Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    0 times

Windows 8.1 Sysprep breaks camera

We have hundreds of the Windows 8.1 Pro T100's that we are trying to deploy within our organization. These are the 32bit 64gb hard drive versions. We have created an image, captured it on Landesk using UEFI capable Ethernet to USB adapters. After the tablet boots back into Windows, the camera does not function. In fact, it is not listed in Device Manager. The only way to fix it is to run the Intel SOC Driver package. Sometimes this has to be done 2 or 3 times.

To rule out the imaging process, I simply sysprepped one and rebooted back into the Windows. The same camera problem occurs. Is this a known issue? Is there a fix?

Thanks

Spike

Guide Guru & Forum Administrator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Chromebook
    Liked
    2825 times
    Welcome to the forum Spike

Does this help - copied from another thread...

Quote Originally Posted by exitguy View Post
    The last MS Update wrecked the camera - roll back your driver and it should be ok to go, I did and all is well. Make sure in the MS Update you Hide the faulty update so it will not be applied again.
    Quote Originally Posted by brkr12002 View Post
    Thanks, got it working again. Was not able to rollback the intel 2400 driver for some reason, but found this thread that fixed the windows update issue.

Newer Drivers for T100TA Model

PLEASE Search for existing threads before posting a new one. Thanks.

Your opinion matters. But should you disagree - please try not to be disagreeable

Forum guide - here ~~ T100 FAQs - here ~~ Cold boot - here

Adobe Flash Player & Browser Guide here

Master Help Guide - here ~~ FAQ malware - here ~~ FAQ e-reading - here
    Mobile OS devices personal pantheon...
    ANDROID: Doogee DG310; SGS; Huawei Y300; Motoroloa Xoom 2ME; Razr; Defy Mini; CnM Touchpad II;
    Asus TF101; Lenovo A1; Samsung Tab 2 7.0
    APPLE: iPhone 4s; iPhone 5c; iPhone 6; iPhone 7; iPad 3; iPad Mini 2; iPad Air 2 64gb
    CHROMEBOOK: HP 14-Q010sa Celeron 14 Inch 4GB 16GB Chromebook - White.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    0 times
    Thank you for the welcome and information Janner. I am still going through the posts. I haven't had much luck today. I restored back to factory and verified the camera was working after that. I checked Windows Updates to see what was listed, but I did not see anything listed for the Intel 2400. I did see an update for the Microsoft Camera Codec Pack (KB2899189) published on December 9, 2013 and Capella Microsystems Light Sensor (CM3218x Ambient Light Sensor) published June 18, 2014. I then decided not to install any updates and just do syprep. I used OOBE and Generalize and let the tablet shut down. I booted back into Windows and went through the naming and confuring settings. I tried the camera icon from the Metro screen and it did not work. It said, "To get started, connect a camera.". I checked Device Manager and there is no imaging device listed to roll back the drivers on. Hopefully, this is something that can be fixed. Thanks again.

Spike

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links