Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    None
    Liked
    0 times

Driver Issue on Clean Install

I just received a T100TA and after updating to BIOS 313 I did a clean install of windows 8.1 pro 32 Bit (Build 6.3.9600).

The installation goes fine but problems occur when I try to install drivers. That is, the SoC Drivers and Realtek Audio Drivers in particular. I have tried installing the SoC drivers from LiveUpdate as well as off the site (SOCPackage_Intel_BayT_T100TA_Win81_32_VER112) and (Realtek_Win81_32_VER6296004087) and the SoC drivers screw up my boot, making me unable to get into windows and producing dump files. The Audio drivers install, blue screen, and continue, but don't actually do anything since device manager still shows nothing as installed.

I am wondering if anyone else is experiencing the same problems as me. For now, I have reverted to the BackTracker backup I made, but I really would like a clean install.

Ive tried it a few times and its strange, considering it is a fresh install and legit drivers...

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Too lazy to choose
    Liked
    291 times
    Have you done all windows updates first? I'd start there. When I initially got my T100 ages ago, I had issues when I tried to update device drivers before the first round of Windows updates installed. I'd get BSoDs, issues with the touch display not working or display not working, etc forcing a factory restore. Happened about 7-8 times before I finally let all windows updates install (this was end of December, so I had all of November and December's updates to install) and then installed device drivers and it worked fine since.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by azazel1024 View Post
    Have you done all windows updates first? I'd start there. When I initially got my T100 ages ago, I had issues when I tried to update device drivers before the first round of Windows updates installed. I'd get BSoDs, issues with the touch display not working or display not working, etc forcing a factory restore. Happened about 7-8 times before I finally let all windows updates install (this was end of December, so I had all of November and December's updates to install) and then installed device drivers and it worked fine since.
    I am experiencing something similar...I did a fresh install, updated SOC package everything seems to be good for about 60 seconds then my screen goes blank. I am still able to see and use my cursor but cannot see anything on the screen....HELP...

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links