Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    0 times

usb 3.0 only gets 40mps

I have been recently trying to move a lot of files around my computers and i noticed that the T100 isn't that quick with my external hard drive, only reaching 40 mbps. The hard drive is a buffalo ministation HD-PCFU3 and it does say it supports usb 3.0 speeds so I'm not sure whats the problem. I'm sorry if a question like this has already been answered, but I've been searching for quite a while and haven't found anything.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Too lazy to choose
    Liked
    291 times
    Need more info. How are you moving the files around. From where to where?

If you are moving them on to the T100, that is because the eMMC in the T100 is limited to 30-45MB/sec maximum write speeds. If you are moving them from the T100 to the USB3 HDD, are they big files? Or small files? Big, that is odd, as the t100 should hit over 100MB/sec read speeds on the eMMC. If they are small, probably you are hitting a small file write limitation on the HDD. Spinning disks don't read and write small files very fast.

For reference, mbps mean megabits per second, not megabytes per second. I assume you mean MB/sec, which is megabytes per second, or alterantely it can be written MBps (the M should always be capped, no matter what, whether it is Mbps or MBps. However, to avoid confusion, you generally want to write Mbps when meaning bits and MB/sec when meaning bytes).

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    0 times
    thank for the info, it was both read and write speeds that i was curious about, but the 40 MB/s was read speed so im guessing it might my hard drive

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links