Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: microsd disapearing a lot, does anyone else have this?easy to replace sd card reader?

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    11 times

microsd disapearing a lot, does anyone else have this?easy to replace sd card reader?

hello everyone.

i think i might have pushed the microsd card in too far while resting my backpack on the ground one day,
    and this is causing the following problem:

-microsd card needs to be reinserted after booting or sometimes even while listening to music stored on the microsd card. (this happens frequently, but not to the extent that it drives me mad.
    -microsd card is stuck a bit deeper in it than before (i think?) so it's pretty hard to get it out?

so I have two questions:
    - does anyone else have this problem and is it normal for the T100 or did i wreck mine?
    - is it easy to unscrew the t100 and replace the sd card reader myself because I dont want to send my t100 back for repair,
    have to miss it for 2 months (again)... and eventually have to pay maybe 70$ repairs because they would claim i damaged it myself.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T102HA
    Liked
    1225 times
    There's a link on the page below on opening the T100:

https://www.ifixit.com/Device/Asus_Transformer_T100

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    419 times
    With your description, you've likely wrecked your microSD slot.

How far does/did your card stick out when properly inserted? How far is it sticking out now that you've jammed it in to far?

Dumb question but you do know how that card works don't?
    Rick, loving my T100TA-C1-GR Z3740 64GB Win 10
    BIOS 314. All Windows updates except Bing. All Asus Live Updates. WIFI driver 5.93.99.210
    I get 8-12 hrs use per charge using SLEEP mode. Warning, NEVER calibrate the touchscreen.
    When posting for help, please include Your Model Particulars
    Casters T100 Master Help Guide

Starscream
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    103 times
    Another dumb question, have you tried another SD card? Kinda hard to believe that you wrecked the slot. It should have just popped out if any pressure was placed on it. I dunno.

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    419 times
    Quote Originally Posted by fiat_lux View Post
    Another dumb question, have you tried another SD card? Kinda hard to believe that you wrecked the slot. It should have just popped out if any pressure was placed on it. I dunno.
    I was thinking that too but since the description of the issue was so broad that it's makes it difficult to determine what would have happened. We've had people post here that didn't understand the mechanics of the microSD slot and how the latching mechanism... that for many is not that tricky but for a few, they don't comprehend the mechanics of the press in to lock in place and then to eject, press in again.
    BIOS 314. All Windows updates except Bing. All Asus Live Updates. WIFI driver 5.93.99.210
    I get 8-12 hrs use per charge using SLEEP mode. Warning, NEVER calibrate the touchscreen.

Starscream
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    103 times
    Kinda going on the logic that if the drive was damaged/misaligned, I don't think it would read the card at all. That the card mounts and freezes at intermittent points sounds like some sector(s) is damaged. Maybe it was reading/writing to the card when some pressure was put to it. Could be a cheap fix instead of sending it in to Asus.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T102HA
    Liked
    1225 times
    H2testw is a utility - easily found via a search engine - that can be used to test the card.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    2 times
    I've had this problem on my T100 off and on since I got the unit last December. Sometimes it does it when I try to play music through metros music icon. Suddenly the card just disappears and I have to eject it and reinstall it. I have no problem from the classic side of the machine. I just click on the piece of music and I can play the album. It also sometimes fails to initialize on start up. Once again, if I eject and reinstall, it will usually come back . Sometimes I have to eject it a couple of times.
    I've talked to a couple of other owners of T100's who say they've experienced the same problem but like me find it annoying but not unendurable.
    I think it's either a problem with how metro apps handle hardware or maybe Asus got a bad batch of ports. No matter what the reason, the 305 (or was it 304) bios seems to have made it much less prevalent for me. Since I flashed the 307 bios, I haven't seen it happen on startup yet. I haven't tried the metro music app lately, but will report back if I use it and if it does it again.

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    4 times
    If there is a problem, when you insert the microsd card, a message pops up at the top right corner, you can tap to let windows repair the drive.

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    419 times
    I can truthfully say I've never had one single issue with my SanDisk Ultra 64GB MicroSD XC1.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links