Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    0 times

Angry Cursor jumping around when typing on the keyboard

Hi, I recently bought T100 , and am happy with the machine. (apart from the RAM but I was aware of that when i bought it)

I have a very annoying problem that when I type using the keyboard, the cursor often selects previous typed text so that I find myself typing into the midddle of a previous word. I have tried turning off the touchpad but still have the same problem. I am guessing that I am catching the wrong key somewhere whilst typing, but have never had this problem on previous computers or keyboards.

Is anyone else having the same problem, or have a suggested solution? It's driving me crazy.....

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    Too lazy to choose
    Liked
    0 times
    i have the same problem and its driving me crazy as well as i'm trying to type up work. i cant find a solution for it on the trouble shooting section of the manual.please help

Starscream
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TAM
    Liked
    71 times
    It's been a Windows problem since WinVista. Only affects laptops.

Try unchecking "Hide pointer while typing" in mouse settings.
    OR
    Try installing TouchFreeze.
    Last edited by Rocket_Scientist; 02-11-2016 at 09:58 AM.
    Asus Transformer T100TAM-C1-GM, Atom Z3775, 2GB-RAM, 64GB eMMC, Win8.1-32 updated to Win10-32
    ASUSTeK Computer Inc. -Support- Drivers and Download T100TAM

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    Too lazy to choose
    Liked
    0 times
    It can get worse, I don't even have to type my cursor is going hyper active non stop. I talked to support, zero help, factory reset did nothing. It's so bad that I can't even move my cursor long enough to shut down or restart, its clicking randomly all over my screen that rapidly. Basically I'm sitting here waiting for the battery to die because that is the only way I can shut it down at this point.

I can't express how disappointed and upset I am with this product, this is my third one (first two had to be returned due to power issues) it has been used less than 20 times.

The product has become nothing more than a paper weight in my case.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Nuzt View Post
    It can get worse, I don't even have to type my cursor is going hyper active non stop. I talked to support, zero help, factory reset did nothing. It's so bad that I can't even move my cursor long enough to shut down or restart, its clicking randomly all over my screen that rapidly. Basically I'm sitting here waiting for the battery to die because that is the only way I can shut it down at this point.

I can't express how disappointed and upset I am with this product, this is my third one (first two had to be returned due to power issues) it has been used less than 20 times.

The product has become nothing more than a paper weight in my case.
    I have to agree with your comments. Using my T100TA now on vacation and I think this is the last time I haul this paperweight on my back. Even at 3 lbs, it is heavy. I guess paying more for a Surface Pro would be worth it if I needed a mobile PC. Going to now rely on an Android tablet / smart phone for connectivity on the road like everyone else. Keyboard issues really sink this product, along with memory and storage space.

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100HA
    Liked
    3 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Nuzt View Post
    [...]
    Is this the problem with ghost clicks from the touch screen ?
    There is a utility on the asus web site which recalibrates the touch screen.

If the problem is the touchpad, you might be out of luck.

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    17 times
    Out of curiosity, are you using the charger that came with the T100 or are you using a 3rd-party charger?

I ask; because when I first purchased my T100, I had a similar issue. It turns out it was caused by the Samsung charger I was using. When I went back to the charger that came with the T100, the issue stopped. Worth a shot.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T102HA
    Liked
    1225 times

Welcome to the forum. This appears to be a common glitch. You may want to look over the comments and suggestions found here:

Cursor jumps around while typing - Microsoft Community

There may be something mentioned that might help resolve your problem.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    Researching
    Liked
    0 times
    I have been having the same issue with my Asus laptop. It's been driving me nuts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Asus USA Social Media Team
    Member #
    Tablet
    Uncategorised
    Liked
    154 times
    Quote Originally Posted by hanndan View Post
    Hi, I recently bought T100 , and am happy with the machine. (apart from the RAM but I was aware of that when i bought it)

I have a very annoying problem that when I type using the keyboard, the cursor often selects previous typed text so that I find myself typing into the midddle of a previous word. I have tried turning off the touchpad but still have the same problem. I am guessing that I am catching the wrong key somewhere whilst typing, but have never had this problem on previous computers or keyboards.

Is anyone else having the same problem, or have a suggested solution? It's driving me crazy.....
    Hi, allow us to apologize for the inconvenience caused. Are you still experiencing this issue?
    Asus USA is a social support channel for North American purchasers. UK users requiring warranty support should contact their retailer. For other geographic locations, please check your product documentation or the Asus website for your locality and follow the support section instructions.

Transformer Forums is a privately owned "user to user" forum and is not affiliated with ASUSTeK Computer Inc in any way.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links