Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    0 times

Asus Live Update doesn't seem to run

Hi, Just got a new T100 this week. Have found this site very useful and tried to follow the advice of installing new Asus updates as soon as possible. When I click on the Live Update program it gives me the usual warning that this software may want to make changes to the device. I then click on OK - but nothing happens. Have tried a few times now - anything I'm doing wrong? Many thanks!

rscheller
    Asus Live Update can't be run from metro... it only runs from the desktop. Look in you desktop taskbar notification area... might need to click on the up arrow... it's the blue globe icon.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    0 times
    Hi Rick - thanks for the response. I'm struggling a bit getting used to windows 8 but I have the desktop displayed. The notification area I think is the band at the bottom of the screen which contains the battery and network signal? I've expanded it (using the up arrow) to include all items but Asuslive is not visible.
    Anything I'm missing?
    Other than this the device seems to be working well.

Mike

rscheller
    I'm away from my T100 right now. I don't want to guess, so I'll check later and let you know for sure.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    0 times
    Hi Rick - after about 30 minutes the asus live icon has appeared!
    It lists 5 recommended updates including 'Broadcom wireless lan driver' and 'BIOS 304'. I see on this forum there has been some negative comments for these - do you think I'm better playing safe and leaving it for a while?
    I also see recommendations to install a BIOS update by downloading the BIOS version and then using 'winflash' rather than using Asus Liveupdate.
    Thanks

rscheller
    First question, how is your T100 working for you? If your answer is OK, go ahead and wait a week or two.

Once you decide to install the Asus Live Updates, make sure your T100 has a good battery charge and have it plugged into power.

Couple more questions
    - what is your current BIOS version? To find out, go to desktop and select start > run and enter msinfo32 <enter>. There'll be a line in the report show showing your BIOS version.
    - what is your Broadcomm WiFi driver version? If your unsure how to check, do a search here for that. Only a few people have had issues using the latest WiFi driver. I don't think you will but it's easy to roll back a driver in device manager.

As for BIOS updates as well as driver updates using Asus Live Update, when you do decide to let it update them, it's pretty bullet proof.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    0 times
    Hi Rick,

Only had the T100 for a few days but its been on constantly and seems to working fine so I'll wait a bit. (Over the next day or so I need to install some software so that I can plug in my USB DAC to listen to Spotify via my hifi).

The BIOS version is T100TA.227 and the broadcomm driver version is 5.93.99.187.
    I've been reading that the later updates have sometimes affected wifi so another reason to wait a while?

Many thanks for your help

rscheller
    As for your WiFi driver, if you have and continue to maintain a strong solid connection to your AP, you really have no reason to update from that driver. The next (current one) is 5.93.99.187.1 but like I said, basically if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

As for your BIOS, 227 was a pretty decent release and I see no reason not to stay at that one for a while, especially since Asus retracted 306. Again, if it ain't broke....

Have fun getting to know your T100.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links