Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    2 times

Multiple issues, mostly touchpad.

I was initially very excited about this device, but have since come to the conclusion that it is...let's be kind and say "unfinished". I know that it is common practice these days to sell a product and then let the end-users do the testing, but this is ridiculous. I have never had this many issues with any device.

I once got BSOD: DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION while typing in notepad, but that has yet to happen again. However, I have quite a few times gotten BSOD: IRQ_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL when disconnecting the dock...so is there something wrong with the dock driver?

Sometimes it appears that a touchscreen tap can't perform actions a touchpad tap can, such as use the red button on the top-right corner of the program window. Why?

Wifi used to be unusably slow, but at least that was fixable, but obviously not with the drivers offered by Asus update.

And then the touchpad...I thought Synaptics sucked, but oh boy.
    Goes to sleep mode very quickly and then requires an extra tap or two to wake up. Can't change this behaviour anywhere, even the registry.
    Nigh always after sleep, mouse pointer is slow and there are no touchpad features such as double tap context menu. Restarting Smart Gesture does not help.
    Occasionally the touchpad just stops working altogether, mouse pointer disappears. Some problem with tablet mode recognition, perhaps?

Mine still sometimes rarely drains its battery during sleep. The rarity matters little as I can't rely on it anymore, and have been forced to use hibernate instead. Which obviously wasn't too easily enabled either.
    Asus T100TA-DK007H 64GB SSD + 64GB microSD, HDD dock without HDD, iPearl mCover (black)
    Ex: Asus T91MT

rscheller
    One question... are you up to date on Windows, BIOS and drivers? A number of your issues are directly related.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    2 times
    I never use automatic updates due to past extremely negative experience (windows update + gpu drivers, yeah...), so I check for updates myself regularly. The only W8 update I'm being offered now is for Silverlight. I haven't rejected any updates aside from some Bing crap.

Regarding drivers, I've been expecting Asus Live Update to find updates when I run it, but nothing has come up recently. I did install Smart Gesture 2.2.16 (and the ATKACPI .33 before that as instructed, might've even restarted in between) hoping for improvement, though it was mostly marginal. I think I also downloaded the 3.04 BIOS, which I'm running, myself...

Hmm...I can't see anything later than 3.07 on the Asus site, yet a thread here speaks of 3.09, and still yet run 3.06, why?

Which issues do you think are directly related, aside the multitude of gripes with the touchpad for they can all probably be attributed to Smart Gesture?
    I haven't seen any updates for the dock at least, the only thing that comes to mind is ATKACPI and it's the latest available.

EDIT:
    If you run, say, msinfo32 and scroll with the touchscreen, will the window lose focus or does that only happen on my unit?

EDIT2:
    Now the f* mouse disappeared again. Then after a moment, it came back, worked for about 10 seconds, and then BSOD: IRQ_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL.

I've also come to notice that Smart Gesture two-finger-tap context menu -gesture does not work in some programs, such as regedit. Wtf...

EDIT3:
    I uninstalled Smart Gesture to try a non-narcoleptic touchpad for a moment. I just now realized that my touch screen is running the Microsoft basic driver. Is there really no specific driver for the T100 touch screen?
    Last edited by Ligence; 08-03-2014 at 05:56 PM.
    Asus T100TA-DK007H 64GB SSD + 64GB microSD, HDD dock without HDD, iPearl mCover (black)
    Ex: Asus T91MT

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    0 times
    Hello, I'm Paulo, from Brazil.

I purchased the T100TAS (DK056B) model on the 28th of November, 2014. It came with BIOS v. 207 and it can't be updated as it is the only release for this model in specific. Also, I have updated Smart Gesture to real latest version available on Asus download website (just search there for Smart Gesture) which is version 2.2.19. ATK driver is version 1.0.0036 (also latest version available from Asus).

I experience the very same issue of yours. After a system sleep, the touchpad will simply lose its advanced features and it is slow as hell. I must restart Windows in order to have it working decently again. No blue screen issues here though.

EDIT: I have just tried ending these processes from Windows Task Manager: Asus Smart Gesture Center, Asus Smart Gesture Detector and Asus Smart Gesture Helper; then I relaunched them from their installation folder: "C:\Program Files\ASUS\ASUS Smart Gesture\AsTPCenter\x86". Smart Gesture works again. Touchpad is fast and all advanced features are working. So, it is clearly a software issue which must be insistently reported to Asus whom must come up with a patch ASAP.

Another issue I experience with my device is the dock HDD becoming unusable. I must detach the dock and attach again in order to get the HDD working again. I am reluctant to believe this is a hardware issue because the HDD will become unavailable out of the blue without me messing up with docking / undocking. I would bet this is a driver / firmware issue.

I am going to report these issues to Asus support in Brazil and in the US. Please, I urge you, make a report as well. The higher the number of people complaining about this one issue, the more likely it will be for Asus to come up with a fix.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    0 times

Red face

I have found a workaround for the slow / functionless touchpad after a system sleep. Just double click the .bat file I am attaching to this post. There is NO need to run it as admin. The misbehavior is fixed by shutting down processes related to Smart Gesture and relaunching the main process which, in turn, relaunches other necessary processes. It has been working flawlessly for me!

Restart Smart Gesture.zip

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links