Results 1 to 7 of 7
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By JoeCanuck
  • 2 Post By JoeCanuck

Thread: how to disable onscreen keyboard

  1. #1
    Jazz
    Member #
    12077
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Posts
    56
    Liked
    9 times

    how to disable onscreen keyboard

    Good day. I have a T100TA. My last tablet was a Transformer TF101. I still have it but Android just got old....terrible browsers and the last straw was it couldn't even properly open up a simple word document...so I decided to give windows a try.

    For the most part, I'm happier. Every browser just works...no more having to use a half a dozen or more browsers just to make sure one can do the particular task I needed doing. The word doc that was causing me so much grief, (and I really, really needed), opened and edited without a single issue.

    As expected, there are a couple of things which are a bit of a pain...the worst being that whenever I touch the screen to fill out a form or input line, the damned software keyboard pops up and covers half the screen.

    Is there a way to just turn the thing off while I'm docked?

    Thanks.
    rogel likes this.

  2. #2
    rscheller
    Guest
    No I don't believe there is but do a google search and there may be something available.

  3. #3
    Jazz
    Member #
    12077
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Posts
    56
    Liked
    9 times
    For all those who rarely, if ever, use the software keyboard on their T100...I have some good news for you. After so much frustration with that damned software keyboard popping up every time I touched an input field, and hours of searching, I stumbled upon a solution to shut the software keyboard off. It's not permanent....the software keyboard can be enabled any time you wish...it only takes a few seconds.

    Here's the process;

    In desktop mode, long press the windows icon in the lower left corner until a box highlights. Release the icon.
    From the list, choose 'Computer Management'.
    From there, double tap 'Services and Applications'.
    Next, double tap Services.
    Go down the list and double tap 'Touch Keyboard and handwriting panel services'.
    From the 'Startup type' dropdown, choose 'Disabled'
    From the 'Service Status' options, choose 'Stop'.
    Hit Apply and you're done...the software keyboard should stay hidden when you tap an input field.

    To reactivate the software keyboard, enable 'Automatic' in 'Startup Type' and 'Start' in 'Service Status'. Hit apply and the software keyboard works again.

    I have seen this problem reported enough to know it's an issue for a lot more people than just me. I recommend making it a sticky or at least changing the title to , Disable Software Keyboard, to allow easier searching.

    Thanks.
    frenziedfemale and rscheller like this.

  4. #4
    Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

    Member #
    47076
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Northern tip Vancouver Island
    Tablet
    TF700
    Posts
    1,736
    Liked
    501 times
    Great tip! I edited the title of the thread to help others find this very informative info!

  5. #5
    Soundwave
    Member #
    65668
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Posts
    4
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeCanuck View Post
    For all those who rarely, if ever, use the software keyboard on their T100...I have some good news for you. After so much frustration with that damned software keyboard popping up every time I touched an input field, and hours of searching, I stumbled upon a solution to shut the software keyboard off. It's not permanent....the software keyboard can be enabled any time you wish...it only takes a few seconds.

    Here's the process;

    In desktop mode, long press the windows icon in the lower left corner until a box highlights. Release the icon.
    From the list, choose 'Computer Management'.
    From there, double tap 'Services and Applications'.
    Next, double tap Services.
    Go down the list and double tap 'Touch Keyboard and handwriting panel services'.
    From the 'Startup type' dropdown, choose 'Disabled'
    From the 'Service Status' options, choose 'Stop'.
    Hit Apply and you're done...the software keyboard should stay hidden when you tap an input field.

    To reactivate the software keyboard, enable 'Automatic' in 'Startup Type' and 'Start' in 'Service Status'. Hit apply and the software keyboard works again.

    I have seen this problem reported enough to know it's an issue for a lot more people than just me. I recommend making it a sticky or at least changing the title to , Disable Software Keyboard, to allow easier searching.

    Thanks.

    i just experience the screen keyboard popping. its wasnt like this before. the problem with this solution is that if you undock, screen keyboard is still disabled.

    what is happening. its so annoying! i hope ASUS can fix this. Before there was no problem. screen keyboard wont pop up when im docked. but now its just weird.

  6. #6
    Soundwave
    Member #
    65668
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Posts
    4
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeCanuck View Post
    Good day. I have a T100TA. My last tablet was a Transformer TF101. I still have it but Android just got old....terrible browsers and the last straw was it couldn't even properly open up a simple word document...so I decided to give windows a try.

    For the most part, I'm happier. Every browser just works...no more having to use a half a dozen or more browsers just to make sure one can do the particular task I needed doing. The word doc that was causing me so much grief, (and I really, really needed), opened and edited without a single issue.

    As expected, there are a couple of things which are a bit of a pain...the worst being that whenever I touch the screen to fill out a form or input line, the damned software keyboard pops up and covers half the screen.

    Is there a way to just turn the thing off while I'm docked?

    Thanks.
    any fix to this? i just had this problem today.

  7. #7
    Soundwave
    Member #
    97079
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    Canada
    Tablet
    TF Book T200
    Posts
    1
    Liked
    0 times

    New problem August 2018

    Quote Originally Posted by rogel View Post
    any fix to this? i just had this problem today.
    I also have just had this problem the past week or so. I'm thinking it must be from some recent update. But how do we get rid of it without having to turn off the onscreen keyboard?

 

 

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Software keyboard tips?
    By MarkMan in forum Asus Transformer Book T100 Help
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 07-10-2014, 05:45 PM
  2. System bar keep popping up
    By realife3 in forum Transformer Pad Infinity TF700 (Tegra 3) Help
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-15-2013, 03:31 PM
  3. Keyboard Dock is Popping Open!
    By sarahfailin in forum Asus Transformer (TF101) Help
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 07-27-2012, 10:38 PM

Search tags for this page

asus t100 disable on screen keyboard while docked

,

asus t100 disable osk

,

asus t100 how to show onscreen keyboard

,
asus transformer how to turn off on screen
,

asus transformer turn off touch screen

,

disable on screen keyboard asus tft 101

,
disable soft keyboard asus transformer pad
,
how to disable keyboard asus t100
,
how to disable touch screen transformer
,
how to get keyboard off tablet screen
,

news

,
turn off touch screen asus t100
Click on a term to search for related topics.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.3
Copyright © 2019 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1
All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:12 AM.