Thread: Strange touch screen problems

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    22 times

Strange touch screen problems

I turned on my T100 yesterday evening only to find that I'd left it running in sleep mode, with the charger disconnected and the WiFi on, for about 3 days. So I plugged it in and left it for a few hours to recharge. Then I noticed that random 'dimples' appeared on the screen, of the type that you see if you tap the screen sharply. The touch screen seemed to be triggering itself, usually in 2 or 3 different spots at any one time, and in different locations on the screen but within about a 4"x4" square just to the right of the middle.

This was interfering with my being able to use the touch screen for anything at all. Even trying to drag down the lock screen was all but impossible. I did a three-finger salute (Ctrl+Alt+Del) and managed to shut the machine down. (To my way of thinking, I shouldn't be able to get to the Ctrl+Alt+Del screen while the machine is locked, but that's another story.) When I powered it up again I found that it had done some updates - presumably while charging and before the touch screen problem started. After finishing off the update-after-reboot process, the touch screen problem seemed to have disappeared.

Very strange. Has anyone else seen anything like this?
    Garry Knight
    Asus Transformer Book T100

rscheller
    No touch screen problem like that seen by me but I'd highly suggest IMHO, to set windows updates to notify you rather than auto install. The T100 can be a bit finicky when allowed to update itself especially when it's in sleep mode.
    garryknight likes this.

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    22 times
    Good idea. Thanks for the suggestion.
    Garry Knight

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    0 times

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by garryknight View Post
    I turned on my T100 yesterday evening only to find that I'd left it running in sleep mode, with the charger disconnected and the WiFi on, for about 3 days. So I plugged it in and left it for a few hours to recharge. Then I noticed that random 'dimples' appeared on the screen, of the type that you see if you tap the screen sharply. The touch screen seemed to be triggering itself, usually in 2 or 3 different spots at any one time, and in different locations on the screen but within about a 4"x4" square just to the right of the middle.

This was interfering with my being able to use the touch screen for anything at all. Even trying to drag down the lock screen was all but impossible. I did a three-finger salute (Ctrl+Alt+Del) and managed to shut the machine down. (To my way of thinking, I shouldn't be able to get to the Ctrl+Alt+Del screen while the machine is locked, but that's another story.) When I powered it up again I found that it had done some updates - presumably while charging and before the touch screen problem started. After finishing off the update-after-reboot process, the touch screen problem seemed to have disappeared.

Very strange. Has anyone else seen anything like this?
    It happens to me, when I have the tablet working for some time this problem arise often. I send the tablet to asus technical support and they eventually fixed the problem. But it took no time to happen again. The second time I send the tablet they even bothered to touch the computer, they just return it to me with a few pages with graphics that show everything is fine but it's not. Because the error happens again and again. I will try to record the problem when arise again and send it to them. If they don't do anything this time it will be the last time I expend a single buck in an Asus product.

rscheller
    Quote Originally Posted by dsolo View Post
    It happens to me, when I have the tablet working for some time this problem arise often. I send the tablet to asus technical support and they eventually fixed the problem. But it took no time to happen again. The second time I send the tablet they even bothered to touch the computer, they just return it to me with a few pages with graphics that show everything is fine but it's not. Because the error happens again and again. I will try to record the problem when arise again and send it to them. If they don't do anything this time it will be the last time I expend a single buck in an Asus product.
    Have you tried any of the suggested fixes? You haven't specifically detailed your issue. It's pretty hard for anyone to attempt to provide you with help when you simply say "that happens to me too."

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    22 times
    Sorry to hear it, dsolo. Mine seems to have fixed itself after an update and a reboot. I hope you eventually get yours fixed, too.
    Garry Knight

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links