Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: [ SOLVED ] just got the T100, how do you update the ASUS firmware?

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    2 times

[ SOLVED ] just got the T100, how do you update the ASUS firmware?

It's my first 8.1 machine and so far, I'm not liking. Probably because it's very different compare to 7. In any event, how do you install the firmware dl'ed from ASUS site? I got the BIOS done with Winflash. But I tried the other updates like the hotfix, I can't get it to install. It's so confusing!!!

Guide Guru & Forum Administrator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Chromebook
    Liked
    2826 times
    I can't offer any specific help - not a Windows user - but I can welcome you to our forum .

I've moved this thread from the android tf101 section you originally posted it in (easy to do with the two model numbers so similar) & I'm sure one of our helpful t100 members will be along to give you some pointers

Oh, BTW, I moved your other thread on app install issues from the T100 General discussion section to the T100 apps section.

All the best

PLEASE Search for existing threads before posting a new one. Thanks.

Your opinion matters. But should you disagree - please try not to be disagreeable

Forum guide - here ~~ T100 FAQs - here ~~ Cold boot - here

Adobe Flash Player & Browser Guide here

Master Help Guide - here ~~ FAQ malware - here ~~ FAQ e-reading - here
    Mobile OS devices personal pantheon...
    ANDROID: Doogee DG310; SGS; Huawei Y300; Motoroloa Xoom 2ME; Razr; Defy Mini; CnM Touchpad II;
    Asus TF101; Lenovo A1; Samsung Tab 2 7.0
    APPLE: iPhone 4s; iPhone 5c; iPhone 6; iPhone 7; iPad 3; iPad Mini 2; iPad Air 2 64gb
    CHROMEBOOK: HP 14-Q010sa Celeron 14 Inch 4GB 16GB Chromebook - White.

rscheller
    Asus provides a program on the T100 called "Asus Live Update" and it's generally the best way to install Asus driver and system updates since their are a few of them that the order of install is critical to proper functioning. To find the program, start by going to the metro start screen and find "Asus Live Update" and run it.
    janner43 likes this.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    2 times
    metro start screen is the classic desktop or the tiles? Sorry, I'm new to 8.1.

rscheller
    Tiles... and if Asus Live Update is not a tile you can see on the main start screen, either touch the down arrow at the lower left or swipe up on the main start screen to expose all installed apps.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by rscheller View Post
    Tiles... and if Asus Live Update is not a tile you can see on the main start screen, either touch the down arrow at the lower left or swipe up on the main start screen to expose all installed apps.
    Thanks, I found it! I clicked it and it asks me if I want to allow the program to make changes to computer. I said yes, the prompt goes away and nothing happens. Is this normal?

rscheller
    You may need to go to the desktop and on the taskbar click the up arrow at the lower right and select the blue orb with the U on it. That'll open the Asus Live Update update window. It'll list any updates your system needs. Just click on the install updates bar and it'll do its thing. Your T100 should restart on its own if needed, but make sure you don't do a manual restart if necessary until Asus Live Update confirms all updates are installed.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    2 times
    YES! that worked, thanks a bunch!
    rscheller likes this.

rscheller
    Glad you got it.

Many people don't use Asus Live Update and in fact have (IMHO wrongfully) removed it from their T100. Note, it can be downloaded from the Asus support page.

FYI - there is a post here about Asus Live Update waiting weeks and weeks to install an update that is available for direct download from Asus' Support page. I've generally learned over my eight months of ownership to take a wait and see approach for updates as well as applying a liberal dose of if it ain't broke, don't fix it. Plus... don't ever be an early adopter, especially when it comes to the BIOS since there have been at least 2, maybe 3, that have been released and then pulled by Asus.

Note - Live Update does auto start and runs in the background and if there's ever an update available that directly affects your T100, it'll notify you. It can be set to not auto install but just notify you, sort of like Windows updates which I never auto install without first looking at what they are.

Have fun with your T100.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    0 times
    I ran the Live Update and find there are many updates identified. For example, there are multiple BIOS version updates. Do I need to install them all in numeric sequence?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links