Thread: asus transformer book t100ta-c1-gr won't turn on

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    Asus Taichi
    Liked
    0 times

asus transformer book t100ta-c1-gr won't turn on

Purchased on 4/8/2014 - won't turn on - has been charging all night - white light next to power button but won't turn on. Suggestions?

rscheller
    That light next to the power button only lights when the charger is plugged in. Plug your charger in and see what color that light next to the power button is? It'll be either orange, white or off (black).

If it's off (black), your charger is not plugged in (check both ends) or has malfunctioned.
    If it's orange, the charger is charging the battery.
    If it's white, the battery has become fully charged. Good idea to disconnect the charger now.

Now on to start up of the T100.

Assuming you have/had a full charge (white light), hold down the power button about 2-3 seconds until you see the "white light" (not the power button light)... but the white light just to the right of the camera turn on... immediately release the power button.
    In about a second, you should see the ASUS logo in the middle of the screen and below that you'll see revolving dots. In a few more seconds you'll see the Windows start screen.

If you see anything else, come back here and report exactly what happened.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    1 times
    I am having the same problem, started yesterday. Battery charged (white battery light). When I hold the power button no white indicator light.

My problem started yesterday when I was trying to log back into Windows. Message 'resource use high - logon ...' don't remember the exact message. I figured I had entered the wrong password, tried again and screen went to 'slide here to shutdown'. It did not shutdown so I charged the battery overnight. This morning same message 'slide to shutdown' did that and now it displays symptoms described by rscheller
    Last edited by irenedgoff; 07-12-2014 at 09:01 AM. Reason: solution

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    1 times
    I was able to fix my problem after talking with my techie son (of course). I just held the power button down for 30 seconds to do a hard power off/reset. Then when I held the button for 3 seconds the white light in front of tablet came on and Windows started.

Previously I was getting a dark grayish screen and if I touched the screen I would see disappearing circles of light from where I had pressed on the screen. Power but no Windows?

Anyway I am very happy to have my tablet working again.
    morerush likes this.

rscheller
    Quote Originally Posted by irenedgoff View Post
    I was able to fix my problem after talking with my techie son (of course). I just held the power button down for 30 seconds to do a hard power off/reset. Then when I held the button for 3 seconds the white light in front of tablet came on and Windows started.

Previously I was getting a dark grayish screen and if I touched the screen I would see disappearing circles of light from where I had pressed on the screen. Power but no Windows?

Anyway I am very happy to have my tablet working again.
    That bolded part is very important to try if your tablet seems otherwise un-response. It's the same thing as holding the power button on the front of a desktop/tablet PC.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    0 times
    Thank You,irenedgoff.Followed you directions and I'm up and running again.Mine Froze after an update!

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    0 times
    Thank You,irenedgoff. Followed you directions as well and was able to get transformer powered on again

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book 100TAF
    Liked
    0 times

Help please!

Quote Originally Posted by rscheller View Post
    That bolded part is very important to try if your tablet seems otherwise un-response. It's the same thing as holding the power button on the front of a desktop/tablet PC.
    My tablet will not power on. I had a dead batter so I pulled it in and was using it while it charged. When I plug in the power cord there is a white light next to the power button. However, when I try to turn it on the light next to the power button just blinks 5 times really fast. I did the 30 second hard restart and then wait and hold down for 3 seconds: absolutely nothing. Now power. What am I doing wrong??

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    0 times
    If you see anything else, come back here and report exactly what happened....

the light is white,

I hold for 3 seconds and after that a second later make a squeaky sound and nothing else happens,

tried to hold for longer without luck

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book 100TAF
    Liked
    0 times
    I had the same problem and here is how I fixed it: I had to open the unit, disconnect the battery, push the power button for 30 seconds then reconnect the battery. This site was extremely helpful: https://www.ifixit.com/Guide/Asus+Tr...lacement/25185. You don't have to remove the battery, just disconnect it. When I first got my t100taf through E-bay, the wifi would not work so I decided to reset the OS. After I did that, I got back the wifi but every time the tablet went to sleep, it died. I would only get the 5 or 6 flashes from the LED next to the power button like you are experiencing. It wasn't until I updated the bios that this behavior finally straightened out. I think I opened up that tablet 3 or 4 times before I finally fixed it. I found that I needed some strong fingernails to open it enough to slide in a guitar pick (the kind that wraps around your thumb). A credit card or two will keep the tablet halves apart enough to finish the opening process by sliding the guitar pick around the housing. There are a few sites that show how to open a t100 without breaking it. Research, while boring, is always worth the effort.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links