Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: microsd disapearing a lot, does anyone else have this?easy to replace sd card reader?

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    11 times
    thanks for the suggestions, it seems like dconrad has the exact same problem as me!

i know how an SD card reader works by the way

i updated my BIOS & installed asus Live update which updated an emmc driver (?)
    i hope that fixes it.

I dont think there's any other driver we can manually install to update our sd card reader, is there?

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Too lazy to choose
    Liked
    291 times
    Sort of. The Intel SOC driver package likely has SD card bus drivers in it. I haven't bothered watching the unpack/install to see for sure if there is a likely driver name in there or not, but the SD card bus is part of the Bay Trail SOC, so odds are good, a driver is in that package.

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    11 times
    Good news,
    it's not the card reader.

It's either the SD card or a bug in windows Music App,
    probably the former

Starscream
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    126 times
    I purchased a Adata Premier 32GB MIcroSDHC Card UHS-1 Class 10 for my T100. I have been using Adata cards since my days with the Palm TX (classic PDA) and they have always performed well.
    But, in the T100 it would often not be recognized and would take multiple inserts to finally get it working properly. Also, I would have to remove it when doing a Restart or the T100 would just sit there spinning it's wheels
    I tried formatting to NTFS but that didn't help
    I tried installing Windows Optional Update 2995388 but that didn't help although it didn't do any harm either (as far as I can tell) See the following thread for details about 2995388
    T100 & issues with Windows October Updates
    When I put it in a USB Card Reader it was always recognized and worked properly
    I tested the Adata card in my Asus MemoPad HD 7 and my Samsung Galaxy phone and it worked great with no problems at all.

So when I saw the local store had a sale on cards I purchased a SanDisk Ultra 32GB MicroSDHC Card UHS-1 Class 10 for about half normal price
    The SanDisk has worked flawlessly straight out of the box without formatting (FAT32), the only thing I have done is to give it a permanent drive letter but that's just for the benefit of my backup software
    It's a bit slower than the Adata but it's fast enough for everyday use

So, from my experience, a good card (the Adata) won't necessarily work properly in the T100. I don't know if it's because the card is sending the wrong 'signals' (for want of a better term) of if the T100 is not reading the 'signals' properly but at the end of the day it's simply just a matter of some cards working and some not

The Adata card now lives in my Samsung phone and the SanDisk card lives in my T100, both devices and cards working well and I'm happy
    Last edited by FrillyBits; 10-20-2014 at 04:10 AM. Reason: Clarification
    Asus Transformer Book T100TA - Windows 10 (1607) 32 bit - CPU Z3740 - BIOS 314 - 32GB SSD - 500GB HD - 32GB SanDisk Ultra MicroSDHC Card UHS-1 Class 10 (NTFS)
    Asus MemoPad HD 7 - Android - 16GB

Starscream
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    103 times
    I've always heard that only a few companies make the memory cards and that everyone else just puts their branding on it. So, I've never paid too much attention to brand. I usually have pretty good luck with them but I don't tax them too much with alot of read/writes.

Shockwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    163 times
    Typically, I've been using Toshiba branded flash devices as well as USB HDD media and couldn't be happier with the performance, reliability, as well as the price.

I have a micro center near by where I live and they have micro center house branded micro SD cards and on a whim I decided to purchase one of these cards. I was pleasantly surprised when using a program that did read/write performance tests, when testing the micro center branded cards it actually reported that it was a Toshiba micro SD card. I confirmed the same thing on a micro center branded USB stick on the T100, when booting from a USB stick through UEFI, that the T100 showed it was a Toshiba USB stick. So the benefit was that I was now paying a lower price for Toshiba micro SD cards and USB sticks, while getting the same performance/reliability.

For micro center branded micro SD cards, the current prices I've been getting them for is $14 for a 32GB card and $20 for a 64GB card. I highly recommend these cards as well as any Toshiba branded cards. The micro center branded cards have pretty close to a 5 star rating from user reviews where my positive experience seems to be confirmed by many others within their review write-ups.

Micro Center Branded 32GB Micro SDHC Flash (Actually Toshiba) Price=$13.99
    Micro Center 32GB Class 10 Micro Secure Digital High Capacity (Micro SDHC) Flash Media Card 294397 - Micro Center

Toshiba Branded 32GB Micro SDHC Flash Price=$19.99
    Toshiba Micro 32GB Secure Digital Class 10 UHS-I Memory Card PFM032U-1DCK - Micro Center

So it's the exact same Toshiba card, but $6.00 less because Toshiba isn't written on the outside of it and it doesn't include the packaging you throw away immediately after you purchase it.
    Last edited by Rednroll; 10-20-2014 at 08:32 AM.

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    419 times
    Some years ago, I worked for an integrated circuit manufacturing company. Everyone knows that an IC is a complex device and after the device was fabricated, they were run on automated testing machines to perform comprehensive performance analysis of device.

Those machines had multiple outputs for the tested parts... there was the traditional PASS/FAIL but among the PASS category there was further differentiation for low/mid/high grade devices.

Among those PASSED parts, they demanded ever increasing prices for the low/mid/high grade parts. As long as they PASSED , they weren't thrown away and were sold as is, so... it's always a buyer beware situation.
    Rick, loving my T100TA-C1-GR Z3740 64GB Win 10
    BIOS 314. All Windows updates except Bing. All Asus Live Updates. WIFI driver 5.93.99.210
    I get 8-12 hrs use per charge using SLEEP mode. Warning, NEVER calibrate the touchscreen.
    When posting for help, please include Your Model Particulars
    Casters T100 Master Help Guide

Shockwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    163 times
    Quote Originally Posted by rickscheller View Post
    Some years ago, I worked for an integrated circuit manufacturing company. Everyone knows that an IC is a complex device and after the device was fabricated, they were run on automated testing machines to perform comprehensive performance analysis of device.

Those machines had multiple outputs for the tested parts... there was the traditional PASS/FAIL but among the PASS category there was further differentiation for low/mid/high grade devices.

Among those PASSED parts, they demanded ever increasing prices for the low/mid/high grade parts. As long as they PASSED , they weren't thrown away and were sold as is, so... it's always a buyer beware situation.
    So I take it you're familiar with terms such as "wafer percent yield rates"?
    rickscheller likes this.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    1 times

MicroSd Card slot Broken?

After getting my t100 (openBox newegg... thinking no warranty on the asus side) I inserted a microsd card into my tablet. Went in fine, Read/write perfect. When I attempted remove the card it pushed in slightly, and did not click. I released it and it moved back to its original position. After nearly killing my sdcard I managed to pry it out of the device. With the sd card clicking into properly, and still holding spring tension what could be causing it to not release when pushed in? Since I imagine I have no warranty with asus (Ill be looking into the warranty card to makesure) I am wondering if anyone else has a similar issue and if there is any fixes for it.(other than running a razer blade down the back of the card until you are able to get a grip on it with tweasers)
    The card goes all the way in (can barely feel it at the side of the device) and once in the card is pushed hard toward the screen leaving a gap towards the back of the tablet, Is something bent?

Guide Guru & Forum Administrator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Chromebook
    Liked
    2826 times
    @LordAvarice

Please search for existing threads before posting a new one. You have started two new threads & on both occasions there were existing threads on a similar related subject into which your posts were merged. It does make work for the mod/admin team if folks don't check first. Thank you.

Thread merged.

PLEASE Search for existing threads before posting a new one. Thanks.

Your opinion matters. But should you disagree - please try not to be disagreeable

Forum guide - here ~~ T100 FAQs - here ~~ Cold boot - here

Adobe Flash Player & Browser Guide here

Master Help Guide - here ~~ FAQ malware - here ~~ FAQ e-reading - here
    Mobile OS devices personal pantheon...
    ANDROID: Doogee DG310; SGS; Huawei Y300; Motoroloa Xoom 2ME; Razr; Defy Mini; CnM Touchpad II;
    Asus TF101; Lenovo A1; Samsung Tab 2 7.0
    APPLE: iPhone 4s; iPhone 5c; iPhone 6; iPhone 7; iPad 3; iPad Mini 2; iPad Air 2 64gb
    CHROMEBOOK: HP 14-Q010sa Celeron 14 Inch 4GB 16GB Chromebook - White.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links