Thread: Zooming...

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    6 times

Zooming...

A couple of questions on zooming and increasing font size...

When I am in say.. Desktop and I pinch out to zoom, the folders become larger and larger, as expected...
    but... the font size for the name of the folders stays the same no matter how big or small you make the folder.
    How can I have the font size get bigger when zooming in?

When I go into Settings/Change PC settings/PC and Devices/Display...
    I am not given the opportunity to change font sizes, it says default and is greyed out, I can't make changes.
    Any ideas why?

TIA

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    6 times
    Well I have managed to answer my own questions and would like to share my results.

My overall goal was to increase the size of fonts on the T-100 to make reading text easier on the eyes.

Because of the nature of the beast, one must go about this in four different areas:
    1. Desktop environment
    2. Internet Browsing environment
    3. App environment
    4. Start screen environment

For the Desktop environment here is how to increase the font size to a nice readable size:
    Control Panel/Ease of Access/Optimize Visual Display/Change size of text and icons/Custom sizing options/Scale percentage 150%

For the Internet Browsing environment (assuming you continue to use Internet Explorer) just open IE and on any page you can make these changes. Hold the Ctrl key down and then press the '+' key and your fonts will increase. Do it a second time to increase even more.
    Ctrl and the '-' key will decrease the font size.

For the App environments you will have to investigate each app on its own to figure out how to increase font size within the app. So far the apps I've opened have allowed me to do this.

I haven't been able to figure out how to increase the font size in the Start screen environment yet. If someone cracks this one, please let us know!
    rscheller likes this.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links