updates,
    update Windows and install all updates.
    Rick, loving my T100TA-C1-GR Z3740 64GB Win 10
    BIOS 314. All Windows updates except Bing. All Asus Live Updates. WIFI driver 5.93.99.210
    I get 8-12 hrs use per charge using SLEEP mode. Warning, NEVER calibrate the touchscreen.
    When posting for help, please include Your Model Particulars
    Casters T100 Master Help Guide

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    0 times
    Here's one clue. The HDMI problems (which many others report too) go away if the T-100 is plugged into power. Then the approved micro HDMI-VGA adapter works too. Since the failures to turn on from sleep or shutdown mode also go away after a short charge, I think the power regulation / management system is hosed up. Looks like the micro HDMI port just doesn't have the power to handle even the official VGA adapter when running on battery. What a poor engineering design.

Shockwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    163 times
    Here's another clue......look into Windows Presentation mode, and you may be able to realize this is a Windows mobile device.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    1 times
    Last edited by stonzee; 03-18-2015 at 03:50 PM.

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    419 times
    Quote Originally Posted by stonzee View Post
    Stonzee... I assume by , you're still having unresolved problems that make you dislike the T100?
    Rick, loving my T100TA-C1-GR Z3740 64GB Win 10
    BIOS 314. All Windows updates except Bing. All Asus Live Updates. WIFI driver 5.93.99.210
    I get 8-12 hrs use per charge using SLEEP mode. Warning, NEVER calibrate the touchscreen.
    When posting for help, please include Your Model Particulars
    Casters T100 Master Help Guide

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links